Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is one awesome rig!

1982-chevrolet-k30-rory-irish-105-1613177086.jpg

I especially like this quote from the article:

A difficult tow can run nearly $2000, but Irish is always willing to bargain. "I've been there, and I've dealt with these issues personally," he says. "I'm not going to prey on that."

I personally hope that if I see this guy on the trail he isn't coming for me, but if I was stuck, I could think of worse vehicles to show up and pull me out!

Also, I like his choice if T-case shifters:
1982-chevrolet-k30-rory-irish-108-1613177082.jpg

*Image credit goes to Car and Driver (just in case they have the same lawyers as BN)

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I met Rory in Moab in 2019. He fixed a fender for me! Couldn't of asked for a better person to help me out. Plus I think that fender will never come off again! Def cool place to check out when in Moab. Moab Motorsports!

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but while we are on the topic of badass off road recovery rigs, be sure to check out Matt's Off Road Recovery Corvair wagon build:

sddefault.jpg

I will also add that if anybody has never been to Moab/Arches/Canyonlands and is considering it, DO NOT HESITATE!

It is an incredible area and will change you forever once you have visited.

If you don't have an off road vehicle you will miss out on some great adventures, but don't let that stop you! You can still have a great time just driving around in a rental car and going on hikes.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not trying to hijack this thread but while we are on the topic of badass off road recovery rigs, be sure to check out Matt's Off Road Recovery Corvair wagon build:

Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back sddefault

I will also add that if anybody has never been to Moab/Arches/Canyonlands and is considering it, DO NOT HESITATE!

If you don't have an off road vehicle you will miss out on some great adventures, but don't let that stop you! You can still have a great time just driving around in a rental car and going on hikes.
I am on my way this September don’t forget the Grand Canyon

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those are some Expensive T-Case shifters

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are some Expensive T-Case shifters
Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back SmartSelect_20210214-130306_Chrome

Definitely not cheap, but if there is one thing worth getting from them, it's their wrenches. I've had mine for 17+ years and they perform like they are brand new.

I I'm no tool snob though... I keep them in a Harbor Freight tool chest right next to the chinesium stuff.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back SmartSelect_20210214-130306_Chrome

1st time we went we were towing a CRV, so we rented a Jeep for the week and had a blast. Can't wait to take the Bronco out there for a couple weeks.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st time we went we were towing a CRV, so we rented a Jeep for the week and had a blast. Can't wait to take the Bronco out there for a couple weeks.
We did something similar about 5 years ago.
Flew in to salt lake, drove to Moab, camped at Arches NP then rented a Jeep to head into Canyonlands NP.
The Jeep rental for 3 days costed more than our regular rental for 10 days, but it was so worth it. Can't wait to do it all over again in our Bronco.
Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back IMG_20160509_123339956
Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back IMG_20160509_200615769_HDR

After driving/camping with the Jeep we did some backpacking in the needles district of Canyonlands. Our campsite is towards the bottom of this picture:
Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back IMG_20160510_194039993_HDR

We love this area so much we'll be there for the 4th time next month!

Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Headed to Moab? Trail Mater has your back IMG_20160510_194039993_HDR

What are some good trails to drive on for beginners?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not cheap, but if there is one thing worth getting from them, it's their wrenches. I've had mine for 17+ years and they perform like they are brand new.

I I'm no tool snob though... I keep them in a Harbor Freight tool chest right next to the chinesium stuff.
I don’t wrench enough to justify the buy of Snap On. Most of my wrenching I’ve done with craftsman and harbor freight products, inside of my badass US General tool box. Actually, the only tool I’ve ever broke was a Kobalt breaker (Lowe’s brand) when I was trying to take the crank bolt off my old Honda Accord. Since it was the only tool I ever broke I said fuck it and I was going to buy a snap on breaker bar. My Buddy lent me his Husky bar and I bent it but got the crank loose. I took the Kobalt back due to lifetime warranty and they wouldn’t give me a store credit, only replaced it. Long story short I still have the replacement Kobalt, my Buddy kept his bent Husky (because it looks kinda cool) and I never bought the snap on 180 dollar breaker bar, but if I ever need to pull a crank bolt off a Honda again, I’m buying it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t wrench enough to justify the buy of Snap On. Most of my wrenching I’ve done with craftsman and harbor freight products, inside of my badass US General tool box. Actually, the only tool I’ve ever broke was a Kobalt breaker (Lowe’s brand) when I was trying to take the crank bolt off my old Honda Accord. Since it was the only tool I ever broke I said fuck it and I was going to buy a snap on breaker bar. My Buddy lent me his Husky bar and I bent it but got the crank loose. I took the Kobalt back due to lifetime warranty and they wouldn’t give me a store credit, only replaced it. Long story short I still have the replacement Kobalt, my Buddy kept his bent Husky (because it looks kinda cool) and I never bought the snap on 180 dollar breaker bar, but if I ever need to pull a crank bolt off a Honda again, I’m buying it.
Lots of auto parts stores, as well as hardware stores, have tool rental/borrow programs. For a tool you are going to use as infrequently - like for a crank bolt - you can just borrow/rent it. Typically the deposit is the purchase price. If in the end you decide you want to keep it, you're done. If you really only needed it for that one job take it back and get your deposit refunded. I used to do this with Autozone. They have a 90 day policy; return within 90 days and get the full deposit back. Ended up keeping the brake piston tool set as when I started doing more track days, and resulting rotor/pad replacements, it was just easier to have it on hand all the time.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a beautiful rig... especially in dually format.
Sponsored