First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My @ORACLE Lighting O- B R O N C O -O grill letters are arriving this weekend and hope to get them installed too. That said, I'm struggling with where is the best place to get power. There are PROs and CONs to each power point but I'm looking for each of you to help me decide where to power these and WHY you feel one location is better than the others. The locations I can think of are:

1) Upfitter AUX switch
2) Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
3) Parking Lights
4) Are there others?

Pick your option in the poll and REPLY TO POST to tell me WHY one power point is better than the others or WHY other power points are worse? Hope you all enjoy replying to this post!
Sponsored

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wired my Oracle letter lights to my aux switch. There is no right or wrong answer here, it's just a matter of personal preference. For me, I have six AUX switches so why not use them. Btw, you will LOVE them!

IMG-7598.jpg

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you plan to use the other Aux switches on?

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you plan to use the other Aux switches on?
I have switches available. That’s not the issue. I just want to hear peoples reason for using one source vs another. For example “don’t use parking lights because they are always on 100% of the time day or night”.

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wired my Oracle letter lights to my aux switch. There is no right or wrong answer here, it's just a matter of personal preference. For me, I have six AUX switches so why not use them. Btw, you will LOVE them!

Ford Bronco HELP ME DECIDE: Oracle BRONCO grill letters, power options IMG-7598
Thanks. I suppose one reason for AUX switches is I can leave the switch on and they will always be on. Day or night. Or I can choose to turn off when I want. Vs DRL which are only on when DRLs are on and will turn off when headlights turn off?

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have switches available. That’s not the issue. I just want to hear peoples reason for using one source vs another. For example “don’t use parking lights because they are always on 100% of the time day or night”.
I think the question is the answer. How do you plan to use your 6 Switches?

If you have a reason not to control the grill lights, then I’d assume it has something to do with the use of your switches

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on getting these after I get my Bronco. I would say up fitters if you have one available. If you end up running more lights in the future that you want to use the up fitters for, moving the letters to another source shouldn't be to difficult.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I suppose one reason for AUX switches is I can leave the switch on and they will always be on. Day or night. Or I can choose to turn off when I want. Vs DRL which are only on when DRLs are on and will turn off when headlights turn off?
Exactly. I keep the switch on all the time but like the option to turn them off for whatever reason.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My @ORACLE Lighting O- B R O N C O -O grill letters are arriving this weekend and hope to get them installed too. That said, I'm struggling with where is the best place to get power. There are PROs and CONs to each power point but I'm looking for each of you to help me decide where to power these and WHY you feel one location is better than the others. The locations I can think of are:

1) Upfitter AUX switch
3) Parking Lights
4) Are there others?

Pick your option in the poll and REPLY TO POST to tell me WHY one power point is better than the others or WHY other power points are worse? Hope you all enjoy replying to this post!
I tied my into the headlight power. Lights on = letters on... Only

Who needs them on in the day time(?).

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1) Upfitter AUX switch
3) Parking Lights
4) Are there others?

I’m planning on using the aux switches for my a fog lights and grill lights. But it’s really just personal preference and whether you have any other plans for the aux switches.

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tied my into the headlight power. Lights on = letters on... Only

Who needs them on in the day time(?).
I guess when you go to meetups like cars and coffee and want to show them off without the car running its a nice option?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received mine yesterday, and plan to use Aux 6. I don't want them on all the time, or nearly as much as my DRLs or Parking lights are used. I'll be pretty much reserving them for night use, so I figured switched is best for me. That will also allow them to be switched on with all other lights off, in ACC mode, for show sometimes when parked.

Last edited:

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco HELP ME DECIDE: Oracle BRONCO grill letters, power options B35328E4-C2E2-4E34-9E24-0BEB5F643DB5
Are Aux Switches always hot or only when ignition is on?

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks