Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am having an issue with Ford covering the repairs of the body panels that were miss aligned from the factory. I remember seeing on this Forum contact info of executives that I could contact. I am unable to find that thread. Can some please assist?

Drivers
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Drivers - Full_1
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Drivers_Close_1
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Drivers_Close_2
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Drivers_Close_3
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Drivers_Close_4

Passenger
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Passenger_Close_1
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Passenger_Close_2
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Passenger_Full_@
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels Passenger_Full_1
Sponsored

Last edited:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it knock when you close the door or are you just upset that it's slightly crooked?

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yikes. That looks bad.

My dealership gave me an Escape as a loaner a couple weeks back while my Bronco was getting a leak fixed. The back driver side door on the escape was so far off it had chipped the paint when shutting it. Car only had 33 miles on it!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My drivers door contacts in the door jamb enough that it has removed the paint.
Took it in once, along with a few other things on the list, they didn't fix it at that point.
Not sure why they didn't.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does it knock when you close the door or are you just upset that it's slightly crooked?
Any body flex it’ll be paint to paint contact. I would like the passenger side to somewhat match the drivers. Doesn’t have to be perfect, but these tolerances are ridiculous.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you lay the credit card flat across the gap so I can get a feel for the length?
Also, what is the Zip Code of the Ford Dealership near you?

sarc/ Don't answer that.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back to my original question, does anybody have the contact information of some executives so I can move this at the chain? I know there was a thread on here somewhere that contained this information but I am unable to locate.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My body panels have finally been adjusted. They turned out perfect. This is a picture of them adjusting it in the on-site Ford body shop.

The key is getting Ford to perform this task at a dealer with a body shop located on site.

Ford seems to an issue if they have to send it offsite to another facility. Either way. It’s fixed.
Ford Bronco Having issue getting Ford to cover misaligned body panels C77BDA11-226C-4E35-8B02-6F10BA1AB3E4

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
My body panels have finally been adjusted. They turned out perfect. This is a picture of them adjusting it in the on-site Ford body shop.

The key is getting Ford to perform this task at a dealer with a body shop located on site.

Ford seems to an issue if they have to send it offsite to another facility. Either way. It’s fixed.
C77BDA11-226C-4E35-8B02-6F10BA1AB3E4.jpeg
I have similar door gap issues. Did you go through Ford customer service who then got you connected and into a dealership with in house body shop or did you go through the dealership who then worked with Ford to cover it? Did you happen to notice what and how they adjusted the doors? Were other body panels adjusted as well? Thanks!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@flip is there a process to adjust body panels for us DYI folks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have similar door gap issues. Did you go through Ford customer service who then got you connected and into a dealership with in house body shop or did you go through the dealership who then worked with Ford to cover it? Did you happen to notice what and how they adjusted the doors? Were other body panels adjusted as well? Thanks!
I found a dealership with an on-site body shop, walked right in and showed them the issue. I made an appointment and they fixed it on site.

They took off the top, and adjusted the rear body panels. The technician said it was very easy as they are modular. The whole process took about three hours for both sides.

Reactions: 0ne

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back to my original question, does anybody have the contact information of some executives so I can move this at the chain? I know there was a thread on here somewhere that contained this information but I am unable to locate.
I remember it. Thought I saved it. Searching.