BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know several people who did this with other vehicles and they all had problems resealing. Take your time with it would be my advice.
Fair enough. In Canada the market is too 🔥 for that. I got 3k less for my truck than I bought it for 4 years earlier, and my headlights were painted, Klearz, halos, etc. Pre-covid market yes, I would have got rinsed doing that to my headlights. I could probably resell my Bronco with no headlights for more than what I paid. Dealer lots here are bare.
Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair enough. In Canada the market is too 🔥 for that. I got 3k less for my truck than I bought it for 4 years earlier, and my headlights were painted, Klearz, halos, etc. Pre-covid market yes, I would have got rinsed doing that to my headlights. I could probably resell my Bronco with no headlights for more than what I paid. Dealer lots here are bare.
I think you’re confusing resealing with reselling.

And you need to try and remember this forum is a true enthusiast forum, most are buying a Bronco for its intended design, to wheel it hard. So when they see people doing funky headlights, 20” wheels, lowering, anything that really doesn’t serve a purpose to improve its off-road abilities they lash out. Tacoma forums are quite similar. And you need to realize there are people that have been here since 2015 and still waiting on their Bronco, some might be a little salty that you walked in off the street and bought what they’ve been waiting a long time for, and then they see you doing things like this.

Just try not to take it too personal. Do you’re thing, share it if you like, but when you ask for peoples opinions don’t be shocked to get a lot of negativity.

OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you’re confusing resealing with reselling.

And you need to try and remember this forum is a true enthusiast forum, most are buying a Bronco for its intended design, to wheel it hard. So when they see people doing funky headlights, 20” wheels, lowering, anything that really doesn’t serve a purpose to improve its off-road abilities they lash out. Tacoma forums are quite similar. And you need to realize there are people that have been here since 2015 and still waiting on their Bronco, some might be a little salty that you walked in off the street and bought what they’ve been waiting a long time for, and then they see you doing things like this.

Just try not to take it too personal. Do you’re thing, share it if you like, but when you ask for peoples opinions don’t be shocked to get a lot of negativity.
Oops you're right, I misread that. Ya I know from experience resealing can be a pita.

As far as the rest- It's not my fault Canadians can walk to any lot and buy a Bronco mrsp without a reservation. I wish everyone could be able to do that. If I'm not an enthusiast, then that disqualifies anyone on this forum who uses the Bronco as a daily. I'd say almost no mods I've seen on here actively improve offroad performance- new rims, side steps, audio, trim pieces, light pods, etc- none of it is really anymore offroad functional than amber DRL headlights. And idk where everyone got 20" wheels and 'angry grills' from? Lol I have no interest in that. Simply amber DRLs.

I get it- noone likes the idea- except when it's stock on a Raptor- then everyone loves it. Cause if it's stock- it's enthusiast. Got it đź‘Ť

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oops you're right, I misread that. Ya I know from experience resealing can be a pita.

As far as the rest- It's not my fault Canadians can walk to any lot and buy a Bronco mrsp without a reservation. I wish everyone could be able to do that. If I'm not an enthusiast, then that disqualifies anyone on this forum who uses the Bronco as a daily. I'd say almost no mods I've seen on here actively improve offroad performance- new rims, side steps, audio, trim pieces, light pods, etc- none of it is really anymore offroad functional than amber DRL headlights. And idk where everyone got 20" wheels and 'angry grills' from? Lol I have no interest in that. Simply amber DRLs.

I get it- noone likes the idea- except when it's stock on a Raptor- then everyone loves it. Cause if it's stock- it's enthusiast. Got it đź‘Ť
As a fellow Canadian I can fucking assure you I can’t walk onto a lot and buy a Bronco at MSRP, hell I had to go to the Moab Off-rodeo just to test drive one. Rims, sliders (not to be confused with side steps) and light pods can certainly improve off-road performance.

Anyway, maybe you’re right, maybe this just isn’t the place for you.

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the criticism that's why I posted the forum. Basically has anyone retrofitted the lights- should I do it- yay or nay kinda thing.

Seems people on this forum tend to throw in a dig everytime they criticise though. You compared my headlights to a guy hammering holes into the body of his vehicle lollll like those were a lot of work so that's pretty insulting tbh. You can hate things without being totally rude about it. I'm good with the honest criticism and even the little rude digs, but I'll give it right back. Lots of bullies on my introduction forum and this one ✌
People are so rude on this forum. I’m really sorry. I wish people could just be nice and respect that people have different taste. There isn’t one right way to mod your bronco. Feels like we’re in kindergarten again…

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think you’re trolling. You had some whacky bizarre pics of crazy clown show lights, and now you took them down and are pretending you were just talking about modest amber. Those lights you have were absolutely in the same ballpark as angry grills and 22s…maybe worse…that’s why you say that clown car Silverado brodozer turns heads. So do train wrecks.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do new rims improve forward visibility? Tint? No- then why do ppl do any mods, if according to you, it doesn't improve forward visibility? Is it possible there are just aesthetic mods people do on vehicles?

I honestly don't get your problem. You don't want colored headlights? Cool. I was mostly wondering about the idea for being able to run the DRLs in amber. Another guy on here said the idea of amber DRLs was an abomination until someone posted a pic of the new Raptor with amber DRLs- then he said it looks pretty good...

Either way, you can love em or hate it, everyone's got their own thing. I just don't get why you're so rude about my custom headlights. They aren't the point - just an example. I didn't know the new Raptor had amber DRLs- I would have posted a pic of that maybe instead of my headlights. Guaranteed would have had a way more positive reaction even though that's all I was ever suggesting. Peace and nice rig.
That somebody was me and I’ve always thought the amber DRL’s look okay…..not as good as stock IMO , but pretty good. The abomination I was referring to was that multicolored clown car you call a Silverado….and any interpretation of a Bronco that included your circus mobile is not only an abomination but would probably trigger an epileptic seizure in those children you say line the streets cheering you like a celebrity when you drive by…..like anyone believed that.
Besides, you said the reason you created this thread was because you like the criticism…..like some headlight fetish masochistic……..anyways, said you were deleting your account. Why are you still here?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fellow Canadian I can fucking assure you I can’t walk onto a lot and buy a Bronco at MSRP, hell I had to go to the Moab Off-rodeo just to test drive one. Rims, sliders (not to be confused with side steps) and light pods can certainly improve off-road performance.

Anyway, maybe you’re right, maybe this just isn’t the place for you.
This is in stock 15 minutes from me- i'm in rural Ontario. Before yesterday there was 3 in stock all week- all selling for listed mrsp. I also walked onto a lot and got mine mrsp. So it's possible is all I'm saying. Cheers

https://www.dupuisford.com/new/new-vehicle-inventory.html?reset=1&conditions=new&models=bronco

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People are so rude on this forum. I’m really sorry. I wish people could just be nice and respect that people have different taste. There isn’t one right way to mod your bronco. Feels like we’re in kindergarten again…
He literally said he created the thread because he likes the criticism. He originally posted the thread with pictures of a Silverado with enough neon colored lights to make Billy Bob’s honky tonk in Fort Worth jealous, then took those pictures down and is now trying to claim he was only talking about amber DRL’s. He’s just trolling everyone and keeps posting lies in order to get a rise out of people. It’s what he’s here for and I’m a little bit ashamed that he reeled me in, but there’s no need to come to his defense.

OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you’re trolling. You had some whacky bizarre pics of crazy clown show lights, and now you took them down and are pretending you were just talking about modest amber. Those lights you have were absolutely in the same ballpark as angry grills and 22s…maybe worse…that’s why you say that clown car Silverado brodozer turns heads. So do train wrecks.
"Whacky bizarre clown show lights" exactly why I took my pics down 🙄- I only posted them as a retrofitted headlight example. Again, I was mainly interested in an amber DRL and whether anyone has custom painted the inside of their headlight. Assume whatever you want ✌

Sponsored

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He literally said he created the thread because he likes the criticism. He originally posted the thread with pictures of a Silverado with enough neon colored lights to make Billy Bob’s honky tonk in Fort Worth jealous, then took those pictures down and is now trying to claim he was only talking about amber DRL’s. He’s just trolling everyone and keeps posting lies in order to get a rise out of people. It’s what he’s here for and I’m a little bit ashamed that he reeled me in, but there’s no need to come to his defense.
People are still rude af on this forum. This isn’t the only thread. This will be my first 4WD vehicle and it’s all new to me. It will be my daily driver and I don’t plan on going off-road more than a few times a year, and people are rude about that too.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should delete this whole thread. If the OP can’t stand by his first post then what is the point of continuing?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People are still rude af on this forum. This isn’t the only thread. This will be my first 4WD vehicle and it’s all new to me. It will be my daily driver and I don’t plan on going off-road more than a few times a year, and people are rude about that too.
Concur. This is a forum that is representative of the society we live in……and some are rude. There are also liars, sinners, saints and poets. It’s not an echo chamber of groupthink. You just can’t take it personal. I switched from a Badlands to a Wildtrak for just the reason you mentioned and no one has made a disparaging comment to me about it. And if they did, I wouldn’t give a rip. Like broncothunder people can spend their own money and do what they like with their rig.

OP
OP
BroncoThunder

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread needs less text and more pictures.
Summary in case you missed it- I wanted know if anyone has split the Bronco lights for painting or running different DRLs. Here's what I posted as an example- my truck headlights- versus what I should've posted- an example of amber DRL raptor. The general consensus so far is my truck headlights are straight garbage and I'm a clown for even considering modding my Bronco's DRLs.

2021-12-17__21.58.50.jpeg

IMG_20201203_155502_245.jpg

2021-12-19__14.30.13.jpeg

ford-bronco-raptor-lightly-camouflaged-spy-shots.jpg
Sponsored