Sponsored

Hazard lights/turn signal flash when auto start/stop or turning off Bronco and...

NE26

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Less than 150 miles on an Outer Banks, 2.7, Lux, SAS....

Sometimes, when the auto start/stop activates, the hazards will flash really fast, sometimes just the noise of the signals flashing but don't catch the signal flash on the dash. Has also happened several times when shutting the car off. Tonight it just flashed the right turn signal when I shut off the vehicle. Intermittent, but does some combo of the above everytime I've driven the Bronco.

Also, after leaving SiriusXM on a station for extended time, if you turn the tune knob it goes back to station one (or 998), not the next in line.

Last, normal operating temps for the engine? The digital gauge is new to me, so use to seeing the gauge sit in the middle (except the M4, always low). But just glancing at the digital gauge it seems to be creeping towards the high side, yet temp was reading 215 on a 60 degree night driving 30 in town.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone had a water hose pop off because the clamp was incorrectly installed at the factory.. saw the post a day or two ago. I would start there.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would take that in to the dealer...my bet is a ground issue somewhere causing the odd light issues.

Check the owners manual for the operating temps...as you now BMW's run much hotter than that...

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nokosh

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got my two-door Outer Banks last week. I've noticed the same issue with the auto start and flashers whenever I stop at a stoplight. It's only happened twice though (out of probably 30 stops), so it's hard to take it to the dealership for them to figure out what's wrong.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sometimes, when the auto start/stop activates, the hazards will flash really fast, sometimes just the noise of the signals flashing but don't catch the signal flash on the dash. Has also happened several times when shutting the car off. Tonight it just flashed the right turn signal when I shut off the vehicle. Intermittent, but does some combo of the above everytime I've driven the Bronco.

Also, after leaving SiriusXM on a station for extended time, if you turn the tune knob it goes back to station one (or 998), not the next in line.

Last, normal operating temps for the engine? The digital gauge is new to me, so use to seeing the gauge sit in the middle (except the M4, always low). But just glancing at the digital gauge it seems to be creeping towards the high side, yet temp was reading 215 on a 60 degree night driving 30 in town.
215 (F) is not a normal temp for coolant in today's cars, but not outrageous if under a load or running hard in hot conditions, it is, however, in line with oil temps. Are you sure what gauge you are watching? Might it be oil temp?

The reason you are used to seeing gauges in the middle for engine temps is that they are not real gauges. They are 'set' to run in the middle if your engine temp is say...above 120F and below 210F, if the go above or below, they will peg at either high or low on the gauge. Watch the gauge next time, might take 5-10 miles for it to stabilize temps and they should move slightly up and down after that, depending on speed/airflow over the radiator. If they are rock steady, they are just fancy idiot lights and not real gauges.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did the dealer find a solution for you? Mine recently started doing this as well.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any of you figure out what’s causing the hazards to flash? Just noticed mines been doing it too.

mrnoodley

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2018 JL, 2020 Gladiator, 2021 2dr Badland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same hazard flashing issue. It's completely random..

It's an odd issue, but at least I'm not the only one.

Sponsored

VBBADLANDS

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates? Mine just started doing this 2,000 miles in.

KStAv8r

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed my hazards flashing with random Auto-Stop/Starts.

Also randomly flashed when outside the Bronco as well; not the normal approach flash.

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine also does the random hazard flash - Badlands/High/2.3/Manual/4dr. I don't find it concerning but it is curious.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, 7 months of people with this issue but no fixes. Anyone else find a fix for this?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs