First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please help! my bronco went into production 1/19 with delivery 2/16, I sold my car and just checked my bronco order last night and saw it was pushed back by 3 months! 05/17/2022. Is there anything I can do? my husbands looking online and found my same model/everything for sale locally. States 1/12 production date (Which was my original production date) Are they selling bronco's right from underneath? Does anyone have any advice?
Bend over and feel Ford's love and pray that the deal doesn't get worse. BTDT, Dirt Mountain veteran.

i-am-altering-the-schedule-pray-i-dont-alter-it-any-further.jpg

There's not much else that you can do.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please help! my bronco went into production 1/19 with delivery 2/16, I sold my car and just checked my bronco order last night and saw it was pushed back by 3 months! 05/17/2022. Is there anything I can do? my husbands looking online and found my same model/everything for sale locally. States 1/12 production date (Which was my original production date) Are they selling bronco's right from underneath? Does anyone have any advice?
No, if you are using your VIn to look, your dealer will automatically be listing your vehicle when the Vin produces so they look like they have stock and technically the dealer owns it until which time they sell it to you, but they are not selling it from underneath you. Just a standard practice. All that being said, as other people have said, 100's of you were bumped on here until May and June. Do a search for "chips" or "Bad Chips".

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have your vin number from your build go look at the local one. If it’s everything you want but it as long as there OSS not a huge amount added to the price tag.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, believing Ford on anything Bronco related (schedule/production/build order/really anything actually), is a recipe for getting forked.

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably the best thing you can do at this point is buy another used car to replace the one that you sold. This time, hang on to it until you are in actual physical possession of the new Bronco.

Try to mitigate your losses as much as possible by buying the most basic and inexpensive transportation possible; like a Nissan Versa, for example.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing happened to me. I borrowed my dad’s truck for what was going to be 3 weeks and turned into 5 months. Hope your luck is better! If I had to do it again, I might have bought a gap car.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t understand why so many people are suggesting to buy a temporary car when the exact bronco she wants is available locally. Try negotiating on that one first, then move on to plan B if it doesn’t work out. Even when her order does come in, who’s to say they won’t jack her with adm on her own bronco? If prematurely selling her vehicle is gonna cost her some extra money anyway, just pay a little more and get the truck that you obviously want.

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might look at taking over someone’s short term lease. My sister did that once as a gap filler.

Sponsored

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whatever cost is incurred (assuming you lose a bit by buying another vehicle until the bronco arrives) is sadly a decent lesson on doing a modicum of research before hastily making a vehicle sales decision. In no universe should you have trusted your bronco to arrive on schedule. Every bit of data, available with a few quick online searches or even some conversations with your dealer, suggest a massive likelihood of delays, due to shipping, chip or other shortages/constraints, or just Ford doing its best failed rollout thing.

So, it’s sadly a lesson that has been learned by too many on here the hard way.

Source: Day 2 reservation holder with no bronco in the driveway

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel your pain. My trade in got stolen two weeks ago at the Denver airport. I could have sold it for close to $30,000. Now Ill be lucky to get 20 from insurance. I think Ill buy a POS and just keep waiting.....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same thing last summer. Just rip off the bandaid and go buy another temporary car tomorrow.

Mommyrocker

Black Diamond
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki Vulcan 650
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Sold my car last day of December. Hoping to get the bronco within 6 months so I get my tax credit on the sale of my car. Borrowing my boyfriends car until it’s warm enough to ride my motorcycle.….witch in St. Louis could be another 2-3 months. No telling anymore. So excited for my bronco but this will be my first and last Ford. The chip stuff and the crazy can’t alway be helped. But the complete lack of communication so people can plan accordingly is inexcusable imho.

I feel for those babying cars along or having to figure out leases. It sucks.
Sponsored