toodlesmalone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi team. Long time lurker, first time poster. ?

I'm changing my mind daily and need some help. I know not everyone will like my choices, but let's try to stay positive. I am not an expert on modifications by any means, and therefore have some questions below. Thanks for taking the time to read.

I waffle between all of the following and will just share my thoughts on each. In general, I like the idea of a contrasted interior with some brown and have become spoiled to a point where I can't live without a sub woofer.

BB
I love this because I am from Texas, but I'd want to add slightly bigger tires, after market leather seats, and a sub woofer.
  • Do we know if the BB (or BD or OBX) could handle the 33" ATs (or something similar) that come with the BL without major modifications?
  • Do we know if a sub woofer can be added aftermarket out of the way, I would hope in the spot it comes with the Lux package?
  • Anyone have experience with aftermarket leather? Is it as nicely done as factory seating? What's the ballpark cost?
BD
Although, I prefer a black/brown interior, I like the contrast and MGV.
Here I'd also add a sub and bigger tires if that's an option without major modifications.

OBX
What tire upgrade options are available?

BL
Minus the all black interior (too hot in Texas), it's perfect except I want the auto/2.7, which leads me to...

WT
I actually like the leather interior on this one and I would get the Lux package to cover the sub woofer.
My only concern is how loud the mud tires would be. Any thoughts on this? Do we think the sound-deadening would negate this concern?
For a daily driver, I know it's overkill and a bit pricey, but I'm still considering.

Thanks everyone. ?
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm changing my mind daily and need some help. I know not everyone will like my choices, but let's try to stay positive. I am not an expert on modifications by any means, and therefore have some questions below. Thanks for taking the time to read.

I waffle between all of the following and will just share my thoughts on each. In general, I like the idea of a contrasted interior with some brown and have become spoiled to a point where I can't live without a sub woofer.

BB
I love this because I am from Texas, but I'd want to add slightly bigger tires, after market leather seats, and a sub woofer.
  • Do we know if the BB (or BD or OBX) could handle the 33" ATs (or something similar) that come with the BL without major modifications?
  • Do we know if a sub woofer can be added aftermarket out of the way, I would hope in the spot it comes with the Lux package?
  • Anyone have experience with aftermarket leather? Is it as nicely done as factory seating? What's the ballpark cost?
BD
Here I'd also add a sub and bigger tires if that's an option without major modifications.

OBX

BL
Minus the all black interior (too hot in Texas), it's perfect except I want the auto/2.7, which leads me to...

WT
I actually like the leather interior on this one and I would get the Lux package to cover the sub woofer.
My only concern is how loud the mud tires would be. Any thoughts on this? Do we think the sound-deadening would negate this concern?
For a daily driver, I know it's overkill and a bit pricey, but I'm still considering.

Thanks everyone. ?
You might want to read through the various discussions by trim, I think most of it is covered in detail. I think most of the questions are pretty personal preference based and or unknown until we get to drive the various models and options. The struggle to decide is real!!!!!

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To answer a couple of your questions.
Adding leather is easily done. Many shops are happy to do it and it can be done yourself with few tools, no experience, and a healthy amount of faith and confidence. Katzkin makes amazing kits and you can go from mild to wild with the options they offer. I believe they also offer the option to install heat, ventilation, or even cooling (through use of a TED). Check them out for sure.

Wanting a subwoofer shouldn’t force you into a package unless you find value in the other options. I would consider adding on a sub & amp combo. Will sound very good, be better quality than OEM, and will be far less than the jump from High to Lux.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recall seeing stuff about changing to 33s on lowers trims, you might have to do some searching on the forums to see what people are saying.
As for subwoofer, I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with something specific for the Bronco, similar to aftermarket subs specific for Wranglers.

I personally work for an interior shop that installs aftermarket leather into brand new cars & trucks. In my experience the quality of the interior is more to do with the install, I would suggest finding a reputable interior shop near you to do the work. Most aftermarket leathers meet or exceed OEM specifications. Check out Katzkin, they're one of the biggest/most well known manufacturers and they work with automakers including Ford.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BB
BD

OBX

BL

WT

Thanks everyone. ?
Come to the wild side, the wildtrak side
Wanting a subwoofer shouldn’t force you into a package unless you find value in the other options. I would consider adding on a sub & amp combo. Will sound very good, be better quality than OEM, and will be far less than the jump from High to Lux.
This is good advice

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base

BB
BD

OBX

BL

WT

Thanks everyone. ?
Brother, with all the threads, quotes and opinions I'm just as frustrated. I plan on getting with a base model with a V6 so I can upgrade over time from mild to a off-road hulk possible. When you sit down or email the dealer at order time, the Bronco that will allow you to expanded, upgrade and enjoy all that the great Texas outdoors has to offer.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Join the crowd. There are some that know exactly what they want and haven’t varied. Others change as needed. I started out as Big Bend but realized with the help of the forum, there wasn’t enough added value with the Big Bend compared to Base with Squatch. So BaseManSquatch it was until the delivery concerns and my current vehicle slow demise starting to pick up speed. So now I’m firmly in the Badlands camp as nothing I want with that combination is currently late delivery. As things get closer to ordering and hopefully changes, corrections and updates to B&P, I lock in for sure. In any case, I don’t think any models will disappoint.

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you go with a Big Bend 2.7 Automatic, you can specify a 4.27:1 locking rear axle, replacing the stock 3.73:1 That would help a bit when you up-size the tires from 32" to 33". The optional Medium Sandstone cloth seats might offer some of the contrast you're looking for on the interior.

Ford Bronco Help me make up my damn mind! 1608494738714

Last edited:

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

go WT + LUX if you can afford it...KISS ( Keep It Simple Simon)principle for factory and dealer...find a tire dealer ( Discount Tires?) that will buy your "take offs" and give you credit for something on the quiet side ( Continentals Terrain Contact A/T LT315 /70 R17 121S E2 BSW ) if need be...I'm going WT + High, but need that damn white top and cloth seats...the asphalt melts here in the summertime in the land of lost wages...the rest of my mods I'll do aftermarket ....hth

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have the budget, then go big with the Wildtrack. Otherwise I feel the Big Bend is a great value with lockers and make it your own.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would pick Badlands with MGV, Lux and squatch package or WT with Leather.

But If I lived in Texas and had to choose - BL all the way.
Sponsored