Sponsored

Hello all. What’s an average wait time for a Bronco with limited options added?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New to the site. Hoping to one day score a Bronco. Bad Lands trim level. 4 door hard too. My understanding is orders are closed for now. What’s an average wait time for a Bronco with limited options added? Basically a Badlands, 4dr hardtop, 2.3 with auto.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome. As you know, orders are closed. Ford will reevaluate whether to open the order banks in the 4Q. Does not mean they will open in the 4Q. The time from ordering to delivery will vary wildly from dealer to dealer. It is all about allocation.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New to the site. Hoping to one day score a Bronco. Bad Lands trim level. 4 door hard too. My understanding is orders are closed for now. What’s an average wait time for a Bronco with limited options added? Basically a Badlands, 4dr hardtop, 2.3 with auto.
Have something else to drive, be willing to wait a year, and you'll be a happy man.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decided on a Base when orders open back up. Big Bend doesn’t seem worth price. Along with a soft top. This should make for a shorter wait. Don’t need a lot of options. With so many aftermarket parts available, fixing up the outside should be easy. Will be moving up from a Maverick Lariat AWD 2.0. Not like I’m giving up luxury. Only off-roading will be the beach.

Jimmi bronco

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 765 days day 4 reservation holder and finally took delivery on aug 31. Badlands 2 door hardtop lux package. No tow but have the modular bumper. Its worth the wait, for sure. Because ford is taking steps like closing order banks maybe they finally might thinkabout starting to commit to getting broncos to customers quicker decreasing wait times.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple weeks and you should be good to go.

Jimmi bronco

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain. Im sure no communication either. Its awesome isn't it. I was gonna give it till the end of this yr. then move on. Its nice not having to feverishly check the tracker anymore....its a blast to drive. most fun ive had with a vehicle and i haven't really done anything in it yet. When you get pissed enough, ready to pull the plug, and swear off ford, its like they know, and itll happen for u. Not a second sooner though.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over 26 months so far for me.

Sponsored

hsun85

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Off Road Premium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base 4 dr hard top 2.3 - 7 months from order to delivery

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck! No telling at all……….

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remember correctly, the priority is existing reservations and dealer allocations... if they feel they are ahead of the game and don't see supply chain issues being a huge deal, then they'll open up a window for new orders (but I am sure the amount of new orders will be extremely limited). If you absolutely HAVE to have one this year... more than likely the best option is to find a dealer that will put you on their wait list for dealer allocations... but you will be paying over MSRP.

as other people have said, if you can wait over a year for your specific order, just drive something else for now. But you will need to be diligent about knowing if/when order windows open and which dealers is trustworthy to sell you your order at MSRP. Don't depend on the dealer to call you and let you know when the window opens though. That's up to you to keep watching for Ford announcements.

Edit - Oops forgot to answer your question. Best case scenario when you get you VIN assigned (whenever that is), about 1-2 months later you can "possibly" be assigned a build date. If you are given a build date and everything goes smoothly, your Bronco will get loaded onto a train with 2 weeks after the build date passes. To ship out to California, my bronco sat on a train for 2 weeks. Again this is all best case scenarios.
Sponsored