First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey there, I saw there's a few people ordering from Hawaii, including myself. Has anyone called around yet to see which dealer is doing the best deal so far? I called Maui's ford and they wont work with you at all and will be raising the price so they said.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah with everything this year I definitely wont be a first year buyer so I haven't talked to Ford here, however on more than 1 occasion I have seen a Chevy or Toyota showcased on the corner of their lot so I cant say I have a ton of faith in them. I do know for the cost of Destination Charge for the islands I can buy atleast 1 roundtrip flight to the mainland plus the 1150 actual dollars it costs to ship a vehicle here. On top of that cars are always marked up here because of availability. So I will probably get a free vacation out of just going to the mainland for a few weeks and having the trip of a lifetime.

I honestly cant imagine them having any Bronco on Maui in stock for less than $40,000.
But maybe they will offer deals to try to break the Yota monopoly.

I sure cant wait to see em on the road around here though.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I lived in Puerto Rico they tack on a 25% excise tax on new car purchases. Thank goodness it is not as bad in Hawaii

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on Oahu and have talked with Honolulu Ford and Windward Ford.
Honolulu Ford replied with "You know more than we do at this point" when asked about the Bronco. Both dealers claimed not to know if x plan would be offered.
Whenever talking about dealers my opinion can never be trusted. Every interaction I have had with dealers has left me feeling f*cked. I hold a grudge.

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I currently live less than an hour away from the Ford Wayne assembly plant where the Bronco will be built but by time my FE comes in I will be living in Hawai’i. Last year I checked on Jeep Gladiator prices from different dealerships in Hawaii and the markup was atrocious! Most likely I’ll be doing a cross country vacation and then shipping mine from the mainland ?

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honolulu Ford replied with "You know more than we do at this point" when asked about the Bronco. Both dealers claimed not to know if x plan would be offered.
Whenever talking about dealers my opinion can never be trusted. Every interaction I have had with dealers has left me feeling f*cked. I hold a grudge.
What, Kelly Boy not done sold you on Windward Ford yet?? Lol

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try and buy a Toyota. I Bought a Tundra in Minnesota! It cost less to fly to Minnesota, drive it to California. and ship it to Oahu than to buy it from Servco.
It is not looking good for getting a Bronco. Will see after the build and price comes out.

OP
OP

Corsair84

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey guys, i spoke with windward ford and spoke with Eric Young, he said he would work out a deal for msrp, no markup, have to do vin etching (for their insurance purposes blah blah 180 dollars) and doc fee was around 250. He wouldn't do xplan though. What is the destination charge for vehicles to hawaii i didn't ask that question

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Spent 3 years on Oahu and only dealer I ever visited on the island then that didn't have a markup was VW. My opinion is if someone will offer you msrp that's probably the best deal you're going to get unless you get for way under invoice and ship yourself. Also as far as I know, the Ford shipping cost is the same whether you buy in Detroit or Honolulu.

Sponsored

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, i spoke with windward ford and spoke with Eric Young, he said he would work out a deal for msrp, no markup, have to do vin etching (for their insurance purposes blah blah 180 dollars) and doc fee was around 250. He wouldn't do xplan though. What is the destination charge for vehicles to hawaii i didn't ask that question
With the information learned on this sire about pricing with Ford I just can't pay msrp.
I "want" a Bronco. I don't "need" a Bronco.
Honolulu Ford's website says that they do x plan. Why pay msrp?
Haven't even talked to cutter yet.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try and buy a Toyota. I Bought a Tundra in Minnesota! It cost less to fly to Minnesota, drive it to California. and ship it to Oahu than to buy it from Servco.
It is not looking good for getting a Bronco. Will see after the build and price comes out.
Just a quick craigslist search and I found 2 early 90s and 2 80s tacos for around 9000 looked mostly stock nothing special also a rusty 86 4runner for 10,000. Everybody here drinks the Kool-aide!

OP
OP

Corsair84

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the information learned on this sire about pricing with Ford I just can't pay msrp.
I "want" a Bronco. I don't "need" a Bronco.
Honolulu Ford's website says that they do x plan. Why pay msrp?
Haven't even talked to cutter yet.
I suppose i'd pay msrp so i dont have to ship it from SoCal and spend the same money?

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and Toyota are different in Hawaii. Servco Toyota has a monopoly. They are the only dealer.
Now when it comes to Ford they have three dealerships. Can pit them against each other.

RickyD

Badlands
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on Oahu and have looked for some type of comparison between the three dealerships here in terms of price negotiation. I suppose most people just go into a dealer and buy what they like on the lot without doing much running across the island to comparison shop. My reservation is currently with Cutter Ford because that's the closest to my house. It looks like I'm in the MY22 cut so I hope once my number is called I will be able to shop around and move my reservation... if I don't decide to buy from a mainland dealer and ship it over first. Decisions, decisions...
Sponsored