Sponsored

Help, 2023 Wildtrack vs Badlands...they are further apart now.

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, questions for any/all who know. Please anyone with real world experience give youe opinion BL vs WT....... I have been BL Sas from the start. The washout floors, MGV and front sway dis. are what sold me on the BL. But now that the 2023 Wildtrack comes with 3.0 HOSS, sport mode vs RC, cup holders in the back ( this will be my DD and I have two little ones, so its a big deal for me) the upgraded steering and tierods is looking better and better. I don't rock crawl just trail run, cant see myself needing the Stab disc. The only real draw to a BL now is the vinyl seats and wash out floors. The WT is looking like a better fit for me. Please any input will be much appreciated.
Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, BL SAS fit the bill for the following reasons:
  • Washout floors and a very, very, very hairy lab. I bought the Mabbett covers for the back of the rear seats and what a difference it made getting rid of the last bit of exposed carpet on the interior. I've yet to actually wash it out with a hose, but a bocket of soapy water and a decent size rag makes for a quick cleanout.
  • Sway bar disco - It's not just for rock crawling. I'm not as young as I once was, so the ability to smooth out the trails here in AZ at the press of a button appealed to me. Just did Crown King to Horsethief on Labor day with my daughter and what a difference the SBD makes on that rough 8 miles of road! Disconnected the sway bar and set the Trail Cruise at 15mph. Made for a nice scenic ride!
  • As far as steering/tie rods go, you can break stuff no matter how beefy it is. Never tork on the steering wheel when the tire is up against a rock, tree, etc unless you want to hear the loud pop! I've been over some decent rock fields with it, and that stuff is generally more finesse that brute force - unless you have an onboard welder!
  • HOSS 3.0 - was not an option when I took delivery back in Feb, but I suspect I'll end up upgrading to 37's, once I burn thru the stock tires first. This will also require upgrading suspension and steering anyway, so I figure I'd wait a couple of years for the perfect dialed in setup for me.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had this internal struggle for the longest time to. I have not taken delivery yet, and plan to make my final decision when I have to reorder for 23.

At the moment I lean towards BL. For me it is the flexibility to start with 33s and then decide if I want to upgrade to 35s later. If I decide "screw it, bring on sasquatch," I will switch to Wildtrak. I also like the idea of the sway-disconnect on light trails for comfort.

It is a personal decision in the end. Let us know what you decide :)

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my badlands in 21 and I swore Iā€™d be buried with this car since I donā€™t ever wanna buy a new car. Iā€™m so close to just putting a deposit in for the WT and letting it ride. Donā€™t really mind getting it in 2023 or 2024. I already purchased the ADV hardtop but I want the fox shocks and youā€™re right about the leather/cup holders. Plus, if another edition intrigues me thatā€™s a limited run, I could attempt to change to that

goal for my build is over landing 100% so havenā€™t had to use swaybar disconnect. Just debating if I really want hunter green or how nice it is to get the first year of the Bronco comebacks

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at both interiors. I myself donā€™t care for the light colors in the WT. and comes with cloth unless you pony up 2k more for leather. If your not high speed running with is what the WT is geared for then Iā€™d pass and stay with badlands. If you want the same gearing as WT add the Sasquatch package. I didnā€™t think the WT came with rear cup holders unless you got leather as well but I could be wrong. There are cupholders out now that mount to the rear if the center console. Once the mount is installed itā€™s a quick removal for cleaning.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, questions for any/all who know. Please anyone with real world experience give youe opinion BL vs WT....... I have been BL Sas from the start. The washout floors, MGV and front sway dis. are what sold me on the BL. But now that the 2023 Wildtrack comes with 3.0 HOSS, sport mode vs RC, cup holders in the back ( this will be my DD and I have two little ones, so its a big deal for me) the upgraded steering and tierods is looking better and better. I don't rock crawl just trail run, cant see myself needing the Stab disc. The only real draw to a BL now is the vinyl seats and wash out floors. The WT is looking like a better fit for me. Please any input will be much appreciated.
Cupholders and the back center armrest only come with the leather interior option. That option is available on both the WT and the BL. If you get a cloth WT you won't get cupholders on the 4 door.

It could be said the only easy clean seat option on the WT is leather where that may be harder to justify on the Badlands with the MGV.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're a reservation holder, will changing trim cause you to lose price protection? I have feeling that the $ increase is gonna be significant from '22.5 to '23...

OP
OP
Magnitude Flow

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're a reservation holder, will changing trim cause you to lose price protection? I have feeling that the $ increase is gonna be significant from '22.5 to '23...
Yes I'm a 21 reservation holder, and my understanding is it won't effect the price freeze. If you order a WT it will be compared to a 21 WT and a appropriate discount will happen. But I'm not worried about the price. I buy a new car when I hit 290k on my old one, price doesn't matter to me. I get what I want.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I'm a 21 reservation holder, and my understanding is it won't effect the price freeze. If you order a WT it will be compared to a 21 WT and a appropriate discount will happen. But I'm not worried about the price. I buy a new car when I hit 290k on my old one, price doesn't matter to me. I get what I want.
I get your point, but there are also folks that can't afford another major price increase, and those who stand on principal that they reserved at a certain price and expect their vehicle at that price. (dealer games excluded, that's a different subject) Just a question, things on those points, not so much as 21-22 pricing, but 22-22.5 pricing, let alone 22.5-23 pricing at this point is clear as mud...

IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 4Dr, Rubicon 2dr, CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go Wildtrak and get a manual sway bar disco. Thereā€™s one on the market already and more Iā€™m sure in the making. I have a 2022 with 3.0 hoss, waiting for apex to release their manual disco .

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look at both interiors. I myself donā€™t care for the light colors in the WT. and comes with cloth unless you pony up 2k more for leather.
Same. Drove a WT at the Off Roadeo. Had a chance to buy one for a decent deal. Just not gonna spend that much for an interior I don't love at all. IMO the roast OBX interior is 100x better if you want to go high end.

Plus I actually prefer the 4 banger. If I change my base squatch 2 door order, it'll be to a BD or BL just for the washout interior. Most likely I'll keep the order the same and just add katzkin later.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. Drove a WT at the Off Roadeo. Had a chance to buy one for a decent deal. Just not gonna spend that much for an interior I don't love at all. IMO the roast OBX interior is 100x better if you want to go high end. Plus I actually prefer the 4 banger. If I change my base squatch 2 door order, it'll be to a BD or BL just for the washout interior. Most likely I'll keep the order the same and just add katzkin later.
I wish I could have convinced the gf that the Roast Interior on the OBX was better than the little horses on the seats in the WT... LOL. She's sticking with the WT only because of the seats... LOL. However, I will get to drive it, so there's that... LOL.

Meanwhile, in my less capable Bronco... life goes on. ;)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wildtrak !
Sponsored