Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you fasten the wire mesh? It looks great! Did you tack weld it in place or are there holes for fasteners. Nice work!
I see the Adaptive Cruise block - does the bumper block it? Does the mesh work with it? I see the bumper accomodates the sonar and camera, but want to be sure the ACC works.
Also - what size are the light holes and are the mounts included? I have the factory 'capable' bumper w/ factory lights - which I see you used. Did they bolt right in? Did you need a special mount? How about a 4 inch rigid 360 - think it will go in?
Thank in advance -
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see the Adaptive Cruise block - does the bumper block it? Does the mesh work with it? I see the bumper accomodates the sonar and camera, but want to be sure the ACC works.
Also - what size are the light holes and are the mounts included? I have the factory 'capable' bumper w/ factory lights - which I see you used. Did they bolt right in? Did you need a special mount? How about a 4 inch rigid 360 - think it will go in?
Thank in advance -
Wow, a lot of questions...lol
The mess that was installed is my doing, does not interfere with ACC.
All the electronics work normally, no issues. I installed my factory fog lights. Bracket comes with bumper an a set of mounting brackets for aftermarket. The fog light pockets are standard / normal size. Idk, about the 360s.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, a lot of questions...lol
The mess that was installed is my doing, does not interfere with ACC.
All the electronics work normally, no issues. I installed my factory fog lights. Bracket comes with bumper an a set of mounting brackets for aftermarket. The fog light pockets are standard / normal size. Idk, about the 360s.
thanks for your response - gonna order the bumper. I appreciate it!!

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for responding. No need for the pictures. I ordered the front and rear bumpers this morning. Can't wait to put them on. Really appreciate your detailed writeup. Don't really feel like I need a winch and did not want to block any of the luxe sensors so this bumper was exactly what I needed.
Can you post when they arrive? I am curious how long it takes for you to get them.

Thanks

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They were super fast. Ordered Wednesday and they arrived via FedEx in Texas on Friday.

Sponsored

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco HAVOC Steel Bender Front Bumper Installed 20221120_095310
Ford Bronco HAVOC Steel Bender Front Bumper Installed 20221120_095402
Ford Bronco HAVOC Steel Bender Front Bumper Installed 20221120_095324
Ford Bronco HAVOC Steel Bender Front Bumper Installed 20221120_095354

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK - so I ordered the Havoc - arrived completely destroyed from 4WP, didnt even remove it from the smashed box! (Although I could see the bumper was damaged as it poked out of the box!) I sent that one back. Havoc turned out to tbe cheaper ($809) so ordered a second one from them direct - hope to get it soon.
Meanwhile - can anyone tell me the diameter of the hoop tube?

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK - so I ordered the Havoc - arrived completely destroyed from 4WP, didnt even remove it from the smashed box! (Although I could see the bumper was damaged as it poked out of the box!) I sent that one back. Havoc turned out to tbe cheaper ($809) so ordered a second one from them direct - hope to get it soon.
Meanwhile - can anyone tell me the diameter of the hoop tube?
1 7/8"

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you! Makes sense since I see their sidesteps use the same size tubing - wanted to be sure. Appreciate your response - and your bronco looks awesome!

Sponsored

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Word to the wise on the sensors...save your sensor attachment parts from your old bumper and re-use on the Havoc. They easily separate to come off the oem bumper. The Havoc ones come off by unscrewing. Despite looking more robust, I found that the Havoc sensor mounts with the foam and the press-on retainer don't do a good job of keeping the sensor flush with the bumper. Several of my sensors ended up being crooked because the retention mechanism presses on just one side of the back of the sensor. The OEM ones keep things held in place better.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, the 1st day or two had a sensor issue seeing part of the bumper, just alignment. Adjusted lens with finger, then all good.

I've been off roading, in ponds, pressure washed and havent had any issues since 1st install day.

I agree, the sensor mount could be better.

Were you able to use the factory mount / retainer?

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, the 1st day or two had a sensor issue seeing part of the bumper, just alignment. Adjusted lens with finger, then all good.

I've been off roading, in ponds, pressure washed and havent had any issues since 1st install day.

I agree, the sensor mount could be better.

Were you able to use the factory mount / retainer?
Yes, was able to use the factory mount/retainer. For the rear bumper, the Havoc sensor mounts were great. It was just the front bumper where they all had alignment problems. Mostly a function of the sensor configuration itself. Rear sensors are different from front sensors.

tbebber1980

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running into the same issue -on both ends. The front has had an error pretty much for the last 3 days & then the rear sensors will shift slightly and alert me of danger in the rear.

Will try the factory mount/retainer... see how that goes!

Working on getting the Havoc side steps next.

TJ

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, was able to use the factory mount/retainer. For the rear bumper, the Havoc sensor mounts were great. It was just the front bumper where they all had alignment problems. Mostly a function of the sensor configuration itself. Rear sensors are different from front sensors.
Thanks, nice to know. I only did the front Havoc bumper. Waiting for a tire carrier bumper that ticks all the boxes for me. Were getting close, probably spring or summer. Thx!👍👍
Sponsored