Sponsored

Help before I make a wheel & tire mistake!

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Long time member but don’t post that often, especially anything on meaning or purpose.

ANY who, I have a 2dr OBX (non-sas) coming next week-ish with all the trimmings. (No SAS)

I have already seen some obx’s with Sasquatch tires on stock suspension and a couple with 35’s on stock suspension. I’ve seen some lifted on the site too. Anyways, let me throw this out there before I spend good money on this stuff.

Let me preface my question by saying, it will be doing 0-1% “off-roading.” Some rough ground every once in a while, no “trails” or rocks or whatever it is people do with this type of thing. By removing the crash bars can I call it good to go?

Ford Bronco Help before I make a wheel & tire mistake! 6E1691C7-4B29-4BE3-8859-B33367400493

method 702
17x8.5 0 offset 4.75” backspacing

complete info: https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/702-matte-black-1?variant=13608310767677

+

Ford Bronco Help before I make a wheel & tire mistake! 230D931B-A5DA-479B-9E2D-66B79B28EAA0

BFG KO2 LT315/70R17
more info:
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=17TR7KO2&tab=Sizes

So in summary, good to go?
Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The offset is the biggest factor to allow/hinder taller and wider tires. Without any lift, when you make one change or the other(taller/wider), you tend to have less fitment issues. There is a thread where a guy put those exact tires on an OB with the factory wheels. The factory wheels are 17x7.5 with a +55 offset. Your offset will push the wheels out farther by about 1.5 inches or so and increase the chance of bumper or fender rub. Just doing the leveling kit may completely alleviate this problem. That is all the advice I have for you. I am doing +18 offset with the factory tires until they wear out.

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The offset is the biggest factor to allow/hinder taller and wider tires. Without any lift, when you make one change or the other(taller/wider), you tend to have less fitment issues. There is a thread where a guy put those exact tires on an OB with the factory wheels. The factory wheels are 17x7.5 with a +55 offset. Your offset will push the wheels out farther by about 1.5 inches or so and increase the chance of bumper or fender rub. Just doing the leveling kit may completely alleviate this problem. That is all the advice I have for you. I am doing +18 offset with the factory tires until they wear out.
leveling kit has been thought about as well, something to reduce the rake of the vehicle.