First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No offense but I dont run a multi million dollar auto parts distributing company that sells to all 50 states and Canada in cash lol. The website when you check out (LIITERALLY LIKE ANY WEBSITE YOU HAVE EVER BOUGHT STUFF OFF) have a card processor. Every transaction is either card paypal affirm. You think I got pre approved through my mortgage lender in cash? Bank would have really approved that. No its called tax returns
Not impugning your hard work making a living, just stating that the feds will definitely perk up once you say it was 75k CASH payment, since it's easier + more secure to transact cashless transactions of this magnitude, compared to the risks of hauling those crisps Benjamins to a vagabond; unless there are nefarious objectives on either party.

So, be prepared to be viewed with suspicions if you chat with them.
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not impugning your hard work making a living, just stating that the feds will definitely perk up once you say it was 75k CASH payment, since it's easier + more secure to transact cashless transactions of this magnitude, compared to the risks of hauling those crisps Benjamins to a vagabond; unless there are nefarious objectives on either party.

So, be prepared to be viewed with suspicions if you chat with them.
It is a good script for ABC whodunit though.

People ask why the feds want to digitize money? so people will not be able to just John Wayne there way with bags of cash to buy things to keep the tax man out of the loop....

not to say we should not have the right to buy things cash to settle private or public depts.

But there must some room to contemplate the ramifications of assets "that have titles" acquired with no questions asked.

Who knows if there is a lean on the SS number of the buyer or seller. Alimony, child support, back taxes etc..

people need to remember that laws are for people who have checking accounts...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
STORY:
I purchased a new ish ford bronco raptor (2023 model) off craigslist (March 27). About 10 days or so after purchase I realized I needed a truck (April 11).
Reads like you wanted to make a buck on a flip and got burnt. Sorry to hear you got jammed up OP. Let us know how it plays out.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the OP meant this to be a cautionary tale. Judging from the comments I’m not convinced anyone else would make this mistake.
Pretty much. Not true there was 20 people trying to buy it and flying in around the country. if it wasnt me it was for sure someone else. It was gonna go somewhere

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What you really want ford to be in here to ask the man to send them his fake vin?
Its on the OP lol its at a dealer its in processing with a few agency's its all wide open

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much. Not true there was 20 people trying to buy it and flying in around the country. if it wasnt me it was for sure someone else. It was gonna go somewhere
"According to the highly reputable seller..."

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Curious… could the damage by the headlight and front bumper have been due to it being stolen with a recently new tactic “headlight hacking”?
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/04/18/vehicle-headlight-can-bus-injection-theft-method-update/

As a cautionary tale the OP’s story has a lot of potential learning points for would be owners. Aside from the shock value of this tale, it’s terrifying how advanced car theft rings have become. if the Bronco Raptor is at risk of this new theft style I’d like to know. Especially BEFORE I unknowingly dangle it out there with a known security risk. I don’t know if they are or aren’t, and maybe I’m way too paranoid. But perhaps someone here knows if it’s a legit risk?

If it’s accessible via this tactic, that could make it the new hot target, like a Dodge Hellcat… they are catnip to car thieves.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the OP, I didn't read all of the posts so this may have been suggested already but you should check your business insurance. I know you planned to flip it but you mentioned initially hauling car parts so if you bought and registered it for business it's a business asset and would be covered under your biz insurance and you probably have fraud protection.
I read enough to see people giving you a hard time about "you should have known" etc but hindsight is 20/20 and other than the price I don't see flags. If this was 100k or a less popular vehicle, say a 20K Corolla I bet this scam would catch 95% of people because it was done by pros.
Good luck to ya.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Um, you seem to have your metaphors cross-threaded (at least I hope so):
Tough nut to crack.
Hard pill to swallow.
Nah, this was definitely a tough nut for OP to swallow

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious… could the damage by the headlight and front bumper have been due to it being stolen with a recently new tactic “headlight hacking”?
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/04/18/vehicle-headlight-can-bus-injection-theft-method-update/

As a cautionary tale the OP’s story has a lot of potential learning points for would be owners. Aside from the shock value of this tale, it’s terrifying how advanced car theft rings have become. if the Bronco Raptor is at risk of this new theft style I’d like to know. Especially BEFORE I unknowingly dangle it out there with a known security risk. I don’t know if they are or aren’t, and maybe I’m way too paranoid. But perhaps someone here knows if it’s a legit risk?

If it’s accessible via this tactic, that could make it the new hot target, like a Dodge Hellcat… they are catnip to car thieves.
You can get to the CAN at other connectors too, just have to do some research before hand to see what's easiest to get to. I would like to see if any Ford's have this deficiency since this could be a major issue especially for new vehicles on the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.