chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am adding about 450lbs of winch, mount, sliders, and belly skids.. I know I am going to see a little bit of sag. I like the SAS shocks, see no need to toss them. Is there any aftermarket heavier rate springs that would return the ride height to stock while using SAS shocks?

FE 4dr...
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't seen anything yet. I am sure the Eibach or Geiser will have something soon. I plan to add similar weight to mine and will be needing stronger springs.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see any springs on that link, just complete lifts. Am I missing something?

I have been looking for stiffer springs as well to add to the existing Sasquatch shocks, but haven't seen anyone that makes them yet. I really just need them in the front to level the Bronco, and reduce body roll a bit.
They are just compete kits. I was just sharing the only option I've seen so far that's specifically geared towards higher loads.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am adding about 450lbs of winch, mount, sliders, and belly skids.. I know I am going to see a little bit of sag. I like the SAS shocks, see no need to toss them. Is there any aftermarket heavier rate springs that would return the ride height to stock while using SAS shocks?

FE 4dr...
weight is a problem you will need a custom spring rate look into eibach or billstein - i used a coilover from king shocks and replaced the included spring with a higher rated custom set after weighing the bronco on truck scales.

Orangeflava

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan 4s, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a 1.25 perch collar in the front for mine. I’ll wait until the after market matures before I grade further

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see any springs on that link, just complete lifts. Am I missing something?

I have been looking for stiffer springs as well to add to the existing Sasquatch shocks, but haven't seen anyone that makes them yet. I really just need them in the front to level the Bronco, and reduce body roll a bit.
If you have a 2.3, could buy front springs from the 2.7...

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ordered the OME/ARB heavy front springs for the 2.7L to account for my winch/mount and some of my sliders. I have a FE, so I am hoping the heavy springs level out the Bronco with the .75" lift and take care of the weight of the winch. Going to wait and see how it looks to address the rear. I am planning on keeping my stock Bilsteins.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If someone has stock springs that they have removed I have the ability to test the spring rate. I just need a spring to test. It would be nice to know what the factory spring is for a baseline.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure you would have no problem selling your Sas stuff here (maybe to me) if you get the OME. My past experience with OME has been great. I'd go that route but don't want 2" lift, maybe you don't either.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a 1.25 perch collar in the front for mine. I’ll wait until the after market matures before I grade further
Did installing that 1.25 collar help out? Where did you order just the 1.25 or did you order the 2.5 kit and just use the rear collars in the front. I just installed and heavy winch and front bumper and wanting to do the same thing till someone releases just coils.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did installing that 1.25 collar help out? Where did you order just the 1.25 or did you order the 2.5 kit and just use the rear collars in the front. I just installed and heavy winch and front bumper and wanting to do the same thing till someone releases just coils.
ARB OME heavy front coils are available now from 4whp for $214. For a SAS V6, the part number is OME 3200. According to OME, it should compensate for the winch plus give you about .75" from stock. I am thinking that this level me out as well.

YouTuber Sarah-n-Tuned did the opposite, she used her stock springs with some Bilstein coilvers.

I am not desert racing and the stock SAS Bilsteins should be absolutely fine for me, I just want higher spring rates. I am going to try the fronts first and then maybe do the back after I see how camping gear/fridge affect the rear.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ARB OME heavy front coils are available now from 4whp for $214. For a SAS V6, the part number is OME 3200. According to OME, it should compensate for the winch plus give you about .75" from stock. I am thinking that this level me out as well.

YouTuber Sarah-n-Tuned did the opposite, she used her stock springs with some Bilstein coilvers.

I am not desert racing and the stock SAS Bilsteins should be absolutely fine for me, I just want higher spring rates. I am going to try the fronts first and then maybe do the back after I see how camping gear/fridge affect the rear.
Ok great! thanks for the info. I’ll go look into it now
Sponsored