Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For knowing some of your story for well over a year now, despite the circumstances of it all, I’m glad you finally have the “finished” project in your hands. It looks great and I hope you and your wife get a great deal of enjoyment from it (Not to mention your mission of helping others is great.) I know we’re in different parts of Texas but I’ll be sure to track you down if I ever see that Bronco out and about!
It helps me cope. I think so often he and I are doing it together. It's why the build will never be complete. I pray I never run out of modifications on it. ❤

Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you for sharing your story and build with us Bill. May the Bronco bring you years of fond new memories derived from memories of your son. 💜
This was especially touching.

4896.jpg

We're so glad that Bronco6G has brought you some distraction and joy.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to cope with the loss of our son June 14, 2020 and maybe helping others along the way. First, this is not my Bronco, it's my son's. He was waiting to purchase one as soon as they were available. His Great Dane had turned 1 and was quickly out growing his Challenger. We lost him a month before reservations went live.

He had fought depression and suicidal thoughts, although you would have never had know. Well liked by everyone and he made everyone feel like his friend. Like they say, his smile could light up a room. 4 year varsity wrestler and captain his senior year. Spent a year in a half at the University of Arkansas (WPS) where he loved Fayetteville. Things took a turn for the worse mentally however and we had to bring him home for fear of him harming himself. A parents worst nightmare. After primary care doctor, endocrinologist, neurologist, sleep study, psychiatrist; we thought it was handled. But a week before he passed, we found him in the driveway pacing and crying. Said he was having a panic attack and it was the fourth one that day. We asked to take him to the emergency room, but he said no that they would admit him. We didn't understand what he was talking about. He agreed to take his blood pressure and if it was elevated then he would go. His blood pressure was fine... He said he's getting better and can handle it. A week later at the age of 21, he took his life. We found out later through one of his friend he had mentioned hearing voices. We've been absolutely devastated.

When Ford reservations went live, I was on my phone around 2am as I had been since his passing. I had never thought about reserving a Bronco until that moment. It's been a blessing as I've been able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. Building and rebuilding. Communicating on this forum and learning so much. Planning modifications that will span years as if Connor and I are doing it together. I've even decided to document the work and our travels. Heal'n thru Wheel'n came to me as away to maybe help others in a similar situation. If we can find a way to cope; then maybe others will see that while you never recover, you can live by coping.

We've been without our Buddy for the past 3 weeks as it's been getting fixed up for it's role in helping overcome tragedy. We wanted something that is recognizable as we travel the country and ride trails. Something that can help tell the story. We decided to use Ford's 4600 Bronco as inspiration. Made a few changes where we felt carbon fiber might be a nice transition. Added some PPF to offer a bit more protection. Ceramic glaze to make cleaning a bit easier. A few Easter eggs of our own to represent Connor.

Hope to see some of you around. If you recognize it out on a trail or getting gas, please say hello. It would mean the world to us to meet you. If you want to follow the new page feel free to. It's https://www.facebook.com/healn.thru.wheeln. The Youtube page will be started as soon as I get the interview from us getting Buddy wrapped explaining what it all means. In the mean time, those still waiting; I understand it's tough. I was one of you, and it's totally worth it.

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

Ford has red R for Racing, we decided to red out the C for Connor.

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

Carbon fiber for a beefy protected look.

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

Powder coated beauty rings and racing profile.

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Bri laying with her Daddy's rig.

Just hope we can bring hope and healing for others as we try to do the same for ourselves. Thank you @Ford Motor Company and Bronco6g. Looking forward to many travels and meeting everyone we can.

Bill
I am so sorry for your loss. Having two boys of my own 14 and 17 this hits hard at home. God bless you and your family.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing your story. Here to support you.

Sponsored

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sorry for your loss. This struggle is real and it is important for your son's legacy to share and get this message. This is a great way to get the message out.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great project and I admire your strength. Years ago, I purchased a '91 Bronco with plans to restore it to match the '91 I owned in high school and college (profile pic) and use it as a weekend toy, eventually passing it on to my kids once they hit driving age. A few months in, my 16 month old was diagnosed with an extremely rare and aggressive form of brain cancer that was basically untreatable. 56 days later, he passed. I didn't have the heart to continue with the build and wound up giving the Bronco to my best friend, who recently finished it up for his son to drive. I love seeing it around town and sometimes wish I would have stuck with it. Yesterday marked 8 years since my son's death and my oldest is only a few years away from driving. It would have made a great vehicle for a 16yo - I know I loved my original '91.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm so sorry for your loss. As a father, I can't fathom losing a child of any age. I hope that your son's Bronco provides memories that bring you joy, and help you heal as best as one can over time.
Sponsored