First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So excited that I was able to take delivery of my FE Cactus Grey Bronco, first hard top in WI I am told. You don't realize how big it is until you see it in person (that's what....). One issue I ran into was activating FordPass. It had all the information in the app but kept saying, "Activation Not Available". After 2 hours on with the FordPass Guide (yes, that is what they call the service people) and 2 different conversations, it was determined that communication happened after 9/21 when it was built. So conclusion was one of two things-Bronco was still in transport mode (unlikely because you wouldn't be able to go more than X miles an hour) OR it was that the Bronco needed a TCU software update which is a 3 hour process that has to be done at the dealer. When I called to make the appointment (Monday) the technician basically said that the other Broncos that they had received had this issue. So hopefully it will be fixed but I was like, "if you know it's a potential issue, maybe check when you prep it and save me the dealer visit, day one". So word of advice, if you do get one check with the dealer if they checked for this update or the other issue. Other than that, I am in love. Getting some 75/80 degree days (in WI, in October is crazy) so maybe I will get to see her with her top off ;)

As a ps and completely unrelated, unless you are like over 6 feet you "WILL" need some sort of running boards or a stool as I barely can get in and I am 5'10". Those will be an add for sure. I really wish they had those mini steps that attached to the rock rails from SEMA 2020. That would be perfect so I don't have to spend another $600.
Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1419
Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they were having issues with FordPass yesterday. I haven't had time to try it yet today but I didn't receive the error I was getting yesterday. I would try again if you haven't.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So excited that I was able to take delivery of my FE Cactus Grey Bronco, first hard top in WI I am told. You don't realize how big it is until you see it in person (that's what....). One issue I ran into was activating FordPass. It had all the information in the app but kept saying, "Activation Not Available". After 2 hours on with the FordPass Guide (yes, that is what they call the service people) and 2 different conversations, it was determined that communication happened after 9/21 when it was built. So conclusion was one of two things-Bronco was still in transport mode (unlikely because you wouldn't be able to go more than X miles an hour) OR it was that the Bronco needed a TCU software update which is a 3 hour process that has to be done at the dealer. When I called to make the appointment (Monday) the technician basically said that the other Broncos that they had received had this issue. So hopefully it will be fixed but I was like, "if you know it's a potential issue, maybe check when you prep it and save me the dealer visit, day one". So word of advice, if you do get one check with the dealer if they checked for this update or the other issue. Other than that, I am in love. Getting some 75/80 degree days (in WI, in October is crazy) so maybe I will get to see her with her top off ;)

As a ps and completely unrelated, unless you are like over 6 feet you "WILL" need some sort of running boards or a stool as I barely can get in and I am 5'10". Those will be an add for sure. I really wish they had those mini steps that attached to the rock rails from SEMA 2020. That would be perfect so I don't have to spend another $600.
Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1419
Congrats your bronco looks great I assume you got the new hard top how is it any issues

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good lord does that Bronco look GOOOOD. I have a 4 door Badlands Sasquatch Cactus Gray being built today supposedly.

Congrats man and yeah, Fordpass can be tricky with new vehicles. I ran into activation issues with my Ranger Tremor as well.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

unless you are like over 6 feet you "WILL" need some sort of running boards or a stool as I barely can get in and I am 5'10".
My wife is 5'6 and had zero problems getting in and out of a badlands nonsas. The ride height difference is 1.28 inches.

(34.4-32.7)/2=.85 inches
suspension is .43 inches higher
.85+.43=1.28 inches

Sponsored
OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats your bronco looks great I assume you got the new hard top how is it any issues
Thanks. No issues yet but just hyper-vigilant as not sure what's considered wrong. Did have a couple ehh paint issues on the tailgate hinges but I don't think it's enough to put up a stink. What do you guys think?
Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1737

Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1741
Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1739

Ford Bronco Having FordPass Problems IMG_1738

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. No issues yet but just hyper-vigilant as not sure what's considered wrong. Did have a couple ehh paint issues on the tailgate hinges but I don't think it's enough to put up a stink. What do you guys think?

Congratulations Jeff, it's a beauty. I suggest you show the dealer these little top defects, especially the seal that's not set properly. That seal I would want fixed now. Enjoy that new Bronco.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations Jeff, it's a beauty. I suggest you show the dealer these little top defects, especially the seal that's not set properly. That seal I would want fixed now. Enjoy that new Bronco.
Thanks Jim, will do when I take her in for that 3 hour TCU update.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just FYI, I was able to get FordPass working this afternoon. It was a little wonky but worked after turning the Bronco off and on.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to shabby if anything have it documented with your dealer looks like there still having an issue we’re they take them out of the mold or something but def better than mic 1.0

Sponsored
OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just FYI, I was able to get FordPass working this afternoon. It was a little wonky but worked after turning the Bronco off and on.
Did you ever get an activation unavailable on the app prior or what error did you get?

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had issues with FordPass on my New F150 back in July. Took about 3 days and it eventually sorted itself (after numerous calls to Ford and my dealership that weren't much help.)

Suggest just waiting it out for a bit before taking in to have them look at it - I think it'll correct itself.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get an activation unavailable on the app prior or what error did you get?
Yeah they were having issues all day yesterday. It seems to be resolved today as I was able to activate. Also curious when everyone's Ford points showed up? I haven't seen mine yet.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah they were having issues all day yesterday. It seems to be resolved today as I was able to activate. Also curious when everyone's Ford points showed up? I haven't seen mine yet.
What did you do to activate it? Car on and running? Start over and add your car to the app? Reboot the FordPass on the Bronco? Something else? Did all of those so just teyimg to see if it’s that or something else.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was also told my modem isn’t receiving data and needs to be reset to resolve the FordPass activation issue - but no one said it was a 3-hour process! I’m going in on Wednesday to get it done. Let me know how yours goes.
Sponsored