Broncoboyz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my 4 door badlands SAS has developed a rather annoying rattle. I’ve tried sitting in the back while having a friend drive to identify where the rattle is coming from, and it seems to be coming from the spare tire mount itself.

I’ve tried using dry lubricant on each of the bolts without any success. Has anyone else experienced a spare tire rattle, and have found a fix?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems that the common problem is the bump stops for the spare tire. Remove the spare to see if the rattle goes away. If it does, then you'll have to adjust the bump stops to support the tire. Another member had to make custom bump stops as they were using a custom offset wheel. Good luck in tracing the source and getting it resolved.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Broncoboyz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ChristaLynne

Black Diamond
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, my 4 door badlands SAS has developed a rather annoying rattle. I’ve tried sitting in the back while having a friend drive to identify where the rattle is coming from, and it seems to be coming from the spare tire mount itself.

I’ve tried using dry lubricant on each of the bolts without any success. Has anyone else experienced a spare tire rattle, and have found a fix?

thanks in advance!
I am experiencing something similar and its driving me batso! I thought mine was the tire too, but rattle sounds like its coming from the hinge area? but i need to look at it again when I have more time. Seems to be getting worse. Please update me if you find it, and I will do the same.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
record the noise and post the video/audio and maybe we can narrow down for you

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, record the noise.
My 4 door sas softtop makes ALL kinds of noise any time I hit any sort of crack in the pavement. Can't tell if its the softtop making sound of the rear gate.

OP
OP

Broncoboyz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll do my best to get a video of the noise in the next day or so!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

thanks in advance!
Hello! Send us a private message with your Bronco's VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this rattling issue. Thanks!

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks in advance!
Same problem I just added a video of it on a particularly bad day to the other "gnarly... " thread. let you know if services comes up with solution tomorrow.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model