Sponsored

HELP.... Final order soon. BD vs BL for the last time.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Non sas is fine for everybody! (y)
Agreed, I sure as shit don't need it and I bet it's not needed for like 90% of the actual sasq's that get ordered if I go by the amount of rubicon's I see that have never left pavement.

But hey, everyone's entitled to do (or not do) whatever they want with their ride!
Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or you can split the two and go Outer Banks...
Just a thought

OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you can split the two and go Outer Banks...
Just a thought
I do like that trim... just love marine vinyl... which does irk me you can't get in the "beachy"- named trim.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do like that trim... just love marine vinyl... which does irk me you can't get in the "beachy"- named trim.
Yeah that is kinda weird but so are all the interior choices. I had the FE reserved but at the end of the day I really disliked both interior choices. Loaded out the OBX with the Roast interior (cloth no leather at the price they wanted) & CO exterior. All told only missing leather @ sway bar disconnect that I'd probably never use

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's up everyone! Super excited to be a part of the Bronco fam. I have done a ton of research on this and a few other websites comparing the two trims of Broncos. I am really trying to decide which route to go. I typically like my tech. I live at the beach so not much crazy trail riding but I do like to leave my doors and top off. Which has led to my question.... For budget reasons, I need to decide between a BD and sasquatch package with the mid tier tech. Or the Badlands non-sasquatch with the higher tech package. My gut says BL w/ tech, especially after seeing some of the 4WP outfittings of the Bronco i could do down the road.. Which would you guys do? Thanks in advance.
I was Black Diamond from the start, but for $4k more, I was able to get the signature LED headlights, high package with the bigger screen and more driving features along with the added sound deadening and 33" tires on the Badlands. When you're spending that much, what's $4k more, so I went with the Badlands.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vinyl seats and wash out rubberized flooring is a perfect fit for the beach. BL non Sasquatch, high/lux package would be the way I would go to meet your needs. I myself and squatching my BL with the high package. Yeah, probably shouldn’t do Sasquatch with the BL’s, but I don’t want to deal with adding aftermarket wheels/rims etc.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True but I have the Raptor for that ?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non sas is fine for everybody! (y)
Umm, correct. Tried every build. Need at least a rear locker for my Appalachian snow machine. Base Squatch is the best bang for my buck. So Non squatch would work, in a higher trim level but a higher price. We all are building them to suit our own needs/wants/gottahaves. I have no problem with folks who need/want/gottahave stuff I don't. Heated mirrors alone are a luxury I have never known. To each their own. Total respect for everyone else up in here...

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's up everyone! Super excited to be a part of the Bronco fam. I have done a ton of research on this and a few other websites comparing the two trims of Broncos. I am really trying to decide which route to go. I typically like my tech. I live at the beach so not much crazy trail riding but I do like to leave my doors and top off. Which has led to my question.... For budget reasons, I need to decide between a BD and sasquatch package with the mid tier tech. Or the Badlands non-sasquatch with the higher tech package. My gut says BL w/ tech, especially after seeing some of the 4WP outfittings of the Bronco i could do down the road.. Which would you guys do? Thanks in advance.

The sway disconnect on sand gonna ride like a cloud

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough choice. Keep in mind that you can always get bigger tires on all of these Broncos and still have an extremely capable off-road vehicle. Not so easy to add the tech later. If you dont care about gears 4.46 vs 4.7 (I dont) then going for the BL with the best tech package gives you the best vehicle for you to "grow into". If you dont care about the tech then get the BD with Sas and you'll love the look. But BL with 33's looks damn good IMO. Good luck on your decision...either way you'll love your Bronco if you get what YOU want!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I typically like my tech. I live at the beach so not much crazy trail riding but I do like to leave my doors and top off.

Which has led to my question.... For budget reasons, I need to decide between a BD and sasquatch package with the mid tier tech.

Or the Badlands non-sasquatch with the higher tech package. My gut says BL w/ tech, especially after seeing some of the 4WP outfittings of the Bronco i could do down the road.. Which would you guys do?
I've been down this road a million times as well (finally settled on a non-SAS BD, but reserve the right to change to BL at any moment). Here are my thoughts:

Why would you SAS a BD? What does SAS give you that you specifically need? I don't see a "normal" beach environment needing a front locker, just air down and go. I run my GC on Corolla with open diffs with no issues what so ever.

Are you going above a 35" tire? If not, then 4.7's don't buy you much either.

Do you need bead lock capable wheels? I'd say for your needs, no.

You can get Advanced 4x4 on BD so no issue there.

Within a few months, if not immediately, you'll be able to slap a small leveling kit on the front of a BD and run a 33" tire with a great stance.

I like the look of the "lower" end head and tail lights of the BD as compared to the BL.

A Non-SAS BL gives you a front locker (not "needed" and sway bar disco (highly desired)).

I'm not sure if the 210 vs. the 190 front axle makes much of a difference for "normal" folks.

I prefer the all black interior of the BL but then I lose the head/ tail lights that I like.

For me I was at the Mid package only, no reason to go higher so that was not in the equation. It was strictly a decision on if I want the two hero switches (front locker and sway bar disco)) that'll I'll probably never use. At about a $4400 difference it became clear that a Non-SAS BD was the better option for me based on my actual intended use case, not what I dream of doing but how I'll actually use the vehicle.

You did bring up the budget as a concern and did offer that you'd be ok with a BD so I'm throwing out a Non-SAS as BD as a pretty viable option for your stated use criteria.

I'll slap a leveling kit on it and go with 33's and ride off into the sunset in my BD. Well, at least until I change my order to a BL to get the two hero switches... LOL.

Best of luck to you!!

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tough choice. Keep in mind that you can always get bigger tires on all of these Broncos and still have an extremely capable off-road vehicle. Not so easy to add the tech later. If you dont care about gears 4.46 vs 4.7 (I dont) then going for the BL with the best tech package gives you the best vehicle for you to "grow into". If you dont care about the tech then get the BD with Sas and you'll love the look. But BL with 33's looks damn good IMO. Good luck on your decision...either way you'll love your Bronco if you get what YOU want!
I'm having this same dilemma. Isn't it expensive to change the gears if you ever want to move up to a 35"? My other two concerns are the MT on wet/snow pavement since it will be my daily driver too, and the 33" AT not really being able to go on trails.

I've seen posts that claim it's not a real MT, more of a hybrid so it should be fine. I've also seen posts claiming that brand of tire is awful. I've also seen a few people comment that 33" AT can do almost as much off road, but I have my doubts that is true. Of course, I am a newbie, so what do I know? Thoughts? Anyone?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had this same decision.

At it's core I asked myself, "self, are you going to do rock crawling and very hard core off roading". The answer was no.

BD was significantly cheaper, is still an EXTREMELY capable 4WD vehicle that will take me everywhere I need to go camping/hunting/mountain biking, and I was looking for more a no frills no bells and whistle ride.

I don't need mid, high, or lux. I sure as heck don't want a bigger screen (eyes on the road people). I have no need for the suspension/axle upgrades. So I saved myself 5-6K and went BD.
Sponsored