Sponsored

Help, 2023 Wildtrack vs Badlands...they are further apart now.

Ddman92129

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same dilemma
2021 2 door BL SAS on order. Considering switching to the WT
Most of my off hwy use will be in the desert with 1 trip a year to the Eastern Sierras.
Items affecting my decision
+ Tie Rods/ Steering
+ Hoss 3.0
- Disco
- Interior
+ Price Protection
Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the same dilemma
2021 2 door BL SAS on order. Considering switching to the WT
Most of my off hwy use will be in the desert with 1 trip a year to the Eastern Sierras.
Items affecting my decision
+ Tie Rods/ Steering
+ Hoss 3.0
- Disco
- Interior
+ Price Protection
Good summary. I'm in exact same boat and now heavily leaning Wildtrak for my 2023 order, specifically for the first two points above. Too bad we can't get the modular roof in black this year as that would be the perfect option for a Wildtrak (as it was supposed to be since 2020).

I actually have an order in for a JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon that will be my vehicle until/if my Bronco reservation gets filled in 2023. I figure if I love the Wranger, I'm sticking with Jeep. If I don't, i can look forward to the benefits of a Bronco Wildtrak (better on-road handling, more storage inside, better cameras/screens in high package).

OP
OP
Magnitude Flow

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went with WT, the Hoss package outweighed the SBdisc and floors. Mine will be my DD and a kid carrier, only trail running a few times a year....

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a BL order holder myself, I think you made the right decision. There is absolutely zero difference in off-road ability between MY22 WT and BL if you add manual SBD to the WT - only convenience of the button to disconnect. With HOSS 3.0 being standard on WT for MY23 - that pushes the WT as the more capable offroad machine whether rock crawling or desert running.

The only thing that keeps me from switching to WT is losing price protection and the fact that I have all of the steering rack upgrades from BroncBuster sitting in the garage waiting...

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was all in on the Badlands, MGV floor and seats and hated the interior on the WT especially because I have a dog that sheds like crazy. I decided to switch to WT this year and after delivery I'm taking it in to have the carpets pulled and vinyl flooring installed after ordering it from Ford. The WT interior is growing on me now and I can order the slide out tailgate and roof racks at the expense of the bash plates (which I'll have to add later too). I really don't think I'd use the sway bar disconnect more than a handful of times a year. There were so many non Badlands at Off-Rodeo that performed just as well, not to mention in a few years what's that servicing or replacement going to cost?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all in on the Badlands, MGV floor and seats and hated the interior on the WT especially because I have a dog that sheds like crazy. I decided to switch to WT this year and after delivery I'm taking it in to have the carpets pulled and vinyl flooring installed after ordering it from Ford. The WT interior is growing on me now and I can order the slide out tailgate and roof racks at the expense of the bash plates (which I'll have to add later too). I really don't think I'd use the sway bar disconnect more than a handful of times a year. There were so many non Badlands at Off-Rodeo that performed just as well, not to mention in a few years what's that servicing or replacement going to cost?
Are you having the factory vinyl flooring installed? If so do you have the parts numbers and cost?

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you having the factory vinyl flooring installed? If so do you have the parts numbers and cost?

This is what @flip provided on parts:

Front vinyl floor M2DZ-7813010-AA
Cargo area floor M2DZ-7813046-B

The cost varies on where your ordering from. Not sure if I'll need the rear with the slide out tailgate. I'll know more after delivery of my truck.

I may do some sound insulation after getting the carpet pulled. Figured I'd have whoever installs the sound insulation would just put in the Vinyl instead of carpet when they're done. I'm not going to "wash out" the floors. maybe wet sponge clean because I've seen some people complain of water getting stuck between the vinyl and floors and needing to be pried up to aired out. A few have also recommended waterproof insulation and when installing not to built up around the drain holes.

I just dont want the headache of vacuuming all the dog hairs that adhere into the carpet.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what @flip provided on parts:

Front vinyl floor M2DZ-7813010-AA
Cargo area floor M2DZ-7813046-B

The cost varies on where your ordering from. Not sure if I'll need the rear with the slide out tailgate. I'll know more after delivery of my truck.

I may do some sound insulation after getting the carpet pulled. Figured I'd have whoever installs the sound insulation would just put in the Vinyl instead of carpet when they're done. I'm not going to "wash out" the floors. maybe wet sponge clean because I've seen some people complain of water getting stuck between the vinyl and floors and needing to be pried up to aired out. A few have also recommended waterproof insulation and when installing not to built up around the drain holes.

I just dont want the headache of vacuuming all the dog hairs that adhere into the carpet.
Thank you, I'm hoping to do washout floors (depending on cost), but have yet to find the parts numbers. No plans on washing them out, just doing it for the same reason as you.
Ford Bronco Help, 2023 Wildtrack vs Badlands...they are further apart now. dogs

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the same boat... heavily leaning on the WT... I'm in CA and will be in snow for Winters.. (Tahoe)... not much rock crawling - but also hope to do some light overloading... I like the fact that I can put a roof rack on the WT and not worry about GVWR. I do have some questions, however:
- does the WT come with basic rock rails or is it still just the pinch weld? There are much better steps out there than Ford's.. but not sure what I would be getting with the WT (I know no steps unless I order Ford's... but I do like 8Lug's steps that fit with the badlands rock rails, hence the question)
- for the interior, prob going with leather as I will be in the cold and heated seats/steering wheel are desired. I do worry about the roast interior.. how it will look with A51... leaning towards Green if I go WT... might match better than my preferred A51 at this point. thoughts here? (for those who have seen roast in person).
- Lastly... and for constraints, I guess... I prefer the hard top (again - see cold)... but also think with constraints I might be better off getting a soft top for now and buying a hard top later down the road... I guess I am screwed by choosing a WT with SAS/Lux (I wanted tow but can give that up)...

Yes, I am a mess about all of this! They don't make it easy. Any thoughts/advice is much appreciated. (I am a week two reservation holder and... yes... I am with Granger.. currently a little over 200 in line... and hoping all of this COVP will help weed out some 99ers and push me back to something reasonable, hence the question on hard top as well... )
Thanks in advance here...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in the same boat... heavily leaning on the WT... I'm in CA and will be in snow for Winters.. (Tahoe)... not much rock crawling - but also hope to do some light overloading... I like the fact that I can put a roof rack on the WT and not worry about GVWR. I do have some questions, however:
- does the WT come with basic rock rails or is it still just the pinch weld? There are much better steps out there than Ford's.. but not sure what I would be getting with the WT (I know no steps unless I order Ford's... but I do like 8Lug's steps that fit with the badlands rock rails, hence the question)
- for the interior, prob going with leather as I will be in the cold and heated seats/steering wheel are desired. I do worry about the roast interior.. how it will look with A51... leaning towards Green if I go WT... might match better than my preferred A51 at this point. thoughts here? (for those who have seen roast in person).
- Lastly... and for constraints, I guess... I prefer the hard top (again - see cold)... but also think with constraints I might be better off getting a soft top for now and buying a hard top later down the road... I guess I am screwed by choosing a WT with SAS/Lux (I wanted tow but can give that up)...

Yes, I am a mess about all of this! They don't make it easy. Any thoughts/advice is much appreciated. (I am a week two reservation holder and... yes... I am with Granger.. currently a little over 200 in line... and hoping all of this COVP will help weed out some 99ers and push me back to something reasonable, hence the question on hard top as well... )
Thanks in advance here...
I can pick-up a used softtop for around $1k, the last hard top in the classifieds I saw was listed for $6k(?) and sold almost immediately. I'd pay the $700 now, rather than roll the dice.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, questions for any/all who know. Please anyone with real world experience give youe opinion BL vs WT....... I have been BL Sas from the start. The washout floors, MGV and front sway dis. are what sold me on the BL. But now that the 2023 Wildtrack comes with 3.0 HOSS, sport mode vs RC, cup holders in the back ( this will be my DD and I have two little ones, so its a big deal for me) the upgraded steering and tierods is looking better and better. I don't rock crawl just trail run, cant see myself needing the Stab disc. The only real draw to a BL now is the vinyl seats and wash out floors. The WT is looking like a better fit for me. Please any input will be much appreciated.
You can always add a manual sway bar disconnect if you want . As far as rear seat cup holders just order with leather seats
Sponsored