First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a customer that wants to switch his reservation from his current dealer to my dealership. He has called THREE TIMES with no luck! First time the person on the phone was an idiot and had to defer to her supervisor. Never called back. Second call, they were unable to refund the $100 deposit. Called again yesterday, they were having "system issues" and "couldn't do it". This is supposed to be a simple procedure or so I thought. Customer is frustrated. Our Ford dealer rep is no help. All she did was confirm the phone number.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the number off of the Ford website. (800) 392-3673

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they call the Ford number (not their dealer) they should get an experienced person who will ask for the dealership they'd like to transfer to and inform them that their deposit will be returned to them in about 3 days. It took me less than 10 mins (honestly could have been half that) from making the call to having my reservation changed and I didn't speak to the original dealership at all during the transfer. Good luck to your customer!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have to call Ford Marketing dept.
1-800-334-4375
I'm quoting and replying to amplify this.

CALL THE MARKETING DEPT

CALL THE MARKETING DEPT

CALL THE MARKETING DEPT

Call Ford at 800-334-4375.

Opt 1 English (or Option 2 Spanish)

Then take Opt 3, for Marketing.

From Ford's FAQ here:

Ford Bronco HELP!!! Customer having trouble switching reservation to another dealership 1608058961315

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there is a direct line.
1-800-867-5309

or this goes to the Ford Marketing Chat page here.

never give up. /s

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This....did it last Friday, no fuss, no muss.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a customer that wants to switch his reservation from his current dealer to my dealership. He has called THREE TIMES with no luck! First time the person on the phone was an idiot and had to defer to her supervisor. Never called back. Second call, they were unable to refund the $100 deposit. Called again yesterday, they were having "system issues" and "couldn't do it". This is supposed to be a simple procedure or so I thought. Customer is frustrated. Our Ford dealer rep is no help. All she did was confirm the phone number.

Any suggestions?
Your a Ford dealer and asking an online forum how to work with Ford?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have been told that only Ford can transfer a reservation and will only do so on a case by case basis with a good reason. Perhaps your customer should consider making a new order with you if they can't get anywhere with customer service.

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have been told that only Ford can transfer a reservation and will only do so on a case by case basis with a good reason. Perhaps your customer should consider making a new order with you if they can't get anywhere with customer service.
This would be a bad solution as making a new order would bump the person into 2023. I was able to switch dealers more than a year ago through a Ford corporate number, probably one of those given above. I told the rep that the original dealer had terrible ratings on Yelp and the dealer I wanted was highly recommended by a friend.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I requested a dealer change on October 15. I was told it would take 3-5 days. I am now in my ninth week of waiting. I have spent hours on the phone. I've joined Twitter to ask for help from Ford, Farley and Levine. I have tried everything possible. I even called again today. Two weeks ago I was assured it would be done in 1-2 weeks. Nope!! A supervisor will call me in "3-5 days". I actually laughed at the woman when she said that.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be a bad solution as making a new order would bump the person into 2023. I was able to switch dealers more than a year ago through a Ford corporate number, probably one of those given above. I told the rep that the original dealer had terrible ratings on Yelp and the dealer I wanted was highly recommended by a friend.
Ford restricted the ability to transfer dealers last fall. My guess is some dealers were loosing reservations to other dealers who offered a better deal.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be sure it is actually a reservation and not a reservation that has been converted to an order. Reservations can be switched, so far the amount of swaps Ford has allowed of an order is essentially zero per a thread dedicated to such things. There are a lot of folks here conflating the two (a reservation and a converted to order reservation), it is a totally different animal as far as transferring goes.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs