Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

10pm tonight and my ‘21 Badlands/Lux headlights just randomly turned on.
WTFREAKIN'F???? Thanks for concrete visual evidence. No wonder folks are going out to dead batteries.
Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone get this issue fixed? Mine are also randomly turning on and off

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone get this issue fixed? Mine are also randomly turning on and off
@fordmotorcompany will get you a case # assigned and tell you to take it to a dealer...but it doesn't sound like any dealer has come up with a concrete fix yet. I received a case # in a voicemail about 3 wks ago, called my case worker back and still no callback from them

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@fordmotorcompany will get you a case # assigned and tell you to take it to a dealer...but it doesn't sound like any dealer has come up with a concrete fix yet. I received a case # in a voicemail about 3 wks ago, called my case worker back and still no callback from them
Wow. My case worker has called me twice (door chipping paint) and I haven't even dropped the vehicle off yet. Scheduled for Wed morning.

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. Mines going in for a few things, guess I'll add this to the list. I might leave mine in the driveway a few days and try and get a video too. I feel like they won't really take me serious if I say it's turning the lights on by itself.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As reported elsewhere on B6G, It is a known problem and Ford is redesigning the switch. The replacement switches may be available in October. It is suggested that you go to the dealer and get in the system so that there is a ticket started on the issue and you will be in the que.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine started doing this about a week ago. I haven't witnessed the headlights on when I come back to my truck, but when I open the door the headlight chime is going and the switch is completely dark. Once I fiddle with the knob for a bit the chime stops and it lights back up. I assume the lights were on long enough that the truck's computer shut them off.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTFREAKIN'F???? Thanks for concrete visual evidence. No wonder folks are going out to dead batteries.
I finally peaked at this thread because I couldn't understand how it could have so many responses...seeing that video was down right freaky!

Makes me think there is some 12 years old somewhere hacking Fords software and turning peoples lights on.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally peaked at this thread because I couldn't understand how it could have so many responses...seeing that video was down right freaky!

Makes me think there is some 12 years old somewhere hacking Fords software and turning peoples lights on.
BEST. ANSWER. YET.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just seeing this thread and my 22 Base is doing it too. I thought it was me and the switch left in the auto position at first. It does it in any position and explains why the chimes come on when I open the door with everything off- it's because the lights are on. And in my garage the lights just randomly turn on. Crazy weird problem. Why can't it be just a simple switch, on and off like I had in my 1970 and 71 Bronco? Too much modern tech, software, etc. going on, LOL.

LegacyHunter

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This happened to me last night. Sitting in a restaurant and look out the window and the headlights are on. Put the truck in acc mode and none of the indicator lights are lit up on the headlight selector. Turned the dial a couple times til it lit up. Turned the selector to off and the headlights finally turned off. Interestingly when I got back in the truck an hour later to leave the headlights turned on when I press the start button and the selector was on auto! Seems to have a mind of its own. Any solutions out there yet?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This happened to me last night. Sitting in a restaurant and look out the window and the headlights are on. Put the truck in acc mode and none of the indicator lights are lit up on the headlight selector. Turned the dial a couple times til it lit up. Turned the selector to off and the headlights finally turned off. Interestingly when I got back in the truck an hour later to leave the headlights turned on when I press the start button and the selector was on auto! Seems to have a mind of its own. Any solutions out there yet?
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

RobNJ

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this headlights concern. Thanks!
I have this same issue. How can I get this resolved?

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm having the same issue. I did try the suggestion to turn off the lights, then turn off the ignition but it happened again. It does seam to happen about an hour after it's parked. I am able to sit in my office and have the Bronco right outside my window. I've had it for about 6 weeks and the light thing has happened about 10 times. Once I didn't go out and physically turn them off. They turned off after 10 minutes. I also got the door bing indicating the Bronco thinks the lights are one. I even turned off my updates to see if that effected it. I hope Ford figures this out soon.
Sponsored