DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if I was going to spend $100k+ on a vehicle there are about 1000 cars I would choose over a Bronco, especially since the Bronco will be @ or below MSRP next year and just about everywhere you look in 2 years.
Sponsored

Lewie

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got my First Edition at HB Ford (1st day reservation). Paid straight MSRP, no BS, add-ons or up selling. Omar the GM and the entire team were helpfull and responsive throughout the 16 month process.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Weird. Because I spent 4 days in HB and didnā€™t see one Bronco there. In fact. We drove out here from Phoenix and still never saw one the entire trip. Itā€™s cool and weird at the same time.
Just saw a FE yesterday in NB.. just a short drive from HB.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's funny. The only time I've ever seen ANY Broncos has been in HB. I frequently drive down for family and I don't think I've had one visit yet where I haven't seen one down there. I haven't even seen one in Santa Barbara yet or at any point along my 2hr drive down south. Only HB, lmao!
Several in Palisadesā€¦ likely toy $ to folks.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if I was going to spend $100k+ on a vehicle there are about 1000 cars I would choose over a Bronco, especially since the Bronco will be @ or below MSRP next year and just about everywhere you look in 2 years.
Truth. Well.. maybe less than a 1,000.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Huntington Beach Ford has 7 Bronco on their lot. 6 are First Editions. (5-4 door & 1-2 door). All but one of them are 6 stickers. But theyā€™re marking them up $50,000!!! Even the Badlands non/SAS was sporting a $30,000 markup
Iā€™m so glad I paid MSRP. Couldnā€™t imagine paying that retype of mark up.

4 door First Edition
F4B0F55C-B24A-41AC-AD6B-1A6436D6249C.jpeg

2 door First Edition
BA5BF568-8D42-4970-8A49-DFE8CADF403F.jpeg

4 Door Badlands non/SAS
View attachment 213875
So if they're selling their FE's for 114K what are they going to try and sell the Raptor for 150K?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree. My Badlands SAS Lux was $57k. This is NOT a $60k vehicle. Itā€™s more like $45k. Thatā€™s my biggest complaint. Put it up next to any other $60k and itā€™s a joke. To pay $114k is just plain ludicrous.
What in you humble opinion would make it worth the msrp? And where did you come up with a 45k value????

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What in you humble opinion would make it worth the msrp? And where did you come up with a 45k value????
Not commenter but having owned way too many vehicles and researching the Bronco a lot I would say mainly interior. Itā€™s like the difference in a 4Runner Premium and a Lexus GX. I like both but seats/overall interior of GX are much better. I really like the new Bronco but when the home CFO gives me a budget of 2 Broncos itā€™s going to be hard to go Bronco (not buying 2 vehicles). Iā€™m not sure I see $50-$60K value.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled $45k out of my butt strictly as an example only. Just trying to say my $60k Badlands isnā€™t worth $60k when compared to other $60k vehicles. (It was $57k, obviously rounding up for conversation) It should be way nicer inside. I went with my dad to look at trucks yesterday. The F150 Lariat interior blows away our Broncos for the same price. The Ram 1500 Laramie interior is absolutely stunning for about the same price. (Dad ended up ordering a ā€˜22 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Laramie last night) For starters, Iā€™d like to have memory seats/mirrors. Thatā€™s probably my biggest complaint with the Bronco. Leather or MGV, it should have memory. Why they canā€™t make a waterproof cover for the seat motor, I donā€™t know. The dash should also be covered in leather, or even the MGV šŸ¤”. (That would actually be awesome looking) Heck, maybe some soft materials on the doors. Which if youā€™ve shut your doors, you know they sound hollow and cheap. Yea, theyā€™re made lighter to be removed. But they could have done something to make them at least sound solid when you shut them. My SIL has a ā€˜21 Chevy Traverse. Thereā€™s more camera options in it then the Bronco. We donā€™t even have a plastic engine cover. Thereā€™s also no room in these things. Iā€™d love it if it was wider. Center console is tiny. And once you place your phone on the wireless charging pad, which, letā€™s be honest, barely works, thereā€™s no other place to put anything. There isnā€™t even a little cubby to put a key card. Sorry, but inside of these things just donā€™t warrant the price tag. Donā€™t get me wrong. I love our Bronco. Iā€™m even first on the list at my dealer for a Bronco Raptor and will absolutely be upgrading.

But big picture, Iā€™m driving a $60k vehicle that has manual vinyl seats, and plastic windows. Those three things alone donā€™t worry the $57,750 price tag. Just my .02Ā¢

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not commenter but having owned way too many vehicles and researching the Bronco a lot I would say mainly interior. Itā€™s like the difference in a 4Runner Premium and a Lexus GX. I like both but seats/overall interior of GX are much better. I really like the new Bronco but when the home CFO gives me a budget of 2 Broncos itā€™s going to be hard to go Bronco (not buying 2 vehicles). Iā€™m not sure I see $50-$60K value.
I can respect. Let me just point this out. There is nothing comparable in ford portfolio to the bronco. The closest vehicle is the jeep and from a feature standpoint it canā€™t touch the bronco. None of the drivers aids, a power seat or even a reasonably sized touch screen are available and at the same price point or higher. I own an explorer ST, with massage seats, a better stereo and much more refined driving dynamics but I am happily waiting to get my bronco because of what it can do. You want the doors off no problem, roof? Same, plus after sampling itā€™s comfort and capability at the off rodeo it sealed the deal for me. The biggest thing I am compromising on is the soft top but yo be honest the top down experience and the ability to go anywhere with little or no upgrades is a huge draw. I have a feeling a lot of reservation holders are being drawn to the imagine but wonā€™t be able to handle or understand the trade offs that go with it. Compared to a jeep this is a much more useable rig on road and only offers small trade offs for that comfort/use ability off road. There is a lot of argument on this forum about this but if you break it down to the basic fundamentals the bronco wins the battle in the following ways. More interior room, better on road ride, handling regardless of suspension package. More comfort, technology and the off-road tech (sta-bar disconnect, trail turn, lockers) all easier to use. Anyway my two cents.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I pulled $45k out of my butt strictly as an example only. Just trying to say my $60k Badlands isnā€™t worth $60k when compared to other $60k vehicles. (It was $57k, obviously rounding up for conversation) It should be way nicer inside. I went with my dad to look at trucks yesterday. The F150 Lariat interior blows away our Broncos for the same price. The Ram 1500 Laramie interior is absolutely stunning for about the same price. (Dad ended up ordering a ā€˜22 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Laramie last night) For starters, Iā€™d like to have memory seats/mirrors. Thatā€™s probably my biggest complaint with the Bronco. Leather or MGV, it should have memory. Why they canā€™t make a waterproof cover for the seat motor, I donā€™t know. The dash should also be covered in leather, or even the MGV šŸ¤”. (That would actually be awesome looking) Heck, maybe some soft materials on the doors. Which if youā€™ve shut your doors, you know they sound hollow and cheap. Yea, theyā€™re made lighter to be removed. But they could have done something to make them at least sound solid when you shut them. My SIL has a ā€˜21 Chevy Traverse. Thereā€™s more camera options in it then the Bronco. We donā€™t even have a plastic engine cover. Thereā€™s also no room in these things. Iā€™d love it if it was wider. Center console is tiny. And once you place your phone on the wireless charging pad, which, letā€™s be honest, barely works, thereā€™s no other place to put anything. There isnā€™t even a little cubby to put a key card. Sorry, but inside of these things just donā€™t warrant the price tag. Donā€™t get me wrong. I love our Bronco. Iā€™m even first on the list at my dealer for a Bronco Raptor and will absolutely be upgrading.

But big picture, Iā€™m driving a $60k vehicle that has manual vinyl seats, and plastic windows. Those three things alone donā€™t worry the $57,750 price tag. Just my .02Ā¢
See my post below. Also you are comparing vehicles designed to do totally different things. Try comparing apples to apples.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell them to F@#K off. What a bunch of aholes.
I about did. LOL. Told the sales guy they were crazy and that my Badlands Lux has the same options that the FE does except for the painted stuff and sticker down the side & hood. He told me no, the FE a higher trim. Which I agreed, it absolutely is. But we still have the same features. Thereā€™s nothing more special. There not special feature or option between the two. He didnā€™t understand that. He was only about the FE being the highest and most special Bronco. I told him ā€œItā€™s just a sticker and some painted pieces. But everything else is the same.ā€ He said I didnā€™t know what I was talking about and that ā€œhe knows more then me.ā€ He wasnā€™t getting what I was saying. I was about ready to call my wife and have her bring ours up to show him how dumb he was. But decided he was such an asshole, it wasnā€™t worth my time.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw a FE yesterday in NB.. just a short drive from HB.
We took ours out for a drive on Thanksgiving Day down to Newport Beach, Balboa Island and down to Laguna. The normal PCH drive. Even crossed the Balboa Island Ferry. Havenā€™t been across it in probably 20 years. The weather was perfect for a top down cruise
Ford Bronco HB Ford has 6 First Editions on lot w/ $50k ADM 7538AFBE-089E-4F54-A40F-9660C5CB7C81

I was born & raised in HB. (graduated from Edison) Parents still live there, so we came out from Phoenix for šŸ¦ƒ .