BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heated steering wheel in my 2022. If that’s the only reason you are getting Lux, I’d take it off anyhow. It really sucks in the Bronco. You can barely tell it’s on. I wouldn’t pay even $50 extra for it if it were a standalone option.
I like the heated wheel; but if you don’t think it warm enough you can adjust it up with Forscan.
Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed my order yesterday to include the LUX package as the wife wants the heated wheel, I couldn't believe I had to add the whole LUX pachage but oh well. Anyway my dealer called me back and told me Bronco Sports are coming into their dealership without it but still have LUX. They also said they received some information from Ford this might also happen with the Bronco.

Anybody else hear this or see any LUX packages coming in recently without the heated wheel?

I will not be happy if I get the LUX without the Heated Wheel as it's the only part of the package I want!
Been driving a high package Badlands for 7000 miles. Got down to about zero degrees last weekend. With the location of the dash vents, you can aim them at your hands on the steering wheel.
I have damage to all nerves going to both arms, my hands were nice and toasty warm.
The heated wheel was the only thing I wanted from the lux pkg. I passed on it and I don't regret it.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been driving a high package Badlands for 7000 miles. Got down to about zero degrees last weekend. With the location of the dash vents, you can aim them at your hands on the steering wheel.
I have damage to all nerves going to both arms, my hands were nice and toasty warm.
The heated wheel was the only thing I wanted from the lux pkg. I passed on it and I don't regret it.
I had a LUX wheel. It kept my hands at what I'd call body temp. My current bronco does not have heated wheel, and I agree with you about the vent location. It does the job just as well as the heated wheel. Actually, better than the wheel.

Letsgobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed my order yesterday to include the LUX package as the wife wants the heated wheel, I couldn't believe I had to add the whole LUX pachage but oh well. Anyway my dealer called me back and told me Bronco Sports are coming into their dealership without it but still have LUX. They also said they received some information from Ford this might also happen with the Bronco.

Anybody else hear this or see any LUX packages coming in recently without the heated wheel?

I will not be happy if I get the LUX without the Heated Wheel as it's the only part of the package I want!
My build week is 11/28, just looked at the window sticker and I can confirm the lux package still has the heated steering wheel listed

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As others said, the stock temperature is pretty low.

Default for the 2016 Flex/MKT was 68°F while 2017 Explorer Platinum was 92°F. I changed my Flex to 76°F and it feels decent.

Looks like the Bronco no longer has a dedicated HSWM anymore and temperature is stored in PSCM -- default is 35°C / 95°F. It really doesn't seem that high. I'm going to try 37°C / 98.6°F

What's interesting is on the older setup, the value is repeated three times in your AsBuilt and the cactus grey/white interior preproduction Bronco showed a heated wheel button with 3 indicator lights. I'm not aware of any Ford offering three temperature levels. The older HSWM method had the raw temperatures stored in AsBuilt, the new method used on the Bronco seems to just have 16 predefined values baked in.

Screenshot_20221124-090935.png

Re:tahoes, my Silverado has working heated wheel but not seats. It's a fleet though so I'm sure I'm at the bottom of the list

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When they start deleting parts that customers are expecting they need to do better with compensation. With the Ranger there have been cases of the Lariat package being shipped without the LED headlights. One of the biggest appeals of the Lariat. Credit of $500. That's pathetic. You can't touch OEM LED headlights for under $1500 and the labor involved in swapping is quite extensive.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was happy I could get a $695 credit for deleting the built in Ford Nav as I have that covered already with something better - my Garmin Tread.
I don't think the Ford Nav ('21 Badlands Lux) is all that good. However, in my experience using both: The Garmin Tread wasn't all that great either. The loaded offroad maps I saw were pretty weak, inaccurate, or non existent. With downloaded TrailsOffroad maps imported into the Tread the maps aren't bad, but I wouldn't like the Tread as a primary GPS.
Sponsored