First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was thinking of maybe buying one for mine. Was that the one Ford sells or is it a aftermarket one?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was thinking of maybe buying one for mine. Was that the one Ford sells or is it a aftermarket one?
The tent? This one is a Tuffstuff. Ford has a Yakima tent in their accessories list i think.

Black Diamond Tolo

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes ford has one wasnt too impressed with it costing 2k so was going to look for a aftermarket an see what they are going for. Thanks for the info.

Maul_ii

Badlands
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands | 1972 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Julz670

Does the ZRoadz roof rack and RTT combo interfere with your ability to remove the modular roof panels over the driver and passenger?

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Julz670

Does the ZRoadz roof rack and RTT combo interfere with your ability to remove the modular roof panels over the driver and passenger?
The roof rack itself does not interfere at all, just need to be a little careful when pulling the panels out to make sure you don't drag them on the underside of the rack. In order to remove them without lifting them up too high, you may have to open the flip-down latch, lift the panel an inch, then close the latch again before pulling the panel out.

The tent itself does not interfere at all, but as I mentioned in my original post, I wish I switched the bolts out with shorter ones. The gap between my roof panels and the rack got even smaller because of the long bolts holding the tent down. I can still remove the panels, just need to be extra careful not to scratch them on the bolts because those are now the low hanging sharp edges.

Sponsored

Maul_ii

Badlands
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, I'll definitely switch out with smaller bolts based on your experience/recommendation :)

Last edited:

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your review! Your review is the closest setup that I plan to do with my bronco. I may go for zroadz roof rack If i know it can hold at least 600lb of static weight

I'm in the market for a roof rack but unsure which one can accomodate my needs. I plan to have RTT like yours but soft shell but holds at least 4 people.

Similar to this RTT

Tuff Stuff Overland 5 Person Elite Roof Top Tent | Tuff Stuff 4x4 & Tuff Stuff Overland

It's weighs a little under 200 lbs and with 4 people in the tent it's going to exceed 500lbs. I'm waiting for a roof rack that can hold more static weight. I know gobi is a solution but the price is steep. Trailrax roof rack claims that it can hold 850lbs.

This is from their site.

• Static load rating of the rack: 850 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • Dynamic load rating of the rack: 250 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • These ratings are rated and measured WITH optioned Pak Rax. The Pak Rax allows for the distribution of weight to the body of the Bronco allowing the best stability and carrying load capacity.

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Static load rating of the rack: 850 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • Dynamic load rating of the rack: 250 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • These ratings are rated and measured WITH optioned Pak Rax. The Pak Rax allows for the distribution of weight to the body of the Bronco allowing the best stability and carrying load capacity.
That's pretty impressive that they got their static rating up to 850 with the pak rax. I don't remember what their published rating was before the pak rax came out, but I feel like it was lower or very close to the zroadz rack. I think the pak rax really help improve the overall look of the Trailrax rack. I also like that it comes with a wind deflector.

Maul_ii

Badlands
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
doyouglas
That looks great, are you adding this to a 2-door or 4-door? I only ask because of the vehicle's total cargo weight limits.

The 2 door Bronco Cargo Weight limit is 850 lbs total, so you in theory you will be able to exceed the Cargo weight limit of the bronco on the rack:
Rack Weight limit = 850 lbs
Broco Cargo limit 850 lbs (- the weight of the rack)

Either way, it looks sick, and I like that it has a wind deflector option, I'll be building one for the RoadZ rack after it arrives but an OEM one would have been a nice option.
https://www.trailrax.com/collection...ronco-2-door-roof-rack?variant=42350110638247

OP
OP
Julz670

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

doyouglas
That looks great, are you adding this to a 2-door or 4-door? I only ask because of the vehicle's total cargo weight limits.

The 2 door Bronco Cargo Weight limit is 850 lbs total, so you in theory you will be able to exceed the Cargo weight limit of the bronco on the rack:
Rack Weight limit = 850 lbs
Broco Cargo limit 850 lbs (- the weight of the rack)

Either way, it looks sick, and I like that it has a wind deflector option, I'll be building one for the RoadZ rack after it arrives but an OEM one would have been a nice option.
https://www.trailrax.com/collection...ronco-2-door-roof-rack?variant=42350110638247
Payload capacity can vary by trim and options, but for the 2door i think they are all over 1,000 lbs payload

Sponsored

ZROADZOFFICIAL

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ZROADZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks For the review. We love the feedback. New Soft Top Rack coming very soon!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. Will be released in the next few weeks
Is there a thread around here detailing the progress or is this all the info we have? I’m now highly anticipating this as a soft top owner who figured they’d have to wait for a hard top before getting a rack and rtt.

ZROADZOFFICIAL

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ZROADZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a thread around here detailing the progress or is this all the info we have? I’m now highly anticipating this as a soft top owner who figured they’d have to wait for a hard top before getting a rack and rtt.
I will Start a thread next week. We have kept the design progress under wraps until we release it. Photography and video will happen next week and will be sure to post some pics here first.
Sponsored