Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised no one's asked, so I will...

I see you're in TX, not too far from me... Which bumper did you originally have? Capable? And if so, what did you do with it? 🙃

Your rig looks great by the way! (maybe I should've led with that... 🤔)
Sponsored

OP
OP
smast

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You said you don't want a winch, but would this bumper accept a winch without messing with the adaptive cruise? I know the camera would be an issue with the bar. I am looking at Rock Hard 4x4 front bumper which has attachments on the front for a winch plate and a light bar and comes with an extension cable for the camera to mount it on the light bar and you don't lose the view.
As I understand it this bumper does not accommodate a winch

OP
OP
smast

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I see you're in TX, not too far from me... Which bumper did you originally have? Capable? And if so, what did you do with it? 🙃

Original bumper is lying in my backyard. But it's just the basic standard mostly plastic one. Not the steel or the capable one. No idea what to do with that

Thanks!

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see you have the Wildtrak, that I just ordered, since I do like more of a desert runner than rock crawler (Badlands). I also ordered the 2023 WT w HOSS3 since it has the lowest end bumpers since I am replacing any ways... it looks like pre-Hoss 3.0 suspension (since no gold peaks on the logo), do you notice the front end dipping for the weight at all? I am thinking of the ARM Summit bumper since all the sensors, adaptive and camera are all relocated and wanted deer hit protection where I live. I do like your rock rails, do they lower the approach height at all or are level with the bottom frame?

Last edited:

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak comes with plastic? Huh... Interesting.

Guess I'm looking for a Badlands who's replacing their bumper... 🤔

Sponsored

EddieN

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks really good. Been looking at this bumper for a while. Just wondering how it affects the front camera. Can you provide any pics?

Badger_Dad

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Havoc rear bumper this past Sunday. It took longer figuring out how to get the original bumper off than getting the new one on. Havoc makes a bracket to relocate your license plate as the the new bumper doesn't accommodate a plate. You need to keep in mind that the plate bracket doesn't come with a plate light and they sell this for an additional $35. I have the Havoc front bumper on as well. All in all, great value for the the quality and ease of install.

20221010_134826.jpg

20221016_164944.jpg

20221120_133831.jpg

20221120_135250.jpg

Broncobsessed

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same Hooke Road side steps and I agree 100%! Affordable and great quality

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Completed my exterior transformation this weekend - love how my Wildtrak functions and looks now.

Havoc bender front bumper
  • Didn't need a winch, wanted something I could beat up and stand on, and still retain full functionality of luxe sensors, adaptive cruise, front camera without relocation
  • Both bumpers arrived FAST. Ordered on a Wednesday, arrived on Friday. Really impressed with that
Havoc bender rear bumper
  • Modified to mount rear license plate for street driving. Tapped holes for plate mount, relocated inner driver's side parking sensor
  • Need to figure how to re-mount the license plate light now. Shouldn't be a big deal
Rigid pod lights
  • Connection to interior switch #1 was straightforward
  • Lucky to have already had a 3-leg puller to remove the wiper blade arms. You have to pull those to remove the plastic cowl and run the passenger side wires
  • Deleted antenna, ran a strap wire from the antenna connector to the pod light bracket to utilize the bracket as an antenna for FM reception. Works great
Hooke road step rails
  • Hides pinch weld, adds some lower protection, still gives my 3-legged lab something to step on when getting in
  • Installation was very simple and straightforward
  • Researched several options. Hooke Road steps had the most heavy duty looking mounting brackets, all welded construction, nothing screwed together. Feel very solid. Fast delivery turnaround.
Custom mud flaps
  • Didn't like the plastic ones, wanted heavy composite/rubber ones like I see on big trucks
  • Ordered basic 12x18 composite flaps from Amazon, cut with a jigsaw, drilled holes for mounting bolts, used automotive U-clips to mount. Love how these turned out
Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop
  • Had one on my '12 Wrangler. Essential gear for a hardtop Bronco. First mod I did.
Full ceramic Graphene Advanced coating
  • I plan to get this rig dirty a lot, but want it to shine up bright when I clean it up.
Fire away with any questions.
Ford Bronco Havoc F/R bumpers, Hooke Road step rails, Rigid lights, Antenna delete, Custom heavy mud flaps...exterior mods complete! 20221120_135250
Ford Bronco Havoc F/R bumpers, Hooke Road step rails, Rigid lights, Antenna delete, Custom heavy mud flaps...exterior mods complete! 20221120_135250

Good looking rig! Best of luck with her!

downsdt

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have a capable bumper for sale. Hit me up if interested two25-nine78-six297

Sponsored
OP
OP
smast

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see you have the Wildtrak, that I just ordered, since I do like more of a desert runner than rock crawler (Badlands). I also ordered the 2023 WT w HOSS3 since it has the lowest end bumpers since I am replacing any ways... it looks like pre-Hoss 3.0 suspension (since no gold peaks on the logo), do you notice the front end dipping for the weight at all? I am thinking of the ARM Summit bumper since all the sensors, adaptive and camera are all relocated and wanted deer hit protection where I live. I do like your rock rails, do they lower the approach height at all or are level with the bottom frame?
I can't see any noticeable dip in the front since I put the heavier bumper on. It wasn't crazy heavy though. I was able to lift it by myself to install it.
As far as the rails they sit down lower than the rocker. But are still not as low as some of the components under the vehicle. I think they're about the same height as the factory side steps.

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak comes with plastic? Huh... Interesting.

Guess I'm looking for a Badlands who's replacing their bumper... 🤔
Yeah, that was a surprise to me too. I got a Wildtrak and assumed that it would come with the modular bumpers 🤷‍♂️, shame on me for assuming. By the time I figured out it was gonna come with plastic I was too far down the path to risk making an adjustment to my order. I'll just upgrade it.

As for the OP's rig, that setup is awesome! My wife needs side steps 😝 and I like the look of these. Got any pics of how it mounts? Might seem silly, but always nice to see what I'd be getting into.

OP
OP
smast

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, that was a surprise to me too. I got a Wildtrak and assumed that it would come with the modular bumpers 🤷‍♂️, shame on me for assuming. By the time I figured out it was gonna come with plastic I was too far down the path to risk making an adjustment to my order. I'll just upgrade it.

As for the OP's rig, that setup is awesome! My wife needs side steps 😝 and I like the look of these. Got any pics of how it mounts? Might seem silly, but always nice to see what I'd be getting into.
Not silly. The mounts were the most important thing to me. I wanted them to be strong. These mount in two places where a lot of the others mount in three but the brackets were obviously much stronger on these. Two bolts on each brackets so 4 per side. And then it also mounts with nuts and bolts to the pinch weld at the bottom of the rocker panel. Overall a very strong mount but not very difficult to install
Ford Bronco Havoc F/R bumpers, Hooke Road step rails, Rigid lights, Antenna delete, Custom heavy mud flaps...exterior mods complete! 20221122_165244
Ford Bronco Havoc F/R bumpers, Hooke Road step rails, Rigid lights, Antenna delete, Custom heavy mud flaps...exterior mods complete! 20221122_165207

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not silly. The mounts were the most important thing to me. I wanted them to be strong. These mount in two places where a lot of the others mount in three but the brackets were obviously much stronger on these. Two bolts on each brackets so 4 per side. And then it also mounts with nuts and bolts to the pinch weld at the bottom of the rocker panel. Overall a very strong mount but not very difficult to install
Ford Bronco Havoc F/R bumpers, Hooke Road step rails, Rigid lights, Antenna delete, Custom heavy mud flaps...exterior mods complete! 20221122_165207
Oh nice! That's exactly what I was hoping, into the mounting holes and +one into the pinch weld. Now to see if they make a set for the 2 door Bronco. :unsure:

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd love to hear more about this! I'm sure it's not too crazy but would love some info

"Deleted antenna, ran a strap wire from the antenna connector to the pod light bracket to utilize the bracket as an antenna for FM reception. Works great"
Sponsored