Redspringer

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I feel like Rip Van Winkle and just woke up. I just happened to stumble onto this forum and so glad that I did. I've been actually looking for a new F350 and sent out my build sheet to numerous dealers around here and none of them were very responsive. None would even discuss price, MSRP, invoice or anything. So that got me worried....and I realized that they still had not contacted me lately about my Bronco reservation as well. So sure as you would imagine, I find out that they've converted my reservation to an order (of course without my consent) and now I'm trying to reach the Sales Mgr to get some kind of confirmation on price. They give me the runaround for a few days....finally one of the sales reps says I'll be honest, of course we're going to mark up the price....probably like $6k - $8k. Good thing that I've read all 50-some pages of this happening to others on this forum. Super shady for these dealers to be doing this, but thankfully I have some time to hopefully move my reservation with Ford's assistance.

This is a long way of asking if anyone knows of a Texas dealership offering invoice pricing. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to freaking Iowa from Texas for two grand under invoice. I didn't have any luck with Houston area dealers at least. I think the dealership is still offering one grand under invoice.

Report that dealership!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I feel like Rip Van Winkle and just woke up. I just happened to stumble onto this forum and so glad that I did. I've been actually looking for a new F350 and sent out my build sheet to numerous dealers around here and none of them were very responsive. None would even discuss price, MSRP, invoice or anything. So that got me worried....and I realized that they still had not contacted me lately about my Bronco reservation as well. So sure as you would imagine, I find out that they've converted my reservation to an order (of course without my consent) and now I'm trying to reach the Sales Mgr to get some kind of confirmation on price. They give me the runaround for a few days....finally one of the sales reps says I'll be honest, of course we're going to mark up the price....probably like $6k - $8k. Good thing that I've read all 50-some pages of this happening to others on this forum. Super shady for these dealers to be doing this, but thankfully I have some time to hopefully move my reservation with Ford's assistance.

This is a long way of asking if anyone knows of a Texas dealership offering invoice pricing. Thanks in advance!
Road trip to Iowa?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redspringer

Redspringer

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm going to freaking Iowa from Texas for two grand under invoice. I didn't have any luck with Houston area dealers at least. I think the dealership is still offering one grand under invoice.

Report that dealership!
How does it work for the tag? Do they give you a dealer tag and then you come back to TX and pay your tag/taxes/etc?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anywhere is better than Amarillo! LOL.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
How does it work for the tag? Do they give you a dealer tag and then you come back to TX and pay your tag/taxes/etc?
I've contacted the tax assessor / Texas registration here and they said I'll pay the taxes when I register in Texas. However, it needs to be legal on the drive back. Iowa's registration isn't expensive, similar to Texas's. I think it was $75-$100. So I'll be out that. Sales tax is determined by selling price which helps a bit.
Just googled directions to Iowa....lol. $1k under invoice is at least a savings of $3k off MSRP, right?

Now trying to talk the wife into it....
Maybe if you're buying a loaded one. See attached. Mine is only $498 difference. $33,200-$32,702=$498 or 1.5%.

CFE5A93F-D000-4CDA-B3F1-E4EFC03B8856.jpeg

Edit: omg only the base claims no real mark up. I'm talking the four door! Ugh. Lucky bastards getting 1.5-2k off the higher trims.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Road trip to Iowa?
A lot of us are getting our Bronco's from Granger in Iowa. Thats what he means. Yes, it was 1300 under invoice with x plan, 1k without.....You can still get in on that deal. You need to have the dealership take it out of the system so you can call ford to switch. You'll be credited the 100 bucks you paid and then just work out the deposit with the new dealer you pick.
Yeah I wouldnt let them do that to you. these things are expensive enough as is without having to pay markups over msrp.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should have discussed price months ago and found a dealer. Lesson learned. I seriously hate dealers. This will probably be my last new car for a long time. Handshakes and written agreements doesn't mean anything to these scub bag dealers. I can't wait to leave them negative reviews everywhere I can.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall Sewell Ford in Odessa was offering a good deal early on, even offering to fly people out to take delivery. They have a presence here and have a good reputation last I saw.
As a first step, I'd see what they are currently offering.

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm driving back to Tucson from Granger. I will have to pay for plates and taxes in AZ when I get back. I was thinking Granger/Iowa will give you a paper temp tag to drive home on.....

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall Sewell Ford in Odessa was offering a good deal early on, even offering to fly people out to take delivery. They have a presence here and have a good reputation last I saw.
As a first step, I'd see what they are currently offering.
They're not offering anything under invoice at Sewell. But it is a pretty good dealership to go with. Almost my first choice.

missmel

Black Diamond
First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Matt Bowers in Metairie, Louisiana is offering 1k under invoice

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What date did you reserve your Bronco?
Sponsored