Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res).

Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.

FFD6CC0C-BB57-4004-AEE4-2CF409153197.jpeg

4D8AF684-3B01-4835-A458-BA4858B1106C.jpg

head on collision bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg
Wow so sorry for your bronco but glad your family is safe. Granbury is my neck of the woods too.
Sponsored

BtlBrnBrnc

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I salute you and your bronco. Glad you are ok!
Did you have crash avoidance and what did it do?

also… how about that hard top though.. ;)

BtlBrnBrnc

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably too late, but you should snag the roofline Accessory covers - like it popped off in the accident. People are losing those left and right. You can be a hero to someone.

1671209035464.png

Same with other easily removable components (like Fender Flares, etc.). Glad all are OK.
Maybe that hard top went missing in the crash 👀

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, the road at this point was on a hill, the thought of rolling with my kiddo in the back kept me from a dukes of hazard attempt.
Ok, thanks for the update.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Probably too late, but you should snag the roofline Accessory covers - like it popped off in the accident. People are losing those left and right. You can be a hero to someone.

1671209035464.png

Same with other easily removable components (like Fender Flares, etc.). Glad all are OK.
"Never let a crisis go to waste"? 😂

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am thankful that you and the family are safe. I am also thankful for your TREMENDOUS ATTITUDE. A great example for us all. A toast to you!

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad you and your little one are ok. It's sad that this had to happen. Thank God that the Bronco held up and protected you. I have lost faith in Ford with its poor decisions with the Bronco debacle going on. Ford should be shame about the whole rollout process of the new Bronco. At least their bronco is still built Ford Tough....

You do have a great attitude about this, more people should be like you.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad you and your little one are ok. What was the other vehicle? And if you get a chance post some pics of the damage in the daylight. Really hard to make out the extent of the damage with all the lights on it.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res).

Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.

FFD6CC0C-BB57-4004-AEE4-2CF409153197.jpeg

4D8AF684-3B01-4835-A458-BA4858B1106C.jpg

head on collision bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg
I'm glad everyone's okay. That could've been a lot worse.

Sponsored

OB1SMOKEY1

Wildtrak
First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Head on collision report - we walked away OK from our destroyed Bronco Badlands Sasquatch fa1db8ea-1452-4cb0-8ae5-c5af974b5479-meth21

Ford Bronco Head on collision report - we walked away OK from our destroyed Bronco Badlands Sasquatch fa1db8ea-1452-4cb0-8ae5-c5af974b5479-meth21

Happy to see you are ok!! Bronco can be replaced but you and your family cannot be. 🙏🏾

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Traumatic near miss. But prioritizing scavenging parts should be top of mind? SMH.
Sponsored