First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered a Big Bend, it's finished and built and just waiting on shipping.

But I'm starting to ask myself if I made the right decision chosing the Big Bend, or If I should have just went ahead and got the Badlands, or Outer Banks....

Can someone reassure me that my choice will be just fine? I do plan on putting this thing on some rims and tires and a 2-3'' lift, so I was hoping that chosing the Big Bend model would chop down the price a little so I can do these upgrades myself. Have I made a mistake?
Sponsored

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But I'm starting to ask myself if I made the right decision chosing the Big Bend, or If I should have just went ahead and got the Badlands, or Outer Banks....

Can someone reassure me that my choice will be just fine? I do plan on putting this thing on some rims and tires and a 2-3'' lift, so I was hoping that chosing the Big Bend model would chop down the price a little so I can do these upgrades myself. Have I made a mistake?
Just got my Big Bend. I love it!
Ford Bronco Having second thoughts about my Big Bend choice IMG-4469.JPG

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you optioned the 4.27's with the rear locker, you'll be fine. A rear locker will take you pretty far with good tires. You can add armor/rock rails as needed.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't be talkin' like that. I was looking for the minimum trim I could get with the equipment I wanted at the least cost. I'm getting the BB. Locker, 4.27's, tint, color choices, grille and wheels I like the best. I will upgrade tires at some point and I plan on getting the transfer case skid. I'm (and you're) good.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OB and BB are the same from the wheel-tire upgrade perspective you are talking about. If you want a bigger wheel/tire combo for offroading, then perhaps the gear ratio is the biggest concern you should have.

The BB is the fastest delivery and most cost-effective option without it being bare bones in my opinion. Also, if you had not gone BB, you may not have had a MY21.

Personally, I plan on finding a set of BL wheel/tire takeoffs in the next year or so and putting them on. The 33" looks great IMO. While having a 35" would be nice, there is no way I am upgrading the gears.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get FOMO over trims. Order only what you need for however you're going to use the vehicle, customize the rest yourself if needed.

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you optioned the 4.27's with the rear locker, you'll be fine. A rear locker will take you pretty far with good tires. You can add armor/rock rails as needed.
How do I check if I chose the 4.27s? I cant remember if I did or not.

Edit: Looks like I have rear open differentials, not locking.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your order summary from the dealer. But given you don't remember it's unlikely that you did.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't get FOMO over trims. Order only what you need for however you're going to use the vehicle, customize the rest yourself if needed.
⬆ This is the answer . If you ordered what you know will work for your needs and lifestyle, don’t second guess. I think the Big Bend is more than capable especially when you simply upgrade wheel/tires and maybe a level and/or lift. Make it yours

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

oooof. Sorry, but open diffs suck. I would try to flip it for a profit and order a more capable Bronco or budget to upgrade the rear diff fairly soon. You said you plan to lift so you also plan to run 35's probably. 35's with 3.73's won't be ideal, but it could be worse.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as you ordered the rear locker you are fine.
Rear locker is the only reason to order BB instead of Base IMHO, but still an expensive way to get a locker.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, with open diffs and those gears you'll be passed by a Prius on the trails. LOL,,,, enjoy the new Bronco. There will be plenty of upgrades as the aftermarket gets into gear.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs