First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Experiencing the same issues as y'all. 22 base W/ Sasquatch. Picked up last week 5/24. Getting the "hey, you left you lights on" from folks. They randomly turn on in my driveway. Example - got some thing out of my truck this morning, went to the passenger side to do it, closed the door lights shut off, came back out 10 min later and parking lights are on and the light chime dinging when I opened the door. Thought I was going nutty.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Experiencing the same issues as y'all. 22 base W/ Sasquatch. Picked up last week 5/24. Getting the "hey, you left you lights on" from folks. They randomly turn on in my driveway. Example - got some thing out of my truck this morning, went to the passenger side to do it, closed the door lights shut off, came back out 10 min later and parking lights are on and the light chime dinging when I opened the door. Thought I was going nutty.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this headlights concern. Thanks!

espeefreeboardr

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been in and out of the service department multiple times for this now. Had the headlight switch and security module replaced and its still happening.

Bronco4meplz

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mercedes diesels
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up my base last Thursday and it’s done it almost daily. Seems to occur after I get back into to it after it’s been parked for a while (30min-few hours). Also seems to occur in low light conditions such as over overcast, dusk or night. I’ll take it back to the dealer next week to get the process started.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10pm tonight and my ‘21 Badlands/Lux headlights just randomly turned on.

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the dealership told me that I was getting low battery voltage (deep sleep) alerts and headlights automatically turning on because of the wiring I installed behind the glovebox. I said "you installed that". So they disconnected the Ford Perimeter Plus Security System because they said it was causing a lot of network errors. They asked me to take it home and see if I continue to get alerts and/or automatic headlights.

Anyone else running their Security System?

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not have the security system. I do have phantom lights, unless I manually switch to “off” before shutdown.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do not have the security system. I do have phantom lights, unless I manually switch to “off” before shutdown.
Just picked mine up from the dealer. Said it might be the aftermarket trailer wiring - told them it was happening before I installed it. Then said it may have to do with having my phone hooked in through the Ford Pass app, which I am more inclined to believe there is a bug in that system.

Also while there had door window rattle fixed. Apparently there is a service bulletin out on it and they fixed per the bulletin instructions. If windows are part way down and you hit a bump they smash something and make an awful racket. Nailed some manholes and shitty roadwork on the way home and no more racket.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the dealership told me that I was getting low battery voltage (deep sleep) alerts and headlights automatically turning on because of the wiring I installed behind the glovebox. I said "you installed that". So they disconnected the Ford Perimeter Plus Security System because they said it was causing a lot of network errors. They asked me to take it home and see if I continue to get alerts and/or automatic headlights.

Anyone else running their Security System?
I bought it with ford points but have not had it installed yet. The last two days, everytime I get back in the truck, the chimes are going off and the switch is blank. I spoke to the dealership who wants to keep it for at least half a day to troubleshoot. For now, I'll just live with it but am seriously considering returning the security harness after reading this.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess, based on comments here and the way people become aware of the problem, is this is very common. Most people don’t realize their vehicle is even doing it as it happens an hour or so after they shut it off. I wouldn’t have known, if it didn’t happen three weeks in a row, just as I came out of church. That’s when I started turning the switch to off before shutting down. I will try unlinking the Ford Pass App to see if that changes the situation. I think it’s a software issue and perhaps it’s linked to the app. Hmmm.

Sponsored

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unlinking Ford Pass app didn't solve the issue. Here we go!🤦🏽‍♂️

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Called my dealer today about bringing my bronco in for the window rattle, they said Ford will have a fix for the headlamp switch, but not until October.

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Called my dealer today about bringing my bronco in for the window rattle, they said Ford will have a fix for the headlamp switch, but not until October.
This is concerning as someone who's bronco is on dirt mountain because of this issue 😭

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is concerning as someone who's bronco is on dirt mountain because of this issue 😭
Ford told you why your Bronco was sitting on Dirt Mountain? Why would they release some into the wild and keep others with the same issue.

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford told you why your Bronco was sitting on Dirt Mountain? Why would they release some into the wild and keep others with the same issue.
Ford hasn't told me anything useful. I have a friend that works at MAP and they were able to look up my vin for me.

Edit to add: I've been in production for 7 weeks now. Blend date was 4/12.
Sponsored