Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay im from ford we need you to go out and buy $5000 in gift cards we will log on to you computer remotely and in turn will give you $80000 that way you get your $75000 back just send dm and I give you number to call
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the OP meant this to be a cautionary tale. Judging from the comments I’m not convinced anyone else would make this mistake.
I'm going to take the OP's side for a minute here. He did the transaction in person at the MVD (DMV for out of state folks). MVD titled it. MVD also failed to notice the VIN had been tampered with. Obviously the MVD folks are not forensic experts...

But, that's what I would do on a deal that felt even a little bit sketchy, meet at the actual MVD for the paperwork. If the State Government says it's legit...

The actual lesson here is "don't buy a vehicle on an out of state title" unless it's from a friend or family.

kzimm

Outer Banks
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would start with the vin number you have must be a salvage bronco bought for parts. find out where it came from who owned it first.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... a guy needed to replace his old pick-up. He doesn't like to pay sales tax so he bought a stolen Bronco Raptor for under mkt value with cash from some guy, only to then take the Bronco a few days later to a dealer to trade for a new F150 (and then pay the sales tax anyway)
Not how it works in AZ.

No sales tax on a private sale. You buy my old Expedition for $5000 you don't pay sales tax. Buy one from a Dealer you pay 7.3-8.7% depending on the city. Price doesn't matter. Anything from a beater Corola to a sweet GT500.

When you trade a vehicle, you get to take the trade value as a deduction on the sales tax.

So, if you buy a truck for $70k and they give you $60k for your trade, you only pay taxes on $10k.
Trading in a Bronco Raptor on an F150 Raptor would have resulted in a minimal tax bill.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trade for sports car but needed truck for work??
Yeah, I didn't mention that part because he gets triggered easily with his own BS.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somebody catch me up. I'm not reading all this...

See when a daddy Bronco and and a mommy Bronco love each other very much ….

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is a wild ride, and Im not here to pass judgement lol. I will thank the OP for passing along the public service announcement though. It is a fact, there are a big number of Fords that went missing from the various "mountain" holding lots, Ford actually doesn't have a grasp on exactly how many are missing yet. The evidence here of stolen report generated in MI while this Bronco was on the west coast makes it likely one of the ones stolen from under Fords nose. Im guessing we haven't seen the last Craigslist caper.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does the VIN tag say that is under the hood? Did you check that one too? Do the Broncos have any stamped VINs or all stickers?

Also, that dude looks shady AF in the pics.
They should have vin stickers located on some of the other parts, I believe is saw them on the bumpers when I removed mine

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In short, professional thieves stole a Braptor and then got a vin# from an unsold matching one. They then fabricated new vin tags for the vehicle, a new window sticker and a new title to match the doner vin#.
OP purchased the stolen Braptor after confirming documents matched and going to the DMV WITH the seller and got a new title in his name. He then tried to trade it in for a F150 Raptor but in the mean time the doner Braptor sold so the double vin #'s tipped them off that it was actually stolen.
The OP came to this gracious forum for suggestions and was given 21 pages of hell including being accused of being in on the theft, a tax cheat and a moron.
Thieves have been around forever but 21 pages of attacking a victim makes me question humanity.
That's my take on it all.

You say. ^^^^ this like its a bad thing

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you and also sorry for you being dragged over the coals like this from our Bronco family. Good luck with getting some closure. I think the best advise I read here was you should have kept the truck after trade-in. It was then the dealer's issue.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not how it works in AZ.

No sales tax on a private sale. You buy my old Expedition for $5000 you don't pay sales tax. Buy one from a Dealer you pay 7.3-8.7% depending on the city. Price doesn't matter. Anything from a beater Corola to a sweet GT500.

When you trade a vehicle, you get to take the trade value as a deduction on the sales tax.

So, if you buy a truck for $70k and they give you $60k for your trade, you only pay taxes on $10k.
Trading in a Bronco Raptor on an F150 Raptor would have resulted in a minimal tax bill.
Thank you

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a cheap commuter car for my daughter years ago... I asked the dealer if I could pay in cash, he said "Only drug dealers pay for cars with cash".
Wow!! So I’ve been a drug dealer all this time and didn’t even know it!!
Ford Bronco Help: I purchased a factory stolen Bronco Raptor and had no idea 1683064495805
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.