First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a very early reservation number, been so hyped to get the truck, but now after receiving my third delay email, and reading through the posts from folks that have received their Broncos, I'm now on the fence. Its a long term dream to have a Bronco, from way back in the early 70s, but I don't need one. In fact knowing my personality, if I were to receive the truck at the end of August, as it's now scheduled, and there were issues. I would be extremely sad. It's not a money thing, or delay thing, its a I would want zero issues thing, and I don't think they will be able to deliver that in my21.

Thoughts? Am I overreacting to everyone's posts?
Sponsored

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it may be a bit of overreacting, but also may be worth going through and really determining what you want. Every first year has issues but the extent of the issues weā€™ve seen so far are A. Not dealbreakers to the bronco experience and B. Not unfixable.

And honestly, if you decide in a few months of ownership that you donā€™t like it, I would bet youā€™d be able to sell at a very small loss if any. Just food for thought!
If you truly want zero issues though, probably will be something you want to pass on for a year or two. And even then thereā€™s never a guarantee.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would recommend that you do a test drive as a tie breaker. There have been folks that are positive and negative-mostly positive on the test drive front. See it, drive it, sit in it and put it through its paces, on road and off. Then and only then should you start to make a definitive decision. If you buy it and do not realize the dream, sell it at no loss and a possible profit.

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After driving in the bronco off-rodeo, Iā€™m more than excited than ever! I can wait too, but now I really donā€™t wanna!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a very early reservation number, been so hyped to get the truck, but now after receiving my third delay email, and reading through the posts from folks that have received their Broncos, I'm now on the fence. Its a long term dream to have a Bronco, from way back in the early 70s, but I don't need one. In fact knowing my personality, if I were to receive the truck at the end of August, as it's now scheduled, and there were issues. I would be extremely sad. It's not a money thing, or delay thing, its a I would want zero issues thing, and I don't think they will be able to deliver that in my21.

Just drive it when it comes in. If you donā€™t like it, refuse delivery. Your dealer will be happy to mark it up and sell it to a lot lizard future customer. Easy peasy. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Two things.

1) Test drive to see how you like it, rather than relying on internet posts.

2) Put aside any dream/image stuff, and be completely honest with yourself if you will for real use the key features of the Bronco that separate it from other vehicles (off-road capability, top/doors off). If you buy because you for real will get a lot of use from those features, then you will likely be happy, even with some issues. But if you buy and will not even be using those features much, then you're not getting much real out of the vehicle, and any issues will be magnified.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You are hang in there Itā€™s worth it Iā€™m going to be reliving my younger days in my scout 2

39544D9D-D193-4E31-9168-E1B8B30E993B.jpeg

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Robert, I too am having those same feelings. Went to 5 Star in Dallas today to purchase a Lariat F150 they were holding for me. I am tired of waiting and not sure when I'll get a Bronco. I am a late reservation but only because I wanted the first year bugs to be worked out. Now first year may be second year. Regardless, I drove into the lot on Hwy 820 and there sit two Broncos. Only thing I noticed at first sitting front and center. There were Raptors and Mustangs there too!
First time actually seeing one in person and it was like SIX FLAGS all over again. After sitting in the Badlands and drooling all over the inside, I knew waiting would be worth it for me. I didn't buy the truck as it was lifted on 35's. I only want one thing on 35's and I can wait. Beside, like the previous comments stated here, I can drive it, sell it, or be happy with it. With all those options, something will work for me. I do worry though, as I may be hyping this more than it should be for just a truck.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting tends to make you humans overthink things a bit.
Tell me about it! Who would post Landscape photos in Portrait mode?!?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're only overreacting if you cancel your res or pass up an opportunity to own your Bronco. None of us "NEED" a bronco, but if you "WANT" a Bronco and have wanted one for nearly 50 years, then "GET" a Bronco and build it the way you want. If you don't like it and regret it later then sell it, you might actually make a profit šŸ˜‚. You will at least recoup your money put in. All vehicles have problems, first year or not and Ford is doing the best they can in the middle of a pandemic that seems to have no end.

Stay the course if there is no financial reason to bail. I doubt you'll regret it. Also spend less time reading the negative posts and focus on the positive ones. Also do some window shopping for accessories, window tint, radio upgrades.... that will keep your mind off the wait. We're all in the same boat so deep breath and stay with us šŸ˜

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and Ford is doing the best they can in the middle of a pandemic that seems to have no end.
This. This right here. Keep it all in perspective.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"I would want zero issues thing." So it reads like you are seeking perfection? That's a high bar to meet for any product, regardless of product type and manufacturer. There is going to be something, if not several things that you will not find perfection in with the Bronco. There is not going to be zero issues with the Bronco that is eventually delivered to you.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will make my point using an imperfect analogy. My wife and I just built a new house (one year ago). I have a background in design and construction, my wife is an engineer. On the front end, I worked hard to calibrate her expectations. It will be nice, but there will be mistakes. We have to accept that there will be imperfections and issues to correct. Sure, terrible quality should be called out, but mistakes will happen, new products will fail, and subs might disappoint. The big question, do we trust the GC to fix the problems? Are we willing to work through this process. The answer was "yes".

Bringing this home to the Bronco. I don't expect perfection and I have tried not to feel the hype. It is an amazingly cool, well sought after, purposefully designed Bronco that will have some imperfections and faults, especially as the first model year of the vehicle.

Do I trust Ford to fix the issues that arise? For me, the answer is "yes".

Can I live with the quirks that come with having a first year model? Yes, so long as they are quirks and not failure or performance issues. Those I expect to be fixed.

At the end of the day, this is a sports car, no different that a Mazda Miata. If you calibrate your expectations around that, then I think you will be happier. If you expect an Acura, Volvo, Lexus level finish in the Bronco, you will be disappointed.

All that said, some people won't like it, and that is fine. For those people, dont worry, somebody will by your new or used Bronco faster than it took me to type this message. šŸ˜
Sponsored