Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel deletes

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to say my heated steering wheel is great and the heated steering wheel in my wifes Bronco Sport is pretty darn good as well. The seats, good lord I think when they are cranked all the way up you could fry an egg on them.
Agreed. People here say it's not a big deal, and not needed, but in my opinion that's the entire point of the LUX package - creature comforts. My model has the heated steering wheel and I love it. It's not the hottest thing in the world, but still better than nothing. If given the choice between keeping the heated steering and being offered $100, I'd rather keep the heated steering.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You nailed it! “Lux” says it all…it is the top trim. Nothing should be deleted from this trim, including the temp indicators on the temperature control knobs.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You nailed it! “Lux” says it all…it is the top trim. Nothing should be deleted from this trim, including the temp indicators on the temperature control knobs.
Yup, I have the Lux package and love the heated steering wheel. I’ve used it off road, windows down with the seat heaters on. Nice.

I do not miss the temperature indicating knobs. I do like the temperature controls. When you turn one, the center screen provides a huge graphic of the setting you have selected. Pretty easy to see.

Of course I live in Houston…. Savage winter conditions….overcast with temps in the low 50’s.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For whatever it’s worth, I have the heated steering wheel and it barely gets warm. Almost like not even having one. The seat warmer, on the other hand, works VERY well!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe heated seats are a must to enjoy the soft top in full.

Never knew I needed a heated steering wheel until I had it on my CRV - I would say that it's a feature I would want on my Bronco if I ordered it again.

Ford isn't the only manufacturer doing this - Chevy has been shipping vehicles without heated seats and then crediting buyers $50. My Tahoe ($68k) didn't come with heated seats and it's a huge sticking point.

It's unacceptable if you ask me.

Sponsored

Elliott35

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe yours are broken, mine works great 🤷

Lots of different temps available in forscan too.
I don't think they are broken, I am planning on giving the Forscan tweak a shot.

Comparing any of the “luxury” features between Bronco and BMW will always have BMW light years better. Maybe the infotainment systems can compete but nothing else really.
I duno, I consider this truck to be a luxury vehicle. I think once you cross into the $60k's certain "knit picks" start to matter more. I don't have many, but the heated steering wheel and lack of auto wipers are pretty glaring. There are cars that sell for 1/2 as much as my bronco and have better "luxury" features (though they don't have 35-inch tires).

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Heck, I’d pay them to delete the auto stop/start.
100% agree. Ford actually considers auto stop/start constrained on the F150 and won’t let the dealers hit the order submit button unless they acknowledge it.

Here’s a screenshot of my F150 window sticker and what Ford thinks deleted options are worth.

DE4B2D0F-77E5-460C-8FBD-0AEC7392EE07.png

HokieinMI

Black Diamond
First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Black Diamond 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I loved my heated steering wheel on my Durangos and didn't think that I would ever get a vehicle again without one but I couldn't justify going to a lux package just to get the heated steering wheel on my Bronco becasue that was the only think in the package that I really cared about. I miss it, but not as much as I thought I would The heated seats are amazing and the vents blow on the steering wheel and warm it up pretty quickly. I love the vehicle enough that it hasn't been a huge deal for me.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe yours are broken, mine works great 🤷

Lots of different temps available in forscan too.
Mine works well, but can also change temps in Forscan according to this board. Haven’t needed to try it on mine.
Future hopeful Forscan user here...

Sounds like you guys are saying you can actually increase the temperature of the heated steering wheel in Forscan? If so - that's awesome!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck, I’d pay them to delete the auto stop/start.
Always find it funny the hate start/stop gets.
I don't think they are broken, I am planning on giving the Forscan tweak a shot.
I completely agree, but at least the Bronco is “heavy duty” and has the off road capability. That adds cost. Otherwise- nothing luxury about it. I like it but can’t say it’s a value.

I duno, I consider this truck to be a luxury vehicle. I think once you cross into the $60k's certain "knit picks" start to matter more. I don't have many, but the heated steering wheel and lack of auto wipers are pretty glaring. There are cars that sell for 1/2 as much as my bronco and have better "luxury" features (though they don't have 35-inch tires).

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope you're still able to get this. It was the FIRST thing I noticed about my Bronco on my way home from the Dealer. Now that it's gotten cold again, I'm leaving it on all the time. Love it!

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
For us the heated wheel is only needed when we park outside in winter but then it's a must, I use it on my GMC everyday in the winter! We had our Tacoma parked outside after it was 13 degrees out Friday and drove it 35 minutes and my hands froze the entire drive, wheel never warmed up from the heater. I'm going to roll the dice and leave the LUX package, since we're not scheduled yet we may get more info later.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I don't these features even on WT + LUX, I'd be pretty pissed lol

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Forscan will fix this for you
Yes, but I think the idea though is that Ford could save the heated steering wheel by redirecting chip production away from features people don't like and pumping them out for those that drivers actually enjoy.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have heated steering wheel in my 2022. If that’s the only reason you are getting Lux, I’d take it off anyhow. It really sucks in the Bronco. You can barely tell it’s on. I wouldn’t pay even $50 extra for it if it were a standalone option.
Sponsored