Base
First Name
Tj
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Clubs

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark Ambrose, the founder of Hothead Headliners.

I wanted to take a minute to introduce Hothead Headliners to everyone here at Bronco6G and let you know that we look forward to being apart of this great community. I see there has already been a decent amount of talk about us here, but for those of you who are not familiar, we produce and sell aftermarket Headliners and other insulation products (Sound Assassin) for Jeep Wranglers & Jeep Gladiators. We are VERY excited to announce that we will also be making our same great Headliners for the new Ford Bronco! We have been active on other forums (mostly Jeep specific) for many years and we are now excited to also contribute here at Bronco6G.

Ford Bronco Headliner COMING SOON! | Click HERE!

Proudly Made in the USA since 2009, we are a small, family-run business based in Boise, ID. We take a lot pride in offering the best aftermarket Headliners and insulations we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer support. If you've been wondering about our Hothead Headliners, Sound Assassin or other products, we have some informative videos on our website (and YouTube channel) for you to explore.

Our Mission is to enhance the experience of our fellow Jeepers (and now, Bronco owners!) by providing them with a more comfortable ride. We strive to offer the best products to insulate against harsh temperatures and by reducing unwanted road noise. Our main goal is to exceed our customers' expectations of how a company behaves. That is reflected in the quality of our products and customer service.

We know there are other Headliner options out there, and we hope that we can earn your business in addition to being a part of the this great community. If you're comparing us with the various other Headliner options, we also have some some informative videos where I show each headliner up close so the viewer can see what materials they are made of, how they're made and what they look like. It's so hard to tell exactly what you're looking at from just a photo when shopping online, so we want to help you make the best decision that fits your needs and is right for you.

Here are a few resources for you to learn a little more about us:

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly or our team at [email protected]

Best Regards,

Mark Ambrose & the Hothead Team

black-1s-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-s-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

graphite-1s-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

med-grey-s-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg
Hey guys! I was wondering what the difference is with and without the sound assassin strips?

Advertisement

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Thanks for joining our community. I’m looking forward to buying the hotheads liner for my 2D Black Diamond when it arrives.
My friend has your liners in his JK Wrangler and your product is great.
Keep up the great work and stay safe.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

I'll be checking you guys out later, skipping the OEM liner for now.

Blksunshine06

Wildtrak
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 Ecoboost
Clubs

I will be ordering a set from Hotheads whenever they are available! Made in the USA is one of the important aspects that I like to consider before every purchase I make (I know it's not always an option)! I would get on the Pre-order train if it was available as well!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
How affixed? 3m tape?
Does it ever need reaffixed?
Does it remove cleanly?

Fly by Nite

First Name
Walt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Hey Mark, great to have you onboard here!
The big question..... what is the oem product composed of, and is the HotHead a nicer/better performing product?
I don't expect anyone to know the answer at this point in time, but we will have to make a decision in the next month or so.

Austin26

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Hello Hotheads, is there a soft top version that doesn't attach directly to the top of the cabin cage? As in is there or will there be a version that attaches to the underside of the cloth soft top? I'm not a fan of what I saw available that acts as a permanent shade with the top dropped. Thank you.

Yes I realize it may not be possible for it to attach to the underside of the cloth top because it needs to fold up but I thought I'd ask.

OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Hey guys! I was wondering what the difference is with and without the sound assassin strips?
The Headliners themselves do a pretty good job at reducing unwanted road, weather & wind noise, and if you want to do all you can to reduce these, our Sound Assassin strips are a good little add-on.

The sound damping properties of Sound Assassin remove sound vibrations (frequencies) by absorbing the energy, which restricts them from traveling further (across your hard top), causing a reduction in audible noise (road noise, weather, tires, etc.). I like to think of it in terms of waves.

The strips won't eliminate all noise/vibrations, but they do help, especially when they're combined with our headliners. People notice the biggest difference, especially if they have upgraded tires and when it's raining (that annoying "ping" sound on the fiberglass top).

Hope that helps,
-Mark

OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for joining our community. I’m looking forward to buying the hotheads liner for my 2D Black Diamond when it arrives.
My friend has your liners in his JK Wrangler and your product is great.
Keep up the great work and stay safe.
I'm glad to hear. Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'll be checking you guys out later, skipping the OEM liner for now.
We can notify you if you would like. Feel free to add your email to our Hothead Bronco Sign-up List
2 or 4 door?
4-Door
I will be ordering a set from Hotheads whenever they are available! Made in the USA is one of the important aspects that I like to consider before every purchase I make (I know it's not always an option)! I would get on the Pre-order train if it was available as well!
Made in-house in Boise, Idaho. Thanks for your support. Make sure to add your name to our list, and we'll notify everyone as soon as we're getting ready to release.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

I'm glad to hear. Thanks for the warm welcome!

We can notify you if you would like. Feel free to add your email to our Hothead Bronco Sign-up List

4-Door

Made in-house in Boise, Idaho. Thanks for your support. Make sure to add your name to our list, and we'll notify everyone as soon as we're getting ready to release.
Will do.

As a former and hopefully again future Idaho resident, gotta support local when it makes sense.

OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
How affixed? 3m tape?
Does it ever need reaffixed?
Does it remove cleanly?
We use a high-quality, 3M VHB tape with a heat rating of 300°+ degrees Fahrenheit. If instructions & preparation steps are followed correctly, it's rare that it will need to be reaffixed. If for some reason it does, you can always reach back out to us.

If you ever would like to remove your headliners, they can be removed cleanly. We have several videos instructing how to do this. Here are a couple to demonstrate.
Hey Mark, great to have you onboard here!
The big question..... what is the oem product composed of, and is the HotHead a nicer/better performing product?
I don't expect anyone to know the answer at this point in time, but we will have to make a decision in the next month or so.
We are not aware of the final product/materials Ford is going to be putting into the Bronco in terms of the headliner, yet. I'd imagine they're going to be similar to the Mopar/OEM headiners for the Jeep Wrangler. If you search the Jeep forums and reviews on our site, many customers have had both and are in favor of ours in terms of looks, quality and performance.

We did a Headliner Comparison Video a while back. Our products have since been updated (addition of radiant barrier, etc.), but you can get an idea from watching that.
Hello Hotheads, is there a soft top version that doesn't attach directly to the top of the cabin cage? As in is there or will there be a version that attaches to the underside of the cloth soft top? I'm not a fan of what I saw available that acts as a permanent shade with the top dropped. Thank you.

Yes I realize it may not be possible for it to attach to the underside of the cloth top because it needs to fold up but I thought I'd ask.
We will make a Soft Top Headliner for the Bronco but our main focus in the beginning will be the Hard Top Headliners. We won't know how it will attach until we are able to start making some prototypes, but it will likely be similar to our Soft Top Headliners for the Jeep Wranglers. The various Wrangler models all install a little differently, but they're mostly attached to the roll bars. They're very easy to install and remove. We do them within minutes.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Clubs

The Headliners themselves do a pretty good job at reducing unwanted road, weather & wind noise, and if you want to do all you can to reduce these, our Sound Assassin strips are a good little add-on.

The sound damping properties of Sound Assassin remove sound vibrations (frequencies) by absorbing the energy, which restricts them from traveling further (across your hard top), causing a reduction in audible noise (road noise, weather, tires, etc.). I like to think of it in terms of waves.

The strips won't eliminate all noise/vibrations, but they do help, especially when they're combined with our headliners. People notice the biggest difference, especially if they have upgraded tires and when it's raining (that annoying "ping" sound on the fiberglass top).

Hope that helps,
-Mark
Thank you!

OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
We use a high-quality, 3M VHB tape with a heat rating of 300°+ degrees Fahrenheit. If instructions & preparation steps are followed correctly, it's rare that it will need to be reaffixed. If for some reason it does, you can always reach back out to us.

If you ever would like to remove your headliners, they can be removed cleanly. We have several videos instructing how to do this. Here are a couple to demonstrate.
Thank you. That looks great! Good videos!

Advertisement

Advertisement