Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look I know I'm going to catch a lot of crap for the information I am about to provide. But if you can find it in your heart to see past that I would very much like some help as I don't know much about wheels and tires in general.

I know what I am. My Bronco will be an island cruiser/ mall crawler. I'm a father of 2 kids (8 and 2) of which I am the primary caregiver.

I have a 4 door Outer Banks Shadow Black soft top on order. Day 2 reservation so fingers crossed. I want to black the Bronco out with a satin wrap and black wheels. I would prefer a satin finish on the wheels with no machined or chrome accents. I am going to put a 2" level lift on so I can get 35" tires. I would prefer 20" wheels and 35" tires that don't stick out past the Outer Banks fender flare. I live in Florida and it rains, like a lot and often. I don't want water getting thrown up on me and the kids every time the is a 10 minute rain.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Outlaw IIs or Welds and Boggers is really the only choice. Hey you said Island cruiser. Thats what the mall bros do in Hawaii!

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main dimension you need to keep in mind when wheel shopping is the offset. The range that will stay mostly under the stock flares will be +18 to +55 (factory). As an example, +30 offset sas wheels have a bit of tire sidewall poking out from under the small flares. Don't go with any lower number, (like +0) as that will have half the tire sticking out.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The main dimension you need to keep in mind when wheel shopping is the offset. The range that will stay mostly under the stock flares will be +18 to +55 (factory). As an example, +30 offset sas wheels have a bit of tire sidewall poking out from under the small flares. Don't go with any lower number, (like +0) as that will have half the tire sticking out.

Not quite half the tire - I think it is about 1 or 2" at most on that standard size flare.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s easy it’s your money get what you want

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look I know I'm going to catch a lot of crap for the information I am about to provide. But if you can find it in your heart to see past that I would very much like some help as I don't know much about wheels and tires in general.

I know what I am. My Bronco will be an island cruiser/ mall crawler. I'm a father of 2 kids (8 and 2) of which I am the primary caregiver.

I have a 4 door Outer Banks Shadow Black soft top on order. Day 2 reservation so fingers crossed. I want to black the Bronco out with a satin wrap and black wheels. I would prefer a satin finish on the wheels with no machined or chrome accents. I am going to put a 2" level lift on so I can get 35" tires. I would prefer 20" wheels and 35" tires that don't stick out past the Outer Banks fender flare. I live in Florida and it rains, like a lot and often. I don't want water getting thrown up on me and the kids every time the is a 10 minute rain.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Why 35"s if it's gonna be a mall crawler? That will cost you 1-1.5 mpg over your stock tires

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nitto Ridge Grapplers are definitely a killer looking tire, as are Cooper ST Maxx … for 20” wheels, Fuel, KMC, and Black Rhino all have amazing matte black or machined black options.

OP
OP
BroncoScott

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoScott

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nitto Ridge Grapplers are definitely a killer looking tire, as are Cooper ST Maxx … for 20” wheels, Fuel, KMC, and Black Rhino all have amazing matte black or machined black options.
Thank you sir. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you sir. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Ridge Grapplers are my tire of choice. Own set on F350. Great tire. But….if you’re in FL with no snow and rig won’t leave pavement, imho it’s overkill. It’s an aggressive tread design. Looks great, but sounds like you need a more conventional all terrain tire. Maybe BF’s, Terra Grappler, or Toyo open country.

My .02

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mainly just because of the look.
If you are sure about keeping it as a street rig for just the look, simply remove your front and rear crash bars and mount a set of 37 X 12.50 tires on 17 x 8 rims with a 35mm offset. This will just give you enough room with minimal rubbing.

Keep in mind it's a tight fit but they will tuck in really good. If you want to insure there is no rubbing stick with the 35 X 12.50 tire. You will still have to remove the crash bars though, Not a big deal. Ford engineers were pretty clever by making them easily removable. In the Sasquach package rig they are left deleted for clearance during production.

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
35s on 18" rims. 20s are too much

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a big fan of the RTR tech 6 wheels. That's really all I have to add. It sounds like tire choice for you really just comes down to the look you're going for, but those tech 6 wheels will help get you there I think.

Ford Bronco Help Me Make the Right Wheel and Tire Choice tech6_satinblack_white

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What axle did you get?

The 3.73 axle ratio is definitely the right choice for mall crawling, but if you are sticking 35" tires on it... you might be losing a lot of "get-up-and-go" with a 3.73 ratio.
Sponsored