Sponsored

Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands?

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues on my Badlands non SAS with 285/75R17 on +35mm offset Methods. Still have the crash bars installed, too. This picture was fully loaded for the Off Rodeo trip to Gunstock Mountain.
Have you flexed out the suspension fully yet? I'm looking at this exact wheel tire combo and rubbing in the upper wheel well it's my last concern.

Also what lug nuts did you end up going with?
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you flexed out the suspension fully yet? I'm looking at this exact wheel tire combo and rubbing in the upper wheel well it's my last concern.

Also what lug nuts did you end up going with?
No rubbing when stuffed on my Badlands, which has more flex than the stock OBX. I went with Gorilla ET lug nuts, same application as a 2021 Tacoma. The extended thread isn’t necessary, but I didn’t see a downside to more thread engagement.

Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? 40978850-A74D-4982-AC87-D89AB11E54C1
Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? C22DFFE5-1D68-40E9-8652-77A654F0CC18

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the Black Diamond and love it. First pic is right after I got it back from ceramic coat and tinting front windows. As others have said, it actually didn’t look bad with the factory tires/wheels. Looks better in person than in pictures.
I just added 0 offset Method 703s and kept the factory Black Diamond 32” tires. Because these wheels are 1.5” wider than factory steelies, it makes the tires look bigger. I’ll go to 285’s/33’s when it’s time for new tires, but I’m pretty happy with this look now. They honestly look more aggressive and bigger in person than they do here.

3798F94A-967D-474A-96DA-A0F60B5EFD5C.jpeg

67D19A3B-97D2-4BF5-B220-EFC336605860.jpeg

82E8ABAD-2E34-40BA-9BD5-B9BB6957B4E6.jpeg

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once you see the 32s in person I do think they look "right" on the BD. 33s look Ok but do look slightly stuffed. In order to have same proportions as stock Badlands with 33s you need somewhere between a 1/2"-1" lift due to Badlands having a diff suspension setup than BD. I deff wouldn't go over 33s when you consider room you need to flex/full lock. Just my .02 but it's silly to me when I see 35s on stock setups... sort of non functional other than driving on flat pavement... Which is completely counter intuitive to having 35s in the first place 🤦
I mean, I disagree, they don't look stuffed. These are Badlands optional wheel take offs on my non-sasq OBX and they look perfect.

OP same suspension on my OBX as your BD would have so if you can overlook the painted fender flares giving it a slightly different look, it will give you an idea of a direct swap of the 285/70R17 tires onto a standard suspension Bronco.

If BD is your budget, there is no need to try to stretch yourself up in trim levels if the BD is what was calling you. Tire/wheel upgrades are an easy upgrade you can save for and finding takeoffs is also a really financially viable option. Sasq & Badlands takeoffs are usually 12-1700$ for all 5. You can't beat that compared to going aftermarket.

Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? PXL_20230316_204321164-01-01-01

Sponsored
OP
OP
Atomic Betty

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with the Black Diamond and love it. First pic is right after I got it back from ceramic coat and tinting front windows. As others have said, it actually didn’t look bad with the factory tires/wheels. Looks better in person than in pictures.
I just added 0 offset Method 703s and kept the factory Black Diamond 32” tires. Because these wheels are 1.5” wider than factory steelies, it makes the tires look bigger. I’ll go to 285’s/33’s when it’s time for new tires, but I’m pretty happy with this look now. They honestly look more aggressive and bigger in person than they do here.

Ford Bronco Help - Black Diamond Bigger Wheels....how big can I go....or should I go Badlands? PXL_20230316_204321164-01-01-01

Gorgeous! Even 4 doors! I love the eruption green in person close up but wish it was brighter from a distance personally. I saw a Kelly green one somewhere (probably SEMA pics) with white wheels and was in love! I wish they would let us choose any color...at least not locking in colors to the highest trims (I think the LE yellow - I think its sandstone, and the code orange are beautiful). I know it was a really smart marketing idea to make so many trim levels and locking in options to specific ones so before you know it you've gone through multiple "oh but this one is just 2k more" and are dazed and confused how you're 20k+ more than you "wanted" to spend! Personally I think it was pretty crappy. I wish they had just done like 4 - a rugged/outdoorsy base, a mall crawler for those who just like it pretty, the heritage, and the raptor, and let anyone add any of the extra goodies and flavors they wanted!!!! But that's just me.....

OP
OP
Atomic Betty

Atomic Betty

Black Diamond
First Name
Abi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, I disagree, they don't look stuffed. These are Badlands optional wheel take offs on my non-sasq OBX and they look perfect.

OP same suspension on my OBX as your BD would have so if you can overlook the painted fender flares giving it a slightly different look, it will give you an idea of a direct swap of the 285/70R17 tires onto a standard suspension Bronco.

If BD is your budget, there is no need to try to stretch yourself up in trim levels if the BD is what was calling you. Tire/wheel upgrades are an easy upgrade you can save for and finding takeoffs is also a really financially viable option. Sasq & Badlands takeoffs are usually 12-1700$ for all 5. You can't beat that compared to going aftermarket.

Gorgeous! 4 doors and even the color I want!! Thanks! I do want the hard top, we'll see. I love those wheels :love: Its so helpful people are saying the factory wheels look better in person so I think I'll stick with it for now, and maybe get her some pretty new shoes for the summer/or winter. I should've asked that question too, for those who live with legit snow & ice, how do the tires do? I've always bought good snows for my cars and switched them out - a few k is much less than crashing!!!!

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No rubbing when stuffed on my Badlands, which has more flex than the stock OBX. I went with Gorilla ET lug nuts, same application as a 2021 Tacoma. The extended thread isn’t necessary, but I didn’t see a downside to more thread engagement.
Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

Totally didn't notice you had a badlands. From what I've seen from other members that have the base suspension I think I'm going to do it and deal with adding a small lift later if I run into issues. For the money 285/70r17 tires don't feel like an upgrade on paper in terms of ride height and sidewall gains from 255/70r18, which is why I'm looking at 285/75r17 tires

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

Totally didn't notice you had a badlands. From what I've seen from other members that have the base suspension I think I'm going to do it and deal with adding a small lift later if I run into issues. For the money 285/70r17 tires don't feel like an upgrade on paper in terms of ride height and sidewall gains from 255/70r18, which is why I'm looking at 285/75r17 tires
The base suspension has less wheel travel, so that should limit any clearance issues you might have. I still plan on doing a 1” level up front for aesthetics, but it’s fine as is and still handles great on road with the 285/75 tires. Keep in mind that my Badlands manual has 4.70 gearing that easily handles the tires. The base with automatic 3.73 gears can’t support as much tire as the other ratios. I haven’t kept up on what’s in the OBX.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base suspension has less wheel travel, so that should limit any clearance issues you might have. I still plan on doing a 1” level up front for aesthetics, but it’s fine as is and still handles great on road with the 285/75 tires. Keep in mind that my Badlands manual has 4.70 gearing that easily handles the tires. The base with automatic 3.73 gears can’t support as much tire as the other ratios. I haven’t kept up on what’s in the OBX.
It is dependent on whether the rear locker was optioned. The OBX with the rear locker has 4.27 rear differential gearing. Without the rear locker, it has the 3.37 open rear diff.
Sponsored