First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting seeing this. I also have this same issue on my Black Diamond. Just today I came out of work at lunch, hit my remote unlock and the headlight came on with the parking lights. Later this evening I walked into the garage and there it sat with the headlights on (and my remotes were in the upstairs desk drawer). I've had this stuff happening for a while but it seems to be more frequent lately.
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's headlight concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My headlight stays on for 10 mins after I turn off the car. My driver side blinker is blinking rapidly but all lights work but the high beams. It did this for a while the stopped and started again.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My headlight stays on for 10 mins after I turn off the car. My driver side blinker is blinking rapidly but all lights work but the high beams. It did this for a while the stopped and started again.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its warranty we have to destroy the tops.
My local dealer warrantied a top and Ford didnt ask for it back. After sitting there for 3mo Ford told them to dispose of it. One of the managers sold it.

• Wow
Reactions: FRM

Sponsored

raptoid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has there been any more activity about switch issues? Seemed like Ford was jumping on this by responding here and I sent the requested info but when I contacted my dealer they had not heard anything about it and had no idea what I was talking about nor had they been contacted by Ford. Oh well, got to go out and check my lights.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Supposedly it was in October, so you pretty much are guaranteed it would be past that. So the question now is just how much past it. One would hope and the next 6 months, a year at the most.

Unlike all the other problems, this isn't quality issue but a design issue. So they have to re-engineer whatever is going on inside the switch.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has there been any more activity about switch issues? Seemed like Ford was jumping on this by responding here and I sent the requested info but when I contacted my dealer they had not heard anything about it and had no idea what I was talking about nor had they been contacted by Ford. Oh well, got to go out and check my lights.
Supposedly it was in October, so you pretty much are guaranteed it would be past that. So the question now is just how much past it. One would hope and the next 6 months, a year at the most.

Unlike all the other problems, this isn't quality issue but a design issue. So they have to re-engineer whatever is going on inside the switch.
New SSM was released today for this issue.

SSM 51166 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. To correct this condition, replace the headlamp switch (service base PN: 11654). Refer Workshop Manual, Section 417-01.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New SSM was released today for this issue.

SSM 51166 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. To correct this condition, replace the headlamp switch (service base PN: 11654). Refer Workshop Manual, Section 417-01.

Nice! So this is a newly designed part correct?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! So this is a newly designed part correct?
it should be, yes. Unfortunately they don’t tell us what was changed or fixed about it. They just say if you have this issue, replace it

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it should be, yes. Unfortunately they don’t tell us what was changed or fixed about it. They just say if you have this issue, replace it
Sweet. I can't believe Ford met their deadline.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet. I can't believe Ford met their deadline.
I just double checked, and the part number for the headlight switch for my VIN has been superseded to a new number, so it looks as if the whole switch has been updated.

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have the headlight issue with my Badlands

randysandow

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just double checked, and the part number for the headlight switch for my VIN has been superseded to a new number, so it looks as if the whole switch has been updated.
Can you please post the part number of the new part? The number I currently have is M2DZ11654GB. Do any of you know if this is the superceding part number or the number of the old switch?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you please post the part number of the new part? The number I currently have is M2DZ11654GB. Do any of you know if this is the superceding part number or the number of the old switch?
There are multiple different switches for different models. If you message me your VIN I can tell you the latest part number for your bronco.
Sponsored