Sponsored

Help a Novice figure out if he should do a reservation now?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about if you're waiting for the Warthog? Should you reserve now and wait? Or, do you let the whole project mature a bit? I'm in no rush.
Warthog is a special vehicle. If you reserve now for a Bronco, your Bronco reservation would not allow you to order a Warthog. But there’s no harm in reserving a Bronco now and then reserving a Warthog later. It’s only a $100 deposit, and it’s fully refundable.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
go ahead and have him put in a priority 99 order. This locks you in your spot in line but your vehicle will not get built until you give the go-ahead to do so.
This is key. Thanks. So with a priority 99, Ford gets back and asks for confirmation before its turned into an order.

This gives you the opportunity to possibly switch dealers, but most importantly tweak the order to add or remove items.

Right? Thanks again.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all,

...Then I saw the Bronco and am thinking that maybe a utility trailer hooked to the back will be fine and I won't need a pickup truck. HA!!

( It does need to be capable of driving through a couple of feet of unplowed snow though. )

So here is the thing. I don't want to have to commit to buying until I've actually driven a bronco. If it doesn't drive on road any better than the Jeep, I'll get the jeep. But if it drives appreciably better on road, I'll get the Bronco.
I am pretty much in the same camp. I truly expect that the Bronco will have a better all around ride then my Gladiator, but I am not going to commit to a Bronco until I drive it.
I am willing to wait.

Look at the youtube videos on driving in deep snow. Two foot of snow is going to be a challenge with either vehicle if you intend do do that on a regular basis.

On another note, you mentioned a utility trailer. I have not sat in a Bronco, but I would suspect it would be like the Jeep as far a sight line. You will not be able to see a small utility trailer in your rear view, and it is easy to forget it is there. Backing is a challenge even with the rearview camera.

Finally, my guess is you will be happy with either, but I am eager to give the Bronco a test.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am pretty much in the same camp. I truly expect that the Bronco will have a better all around ride then my Gladiator, but I am not going to commit to a Bronco until I drive it.
I am willing to wait.

Look at the youtube videos on driving in deep snow. Two foot of snow is going to be a challenge with either vehicle if you intend do do that on a regular basis.

On another note, you mentioned a utility trailer. I have not sat in a Bronco, but I would suspect it would be like the Jeep as far a sight line. You will not be able to see a small utility trailer in your rear view, and it is easy to forget it is there. Backing is a challenge even with the rearview camera.

Finally, my guess is you will be happy with either, but I am eager to give the Bronco a test.
How do you like the Gladiator? What did you drive before it? One benefit of the Gladiator is the roughly 7000 lb tow capacity.

I've got decades of experience pulling small trailers, both utility and boat. The utility trailer I have now has a roll up ramp on the back. So it is very easy to see and very easy to know where the corners are when the ramp is up. (an empty boat trailer is another story. but the trick there when backing is to fold the rear seat down and open the tailgate. )

The funny thing is my wife's Volvo wagon can actually tow more than the bronco will. (3300 lb US rating and 4400 lb in Europe). Its a great tow vehicle. 310 hp turbo 6, big brakes,

Ford Bronco Help a Novice figure out if he should do a reservation now? 42-6_the_xc70_not_your_mothers_volvo_00

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is key. Thanks. So with a priority 99, Ford gets back and asks for confirmation before its turned into an order.

This gives you the opportunity to possibly switch dealers, but most importantly tweak the order to add or remove items.

Right? Thanks again.
We’ve been able to switch dealers easily as long as it was *not* converted to an order (99 or otherwise). Orders that were converted without consent could be transferred, but that got a lot more difficult.

That said, not sure if Ford will remove the ability to change dealers. A couple of times they’ve announced extensions to change your dealer with a hard date. Not sure if their motivation was because they wanted to encourage people to settle on a dealer and place their order by then... and really they intend to let people transfer non-converted orders into the future... or whether they wanted to stop transfers all together eventually.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How do you like the Gladiator? What did you drive before it?

I've got decades of experience pulling small trailers, both utility and boat. The utility trailer I have now has a roll up ramp on the back. So it is very easy to see and very easy to know where the corners are when the ramp is up. (an empty boat trailer is another story. but the trick there when backing is to fold the rear seat down and open the tailgate. )

The funny thing is my wife's Volvo wagon can actually tow more than the bronco will. (3300 lb US rating and 4400 lb in Europe). Its a great tow vehicle. 310 hp turbo 6, big brakes,
Gladiator is great, but it is not a DD for me. This is my 8th Jeep, which I use a a third vehicle. I got the Gladiator to replace a 2016 JKU WW that had 10k miles on it when I traded it.

I am nearing retirement and in all honesty, I would not want to daily drive a Jeep because of the solid axle, but it is a blast as a pleasure vehicle. I am kind of hoping that the IFS on the Bronco will have better road manners so I can use it as a DD.

My current daily is a F150 that is more suitable as a DD.

P.S. You are not going to be able to open the Bronco tailgate while backing because of the spare tire hanging on the back

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi all,

As my wife and I enter a new stage in our lives, I was planning to get a Gladiator Mojave around the beginning of 2022.

The kids are older, we are thinking about retirement and will be building a home on a decent sized piece of land in rural northern NH. A pickup truck made sense. It didn't need to be a really serious pickup truck, but any truck would be fine.

Then I saw the Bronco and am thinking that maybe a utility trailer hooked to the back will be fine and I won't need a pickup truck. HA!!

( It does need to be capable of driving through a couple of feet of unplowed snow though. )

So here is the thing. I don't want to have to commit to buying until I've actually driven a bronco. If it doesn't drive on road any better than the Jeep, I'll get the jeep. But if it drives appreciably better on road, I'll get the Bronco.

So if I place a reservation now, what is anyone's best guess when I will have to commit to a purchase? Will it be well after June, when I'll be able to drive it?

Thanks. Sorry for the ignorance.

Don

p.s. With the long wheelbase and soft "desert rated" suspension, the Mojave actually rides really well. But coming out of a car, it handles really sloppy. And its a dog on the highway.
Don I can help u with a reservation & a wrangler order...dm me

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As long as you don’t convert the reservation to an order, you can change dealers. Once the reservation is converted to an order, you are locked to the dealer and cannot change without cancelling the order entirely or getting Ford corporate to intervene.

Having said that, you won’t find a local dealer that will match Tom Borah’s price. It’s the best in the nation right now, especially for higher-spec models. Deal with confidence. Tom (@DealerInsider) will take care of you.

FWIW, Tom is one of only two dealers at present who have committed to follow the Bronco Name Match Integrity Policy (see link below). This simply means if a customer backs out of an order, he will cancel it, rather that accept delivery and sell it as dealer stock with a huge mark-up. Therefore, your order moves up one spot in line, so you get your Bronco faster.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...the-bronco-name-match-integrity-policy.14209/
Thank u! Appreciate u!