Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just ordered mine from Tasca Parts today. I will let you all know if it cancels due to being unavailable.
Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, it cancelled today with Tasca Parts due to lack of availability.
:rolleyes:

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had mine replaced this morning and so far so good.

OP
OP
MinxShoals

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
This switch is not easy to find right now that's for sure. I emailed a couple dozen online dealers and was finally able to find one.

Today was the first day since I took delivery of my Bronco in Oct 2021 that the lights didn't turn on by themselves.

I'll give it a few more days until I mark this as resolved.

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called my dealer last Thursday to report this problem. They ordered the part , replaced it and cleared the code yesterday morn (Monday). That was fast. Then I showed them the cracks starting in my hard top and started a ticket with Ford. Then I went to safelite to get my cracked windshield replaced. It was a busy day.

Sponsored

randysandow

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for providing the switch part number. I just ordered one myself. The time and patience it would have taken to get this resolved at the dealer just wasn't worth it.

I ordered it from Quirk Parts for $75 shipped.
This may sound crazy, but did the new headlight switch have an effect on the pre collision assist chiming a warning when you get too close to a car? Mine seemed to stop doing it after I got the new switch; yet it did chime a number of times on my way to the dealer today, on the congested hwy.

OP
OP
MinxShoals

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
This may sound crazy, but did the new headlight switch have an effect on the pre collision assist chiming a warning when you get too close to a car? Mine seemed to stop doing it after I got the new switch; yet it did chime a number of times on my way to the dealer today, on the congested hwy.
No. There has not been any noticable change in pre-collision warnings.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My local dealership installed a replacement switch a couple of weeks ago, looking good so far (m/t Big Bend).

Now on to the next issue: a new TSB 22-2371 that impacts the m/t.

ncdavid

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am experiencing a strange behavior with my headlights.

When I set the dial to off, turn off the ignition, exit the vehicle and lock it, upon returning, the dial is set to auto. Video attached.

I have found my headlights on a few times when parked. In those cases, the dial was definitely set by me to the off position, but I found it changed to the on position.

In addition, sometimes when turning on the vehicle and driving, I have noticed there is no indicator illuminating at all, with nothing lit. Turning the dial "wakes it up".

Has anyone experienced these things? Possible bad switch or programming bug/failure?

EDIT 12/19/22: FIXED
Note: Video below does not correctly demonstrate the issue. This is the default behavior, but can be changed in Forscan to default to last used setting, rather than auto mode.

Issue: Headlamp switch becomes unresponsive ~70 minutes after turning vehicle off. Headlamps then turn on by themselves for approximately 10 minutes. Vehicle then activates power save mode and headlamps turn off. Headlamp switch remains unresponsive until rotating the dial 2-3 times.

Cause: Bad headlamp switch.

Solution: A new headlamp switch was released by Ford to address this issue.
Replacement switch part # (No Fog Lights): M2DZ-11654-GC

Reference: SSM 51166 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. To correct this condition, replace the headlamp switch (service base PN: 11654). Refer Workshop Manual, Section 417-01.

Having exactly this problem, thanks, this helped with the call to my dealer.

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My replacement switch finally arrived after a long back order wait. The order was Ford part number M2DZ-11654-GC.

I performed the swap myself and it was really easy. I used a couple of flat plastic trim tools to pry off the upper left portion of the panel first. Next, I pulled the rest of the top of the panel off. It hinges at the bottom. The switch pops off easily and the connector is also easy to remove. After connecting and installing the new part simply lift trim panel into place and push to engage clips. Done.

A road test showed no uncommanded light mode changes (other than the ”normal?” default to auto after start). Now I have to see if my wife or daughter occasionally tell me “your Bronco lights are on!”. Usually after I have my jammies on and it’s raining.

Ford Bronco FIXED: Headlights turning on when switched off F4C2902C-9305-4DA2-8539-381605DD4311

Ford Bronco FIXED: Headlights turning on when switched off 7AC90DE4-525D-4F7E-845D-28C84886AC4E

Ford Bronco FIXED: Headlights turning on when switched off BB905866-4523-4D71-990B-AE5122BD6769

Last edited:

Sponsored

Little Zoo 55

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My headlights have been coming on themselves since I got it last April. Dealer ordered me a new switch 2 months ago, it's still not in.

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good call. I had my "case" opened by @fordmotorcompany almost 6 mos ago and still had to haul it into my dealer for an obd scan. I even asked to preorder the switch to have it hand. Now the switch is reportedly on national backorder and I have to haul it back. They also claimed they have to 'program' it when it comes in. Sounds like bs, and they suggested I put the battery on a maintain charger until it can finally come in.

On a positive note, my 20k fordpass points showed up this week, 9 mos after purchase ;)
Um, it should have been 42K (vehicle purchase) + the "bonus" 20K (Bronco reservation thank you).

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
My replacement switch finally arrived after a long back order wait. The order was Ford part number M2DZ-11654-GC.

I performed the swap myself and it was really easy. I used a couple of flat plastic trim tools to pry off the upper left portion of the panel first. Next, I pulled the rest of the top of the panel off. It hinges at the bottom. The switch pops off easily and the connector is also easy to remove. After connecting and installing the new part simply lift trim panel into place and push to engage clips. Done.

A road test showed no uncommanded light mode changes (other than the ”normal?” default to auto after start). Now I have to see if my wife or daughter occasionally tell me “your Bronco lights are on!”. Usually after I have my jammies on and it’s raining.

F4C2902C-9305-4DA2-8539-381605DD4311.jpeg

7AC90DE4-525D-4F7E-845D-28C84886AC4E.jpeg

BB905866-4523-4D71-990B-AE5122BD6769.jpeg
Gonna do this tomorrow. Ican't get hold of local dealer so i Ordered a switch from Ruxer, got it in 3 days.
Switches are in stock now

I started parking back downtown for work in the parking garage, so it is time I got this sorted

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost 3 months since switch module swapped and no issues whatsoever!
I wanted to bump this thread in case anyone else is having this problem.
I've had my Bronco just over a year and noticed the lights staying on, when in Auto Mode, a number of times and it is doing it more frequent.
The lights on chime will chime when you open the door. It acts like you left the lights on but the switch is in Auto.
I turn the switch to off and than back to Auto and all is good until it does it again.
I guess it's time to contact my dealer.
I hated to do it earlier because I made a bunch of Forscan changes and thought they might try to blame me.
Sponsored