First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed my order yesterday to include the LUX package as the wife wants the heated wheel, I couldn't believe I had to add the whole LUX pachage but oh well. Anyway my dealer called me back and told me Bronco Sports are coming into their dealership without it but still have LUX. They also said they received some information from Ford this might also happen with the Bronco.

Anybody else hear this or see any LUX packages coming in recently without the heated wheel?

I will not be happy if I get the LUX without the Heated Wheel as it's the only part of the package I want!
Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have heard this, but nothing confirmed; only rumors. I am sure Ford will make it right once the parts become available, if that's even the case at all.

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed my order yesterday to include the LUX package as the wife wants the heated wheel, I couldn't believe I had to add the whole LUX pachage but oh well. Anyway my dealer called me back and told me Bronco Sports are coming into their dealership without it but still have LUX. They also said they received some information from Ford this might also happen with the Bronco.

Anybody else hear this or see any LUX packages coming in recently without the heated wheel?

I will not be happy if I get the LUX without the Heated Wheel as it's the only part of the package I want!
Although it’s still too early for 2023 first hand Bronco reports, multiple auto outlets have quoted Ford saying that they will not produce any vehicles in 2023 with heated steering wheels.

My 2023 high optioned (402a) F150 Tremor, with a window sticker over 70k, was built last Monday without the heated steering wheel, auto start-stop and a partial delete of one of the alarm functions.

On the bright side Ford credits you like 100.00 bucks.
Wahoo .

Daniel

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although it’s still too early for 2023 first hand Bronco reports, multiple auto outlets have quoted Ford saying that they will not produce any vehicles in 2023 with heated steering wheels.

My 2023 high optioned (402a) F150 Tremor, with a window sticker over 70k, was built last Monday without the heated steering wheel, auto start-stop and a partial delete of one of the alarm functions.

On the bright side Ford credits you like 100.00 bucks.
Wahoo .

Daniel
That is exactly what I'm worried about, when did you find out you were missing stuff and did you have time to make changes?
I have heard this, but nothing confirmed; only rumors. I am sure Ford will make it right once the parts become available, if that's even the case at all.
Are you saying if it comes without the heated wheel Ford will eventually put it in? My dealer made it sound like I was simply SOL.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is exactly what I'm worried about, when did you find out you were missing stuff and did you have time to make changes?

Are you saying if it comes without the heated wheel Ford will eventually put it in? My dealer made it sound like I was simply SOL.
No. My response is purely speculative. We will see. Same boat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thus far Ford hasn't announced the heated steering removal for the Bronco (they have on several other vehicles). There are two options they have announced:
  • Navigation Removal
  • Side mirror heated glass removal
Thus far those removals have not impacted retail orders, only stock/fleet orders. But ya know... things can change.

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I contacted my dealer a couple of times after reading early reports that Ford was deleting heated steering and heated mirrors. The dealer said they were hearing rumors but let’s wait and see.
Someone clued Ford into the fact that heated mirrors was a safety concern in cold climates compelling them to rectify that almost immediately.

Then I read about a function of the vehicle alarm system that senses the vehicle being tipped up/down being deleted on the 2023 F150 builds.

Ford gave me zero warning, when the window sticker showed up on the “track your vehicle” link was the first notice I received on missing options.

Sad reality is that Ford gives zero f%$ks about what we think.

I would be shocked if they built the systems in to be retrofitted later.

Daniel

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I contacted my dealer a couple of times after reading early reports that Ford was deleting heated steering and heated mirrors. The dealer said they were hearing rumors but let’s wait and see.
Someone clued Ford into the fact that heated mirrors was a safety concern in cold climates compelling them to rectify that almost immediately.

Then I read about a function of the vehicle alarm system that senses the vehicle being tipped up/down being deleted on the 2023 F150 builds.

Ford gave me zero warning, when the window sticker showed up on the “track your vehicle” link was the first notice I received on missing options.

Sad reality is that Ford gives zero f%$ks about what we think.

I would be shocked if they built the systems in to be retrofitted later.

Daniel
Well thats kind of what I thought would happen and what my dealer said, it would be too late.

I would agree probably not a retrofit deal either, I bet it's a totally different wheel.

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
2023 F150 production is about 2 months ahead of 2023 Bronco production so I feel like watching what happens with the F150s is a good indicator of what happens next with the Broncos.

Some already built but awaiting shipment F150 folks are reporting Ford quietly holding vehicles with the upgraded B&O unleashed sound system, which I also have.

Shipping on the F150s is also a disaster with some people waiting 80-90 days to even get into the ‘shipped‘ status.

I lurk on both forums daily.

I also have a production date scheduled for a Bronco but it’s a 2dr Base Sas with minimal creature comforts so Ford would be hard pressed to chip me down.

Daniel

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thus far Ford hasn't announced the heated steering removal for the Bronco (they have on several other vehicles). There are two options they have announced:
  • Navigation Removal
  • Side mirror heated glass removal
Thus far those removals have not impacted retail orders, only stock/fleet orders. But ya know... things can change.
Heated side mirror delete would be a huge delete for me. I personally hate heated steering wheels but my wife borderline needs it due to raynaud’s syndrome that causes her fingers to go numb when it’s cold. I stupidly somehow thought all the bs was behind us.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
2023 F150 production is about 2 months ahead of 2023 Bronco production so I feel like watching what happens with the F150s is a good indicator of what happens next with the Broncos.

Some already built but awaiting shipment F150 folks are reporting Ford quietly holding vehicles with the upgraded B&O unleashed sound system, which I also have.

Shipping on the F150s is also a disaster with some people waiting 80-90 days to even get into the ‘shipped‘ status.

I lurk on both forums daily.

I also have a production date scheduled for a Bronco but it’s a 2dr Base Sas with minimal creature comforts so Ford would be hard pressed to chip me down.

Daniel
I have a 2 dr date week as well 1/16 but like you it's a Base, this is for the wife 4 dr OB LUX so lots of chips!

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Heated side mirror delete would be a huge delete for me. I personally hate heated steering wheels but my wife borderline needs it due to raynaud’s syndrome that causes her fingers to go numb when it’s cold. I stupidly somehow thought all the bs was behind us.
I hear you loud and clear on this one. Ford still making me feel like a sucker.

Kept my order in 99 status for as long as possible, mostly ignored the forums and got on with life.

Once I realized that the F150 was the better option for a cross-country-travel-do-all-adventure vehicle , I felt unburdened and stopped trying to build n price the perfect all around 4-Dr Bronco. Without that self-imposed pressure, a 2 door Sasquatched Base became the obvious choice.

As a future consideration for an upgraded wheel, my girlfriend has become enamored with the heated wheel in our Bronco Sport. The base Bronco wheel is pretty poor quality. I have seen other people buy an extra Ford base wheel (279.00 ?)and send it off for a custom leather rebuild. Since the wheel is how you continuously interact with the vehicle it seems like a worthwhile upgrade. Maybe heat can be added for your wife ?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum has a way of making me cranky. My build date is in a week. I should be excited.
Heh, I hear that.

As I said these deletes only impact stock orders right now, so if your build date is in a week you should be good to go.
Sponsored