Sponsored

HELP.... Final order soon. BD vs BL for the last time.

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's up everyone! Super excited to be a part of the Bronco fam. I have done a ton of research on this and a few other websites comparing the two trims of Broncos. I am really trying to decide which route to go. I typically like my tech. I live at the beach so not much crazy trail riding but I do like to leave my doors and top off. Which has led to my question.... For budget reasons, I need to decide between a BD and sasquatch package with the mid tier tech. Or the Badlands non-sasquatch with the higher tech package. My gut says BL w/ tech, especially after seeing some of the 4WP outfittings of the Bronco i could do down the road.. Which would you guys do? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in almost the exact same conundrum, choosing between those two models. So my answer is, come join me in waiting for 2022! We'll get all the answers sorted by summer! (y)

OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in almost the exact same conundrum, choosing between those two models. So my answer is, come join me in waiting for 2022! We'll get all the answers sorted by summer! (y)
Not the worst advice I have ever gotten to be honest.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with Badlands at the end of the day mainly due to the fact I can get the lux package and also all of the off road features I want without having to get the Sasquatch package.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get non sas BL if you think you'd want the tech. Adding bigger tires later isn't a big deal with BL. Adding more tech (depending on what it is) to a BD will be a headache at a minimum and some will be an impossibility

OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Badlands at the end of the day mainly due to the fact I can get lux package and still get all of the off road features I want without having to get the Sasquatch package.
This is where my gut is going.... it's still fully capable w/o sas....

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it’s just the beach badlands
That doesn't make much sense. Wasn't Badlands built for rock crawling and trail riding?

edit: I'm not saying don't go with a Badlands, just that that line of logic doesn't really work.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That doesn't make much sense. Wasn't Badlands built for rock crawling and trail riding?
I think they mean, they don't need sas for their use, non sas is fine for them

I'm still lowkey mad I can't get lux at a lower model than obx. I hate the wheels and rubber for obx and the way mine is spec'd , the difference between the two is only like 2200 bucks. Once you factor in new wheels, the difference is practically nothing. And this is how I find myself ordering a BL despite having zero need for something so capable

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's up everyone! Super excited to be a part of the Bronco fam. I have done a ton of research on this and a few other websites comparing the two trims of Broncos. I am really trying to decide which route to go. I typically like my tech. I live at the beach so not much crazy trail riding but I do like to leave my doors and top off. Which has led to my question.... For budget reasons, I need to decide between a BD and sasquatch package with the mid tier tech. Or the Badlands non-sasquatch with the higher tech package. My gut says BL w/ tech, especially after seeing some of the 4WP outfittings of the Bronco i could do down the road.. Which would you guys do? Thanks in advance.
I would go with BL non-Squatch. If you decide you want bigger tires later, they are easy to add. However, if you decide you want a 12" screen, 360 degree camera, etc ... that's much more expensive to add later.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still lowkey mad I can't get lux at a lower model than obx. I hate the wheels and rubber for obx and the way mine is spec'd , the difference between the two is only like 2200 bucks. Once you factor in new wheels, the difference is practically nothing. And this is how I find myself ordering a BL despite having zero need for something so capable
I feel ya. As soon as I saw the wheels on the OBX I knew it was out for me.
Sponsored