Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure you would have no problem selling your Sas stuff here (maybe to me) if you get the OME. My past experience with OME has been great. I'd go that route but don't want 2" lift, maybe you don't either.
That's exactly my issue as well. I want a higher performance damper, but don't want more than an inch lift at the most. Badlands takeoffs are really my only option with those criteria.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was researching the OME stuff and I think it might work with with just using their coils. Looks like you reuse the factory upper isolater when you buy the OME strut so that means odds are good that their springs will sit correctly on the lower isolater on a factory strut. Those coils are tuned for OME shock valving though. Definitely let us know what you find out and how well it works and feels.

Orangeflava

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan 4s, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did installing that 1.25 collar help out? Where did you order just the 1.25 or did you order the 2.5 kit and just use the rear collars in the front. I just installed and heavy winch and front bumper and wanting to do the same thing till someone releases just coils.
I ordered the 2.5 kit for 37ā€™s but only installed the rear perch collar on the front for 35ā€™s. I donā€™t have any good pics with the heavier bumper setup but I recently installed rough country hidden winch. The photo arenā€™t on level ground but perch collar lift was easy.

9EC5F3F3-8B13-431B-8B78-73DCEBC072AF.jpeg

EAD92700-1957-4344-A901-D539D77ABEF4.jpeg

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am adding about 450lbs of winch, mount, sliders, and belly skids.. I know I am going to see a little bit of sag. I like the SAS shocks, see no need to toss them. Is there any aftermarket heavier rate springs that would return the ride height to stock while using SAS shocks?

FE 4dr...
I changed out my bumper and skids then added a winch. For reference hereā€˜s a thread with my before and after weights.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/oem-modular-bumper-and-skid-weights.44823/#post-1417401

Iā€™m probably going to change out the springs once I find an option for the same purpose as you; get ride height back to stock and stiffen it up a little. That said I only lost 1/2ā€ and it drives fine so itā€™s on the back burner for now.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up ordering some Heavy coils too just hope we donā€™t have to wait forever for them. The place I ordered read they were in stock but I doubt it because nobody else had them listed In stock so will see. If you go to northridge 4x4 their description mentions the spring ends designed to exact specifications for guarantee fit.
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs 80E4EA28-223D-42ED-9BB2-B1AF94D9869D

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HA-ha I was just coming here to start a similar thread. my Badsquatch has seemed to lose some ground clearance after installing appx 150# of winch and bumper, 4-600# in people and 200# of recovery gear and misc. stuff in the back. i want to avoid a lift and bigger tires until enough folks have perfected it. (tie rods, steering rack etc) my bash plates are taking a beating... So OME springs all around should bring me me back to stock height?

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OME 3200 coils showed up today I was really surprised I got them because now if you go to tunersports.com they donā€™t even exist on the site anymore. They shipped from a warehouse in TX.

I started to install them today but halfway I stopped and put it back together and going to wait till I have some 1.25 perch collars to use just incase these coils donā€™t work so I donā€™t need to do this twice.

Pretty sure the factory coil has 8 wraps this coil has 10 itā€™s pretty long not compressed has me kinda 2nd guessing this isnā€™t going to lift me to the moon but Iā€™m guessing they will compress a lot after I get them installed. The lower end of spring looks like it should fit on the perch. I find contradicting information if they work with Sasquatch struts or not. I believe they will fit on the lower perch but gotta try to find out for sure. Last pic is emu strut and spring
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs A31060F1-7F67-4741-846A-F8C1CF07EAB9
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs 0E1C14D5-A902-40E4-8DA9-AAED06D78D9D
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs FBAED02E-A238-4BAC-A641-F14423D85C52

Last edited:
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OME 3200 coils showed up today I was really surprised I got them because now if you go to tunersports.com they donā€™t even exist on the site anymore. They shipped from a warehouse in TX.

I started to install them today but halfway I stopped and put it back together and going to wait till I have some 1.25 perch collars to use just incase these coils donā€™t work so I donā€™t need to do this twice.

Pretty sure the factory coil has 8 wraps this coil has 10 itā€™s pretty long not compressed has me kinda 2nd guessing this isnā€™t going to lift me to the moon but Iā€™m guessing they will compress a lot after I get them installed. The lower end of spring looks like it should fit on the perch. I find contradicting information if they work with Sasquatch struts or not. I believe they will fit on the lower perch but gotta try to find out for sure. Last pic is emu strut and spring
Woohoo! Someone got to it before me. PLEASE keep us in the loop, photos etc. I really want this to work out.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was researching the OME stuff and I think it might work with with just using their coils. Looks like you reuse the factory upper isolater when you buy the OME strut so that means odds are good that their springs will sit correctly on the lower isolater on a factory strut. Those coils are tuned for OME shock valving though. Definitely let us know what you find out and how well it works and feels.
That was my interpretation as well. The comment is probably about the length of stroke of the stock shock... but I don't think .75" will make much difference considering the perch collars and everything else people are using

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was my interpretation as well. The comment is probably about the length of stroke of the stock shock... but I don't think .75" will make much difference considering the perch collars and everything else people are using
Thats what im hoping too. I've also read in several places where people are using ome coils with bilsten struts and they fit fine. OME says there coils are to same spec as factory on pretty much ever one they make. I did read on here the ARB guy said they won't work due to the lower perch. "Old Man Emu Coil springs must be fitted with the Old Man Emu struts due to the design of the spring seat." I dont know will find out hopefully he is wrong and just wanting us to buy the whole kit because it looks the same from the outside looking in. My speed sensor was stuck in there pretty good or i might of went further into installing them. Think Im going to unplug the sensor from the frame and just wrap it up on the hub. Started raining on me too is another reason I stopped. Next weekend I will go at it again when hopefully I have the 1.25 collars for a backup plan.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@chtucker
Sun came out so I gave her another try and sad to say I donā€™t think itā€™s going to work. Maybe the perch sits lower on the OME strut because Iā€™m going to need to compress the crap out of it to get it back on. It did fit perfectly on the lower perch after removing the isolater. Wouldnā€™t fit with it on the pics say it all. Sucks I was really hoping we could make this work but I think even if I was to get it compressed enough to install on the strut it might blow the shock apart because way too much preload. Idk donā€™t want to find out and need to buy a Sasquatch strut. Think Iā€™m just going to leave it apart for the week till I get some collars.

Least I know how it all comes apart now so if I was to ever break a axle on the trail I know what it takes to remove the shaft. Itā€™s not that hard definitely leaned some tricks getting the axle to pop loose. Holy crap I beat on it off and on for 40 min till I figured out what I was doing wrong.

*Tip* When you go to smack it with a dead blow hammer make sure the axle is nice and straight with hardly any bind and it will pop out super easy. If you try to smack it with the axle leaning or turnt even just a little it will not knock out.
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs 3AD8A787-A1B2-49C2-A0D8-2074B37AF434
Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs AB829D91-DC8A-4CC5-BF55-A63D927DA6BE

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@chtucker
Sun came out so I gave her another try and sad to say I donā€™t think itā€™s going to work. Maybe the perch sits lower on the OME strut because Iā€™m going to need to compress the crap out of it to get it back on. It did fit perfectly on the lower perch after removing the isolater. Wouldnā€™t fit with it on the pics say it all. Sucks I was really hoping we could make this work but I think even if I was to get it compressed enough to install on the strut it might blow the shock apart because way too much preload. Idk donā€™t want to find out and need to buy a Sasquatch strut. Think Iā€™m just going to leave it apart for the week till I get some collars.

Least I know how it all comes apart now so if I was to ever break a axle on the trail I know what it takes to remove the shaft. Itā€™s not that hard definitely leaned some tricks getting the axle to pop loose. Holy crap I beat on it off and on for 40 min till I figured out what I was doing wrong.

*Tip* When you go to smack it with a dead blow hammer make sure the axle is nice and straight with hardly any bind and it will pop out super easy. If you try to smack it with the axle leaning or turnt even just a little it will not knock out.
well thanks for trying! I was hoping that this was going to be the poor man's way of compensating for extra weight. I don't get why the OME kits are so expensive though. $440 for 4 springs, I don't see how the OME shocks cost over $1100. I think the whole kits are $1600 or so. Definitely cheaper than fox/kings/Radflo coil overs. Kings are almost $4600 for the 4. I don't need something that exotic... just a heavier spring rate.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone researched the Ford OEM springs and figured out which part numbers go with which trim? Theyā€™re relatively inexpensive at around $70 to $80 each and seem like a good way to adjust for added weight if someone could figure out which spring part numbers are used for the specifix trims. Check out the screen shots of the front and rear weights below. The 4 door Badlands with 2.7 has the heaviest front end of all trims and Iā€™ve tried to find the specific front coil spring part number used with that trim to replace my on my 2 door but I havenā€™t had any luck matching coil spring part numbers to specific trims since all the part sales sites Iā€™ve found provide a list of part numbers for several front coils.

For example, per the charts, my Badlands 2 door with 2.7 has a front weight of 2,731. The 4 door version listed on the next page has a weight of 2,909. So it seems the 4 door version should have heavier rated springs and swapping to those would help compensate for the added weight of a winch, bumper, etc while retaining most original specs.

Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs 4062993F-EA9C-4C45-BFD8-AD4289223479

Ford Bronco Heavier rated springs 000A3ACD-D308-45A1-A476-F3C60A9844C6

Last edited:

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would probably work if you had lighter bronco but it might lift you more than you'd want.
Sponsored