Sponsored

HELP.... Final order soon. BD vs BL for the last time.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having this same dilemma. Isn't it expensive to change the gears if you ever want to move up to a 35"? My other two concerns are the MT on wet/snow pavement since it will be my daily driver too, and the 33" AT not really being able to go on trails.

I've seen posts that claim it's not a real MT, more of a hybrid so it should be fine. I've also seen posts claiming that brand of tire is awful. I've also seen a few people comment that 33" AT can do almost as much off road, but I have my doubts that is true. Of course, I am a newbie, so what do I know? Thoughts? Anyone?
33s are capable offroad in most conditions. Problem you will have is really just clearance when going over an obstacle. But there is only a 10mm ground clearance increase if you go to Sas, if I remember correctly. So IMO that's gonna only be an issue in the most rare and extreme conditions with you will not see if you are a newbie. I think you get the best of all worlds with the 33s unless you are a hardcore off road junkie lol. And those guys will want better gears and 37s. Those of us debating between 33s and 35s probably should just stick with the 33s. You can even put 33s on all the models and not change anything, so why stress. Stay in your budget and choose the trim that has the features you cant live without. for me that's (4dr, hard top, 2.7 - gotta go fast, MGV and mid package). So I am between BD and BL.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have my order in for a BL but most likely changing to a BD. The difference in builds is $6539. I am getting invoice pricing either way I go.

Badlands
2 dr / 2.7 / auto / high / floor liners = $51,402 with destination and CT sales tax (6.35%)

Black Diamond
2 dr / 2.7 / auto / mid / advanced 4x4 / floor liners = $44863 with destination and sales tax

I do not like the headlamps, grill or wheels on the BD. But I figure I will be able to get headlights and tail lights for probably under $1k after market and I am sure I will find someone to do a grill swap. Even if I have to do a lift to get 33” or 34” tires I would still be WAY ahead in a BD. As much as I REALLY want that 12” screen the bottom line is its not or worth the $6.5k to get there and it really does not have any other functionality than one extra visible panel. So Most likely it will be BD in the end.
You are not comparing apples to apples For 6.5 you are getting better front axle (?), front lockers, 12" Screen, and 360 Camera?

I know people have their limits, but getting all that plus the extra perks of being a higher trim.. totally worth it IMO.

I'd go without the High package and the BL before dropping down the a BD (which looses the high anyway).

Giving up High (again, you are losing it anyway with BL) drops 2.8 off so now you are talking only 3.7 difference. No brainier.