Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Help me spec my aftermarket build - 4Dr BL Squatch D2AFA1F5-3B9D-4CF4-95A4-4B6494EBFF69

I just received a build date of 9/27 - I am expecting that will get pushed back and that even if built on that date, I will be lucky to see it by xmas. that said, gotta start the plan.
I have a built Jeep I gave to my daughter recently and am driving a lifted mini (pic below) until this comes in. I drive in suburban NY and central Vermont where we explore some pretty gnarly Cat4 roads in search of great roads to ride bikes on, so the offroad implications are real.

Looking for input and comments on the various components below. - thanks in advance!

I have a badlands 4Dr, Antimatter blue, squatch, lux package. I deleted the MIC and tow package and got my build date in a few days. I will deal with a HT when both the Ford and aftermarket products are available to evaluate. Btw, the antimatter blue in person is incredible, I had a similar color audi and it just popped in various light conditions. On paper I was getting area 51 until I saw them both in person side by side.

Wheels/tires - I think the 2Dr looks great on the 35s, I originally wanted a 4dr, with 2 dogs and lots of gear hauling, the Mrs convinced me to go 4dr. I think the 4dr proportions look better on 37s. I was thinking of no squatch, but I wanted the locking diffs. what lift kit does one need for this? I am assuming lifting it to 4" is not adding to the squatch, it's essentially starting over? so a set of coilovers and upper control arms?
Wheels, will be a gloss black, I used the configurator on interactivegarage.com and popped on a set of Fuels, focus on keeping rotational weight low, looks like 27-28lbs is about lowest for this size wheel. not yet sure what tires will go on it .

Front bumper -
options are starting to pop on the market, I'd like to keep the parking sensors in play, so that may limit things, prefer all black, needs to have a winch and ideally not block the forward camera, I'd prefer not to have a brush bar. yes, I have used the winch, been in a couple of ditches on approaches to backcountry skiing that I've pulled myself out of. Ability to add a couple of lights in the bumper would be helpful.The one in the pic is a Warn.

Rear bumper -
prefer one with a swing away tire carrier. I had one on the jeep that integrated with the door, so you just used the door handle to open and close both the tailgate & carrier together. Again, parking sensors are an item, needs to have a hitch receiver for bike rack. Have only seen one swing away one posted so far.

Sliders/steps - Need a simple looking choice, that also functions as a step, I am only 5'7 and she's 5'2.

Light bar - don't like bars so much as I like individual lights, the RTR demo truck with 5 large rounds looked good, but that's a lot of drag on the highway, thinking the linkable Baja designs and others are the way to go for this one. Do I use it? often return from backcountry skiing to car at, or after dark, so in January when it's dark at 4:15, yes.

BYOD bar - these are coming out, will pick one.
CB radio - how useful? haven't really used one in many years

Engine Mods- Haven't really thought that I need any, but open to suggestions
  • Chip?
  • cold air intake?
  • exhaust?
  • Downpipes?
  • intercooler?
other considerations:
Trunk vault
folding table on inside of tailgate
skid plates - I am assuming what's provided isn't enough protection

my current vehicle until the Bronco arrives-

Ford Bronco Help me spec my aftermarket build - 4Dr BL Squatch Mini Lifted
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I get wanting the bigger tires, yet I bet the Bronco will do everything you want it to with the tires it comes with. Is it just a looks thing? Also, why do you want to change the front and rear bumpers? Just don't like them? Want the Bronco to look much more beefy and modified? How much of your motivation is to make it look the way you want it, and how much is for better performance? I understand either way, just wonder what your motivation is.

I'm still waiting for more manufacturers to actually come out with product, quite a few are still in development, for both bumpers and lift kits. 4WP's has a decent combo side step/rock rail, seems beefy enough. I will be getting the Rock Slide Engineering rock sliders with the drop down step, so my wife can get into the Bronco.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Help me spec my aftermarket build - 4Dr BL Squatch Mini Lifted
Man, you’re just wasting your time trying to upgrade the Bronco. It will likely never do what want it to do. You should just slap 40s on the lifted mini and be done with it. 😉

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is one Bad-Ass looking Mini. Looks like it's ready for Baja

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Help me spec my aftermarket build - 4Dr BL Squatch 1630816435320

This is a cool list, but man is it going to be expensive.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as rear bumpers go, the four wheel parts option is the best by far in my opinion. It‘s a body width, tube metal combo. Quite low profile as well so it won’t affect your departure angle negatively. I also like the four wheel parts front bumper, but like you I don’t want the big safari bar hoop. If they would make a version of that bumper without the brush bar I could see myself buying it.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I was thinking of no squatch, but I wanted the locking diffs. what lift kit does one need for this?
You realize that the badlands comes with locking diffs WITHOUT needing to "squatch" ? And the lift with the "squatch" isn't really enough for 37s (some say yes, some say no, but it will lose the travel its supposed to have).

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received a build date of 9/27 - I am expecting that will get pushed back and that even if built on that date, I will be lucky to see it by xmas. that said, gotta start the plan.
I have a built Jeep I gave to my daughter recently and am driving a lifted mini (pic below) until this comes in. I drive in suburban NY and central Vermont where we explore some pretty gnarly Cat4 roads in search of great roads to ride bikes on, so the offroad implications are real.

Looking for input and comments on the various components below. - thanks in advance!

I have a badlands 4Dr, Antimatter blue, squatch, lux package. I deleted the MIC and tow package and got my build date in a few days. I will deal with a HT when both the Ford and aftermarket products are available to evaluate. Btw, the antimatter blue in person is incredible, I had a similar color audi and it just popped in various light conditions. On paper I was getting area 51 until I saw them both in person side by side.

Wheels/tires - I think the 2Dr looks great on the 35s, I originally wanted a 4dr, with 2 dogs and lots of gear hauling, the Mrs convinced me to go 4dr. I think the 4dr proportions look better on 37s. I was thinking of no squatch, but I wanted the locking diffs. what lift kit does one need for this? I am assuming lifting it to 4" is not adding to the squatch, it's essentially starting over? so a set of coilovers and upper control arms?
Wheels, will be a gloss black, I used the configurator on interactivegarage.com and popped on a set of Fuels, focus on keeping rotational weight low, looks like 27-28lbs is about lowest for this size wheel. not yet sure what tires will go on it .

Front bumper -
options are starting to pop on the market, I'd like to keep the parking sensors in play, so that may limit things, prefer all black, needs to have a winch and ideally not block the forward camera, I'd prefer not to have a brush bar. yes, I have used the winch, been in a couple of ditches on approaches to backcountry skiing that I've pulled myself out of. Ability to add a couple of lights in the bumper would be helpful.The one in the pic is a Warn.

Rear bumper -
prefer one with a swing away tire carrier. I had one on the jeep that integrated with the door, so you just used the door handle to open and close both the tailgate & carrier together. Again, parking sensors are an item, needs to have a hitch receiver for bike rack. Have only seen one swing away one posted so far.

Sliders/steps - Need a simple looking choice, that also functions as a step, I am only 5'7 and she's 5'2.

Light bar - don't like bars so much as I like individual lights, the RTR demo truck with 5 large rounds looked good, but that's a lot of drag on the highway, thinking the linkable Baja designs and others are the way to go for this one. Do I use it? often return from backcountry skiing to car at, or after dark, so in January when it's dark at 4:15, yes.

BYOD bar - these are coming out, will pick one.
CB radio - how useful? haven't really used one in many years

Engine Mods- Haven't really thought that I need any, but open to suggestions
  • Chip?
  • cold air intake?
  • exhaust?
  • Downpipes?
  • intercooler?
other considerations:
Trunk vault
folding table on inside of tailgate
skid plates - I am assuming what's provided isn't enough protection

Nah. Keep that Mini.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You realize that the badlands comes with locking diffs WITHOUT needing to "squatch" ? And the lift with the "squatch" isn't really enough for 37s (some say yes, some say no, but it will lose the travel its supposed to have).
yes, aware of this, trying to remember why this was an issue. The squatch on the BL has to be more than the standard lift, wheels & tires? also, now that I have a build date, sorta hard to change. I figure I should be able to sell the wheels/ tires if I make that change right away.

Edit - just looked it up - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tch-badlands-sasquatch-comparison-chart.2762/

it's about the various features that come, trail turn assist, trail control and the drive ratio. Numerous forums here have said that if you are going to do real offroad, it's worth the $ for these things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they would make a version of that bumper without the brush bar I could see myself buying it.
there are a lot more bumpers coming. Perhaps we should both email 4WP separately requesting the option...

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get wanting the bigger tires, yet I bet the Bronco will do everything you want it to with the tires it comes with. Is it just a looks thing? Also, why do you want to change the front and rear bumpers? Just don't like them? Want the Bronco to look much more beefy and modified? How much of your motivation is to make it look the way you want it, and how much is for better performance? I understand either way, just wonder what your motivation is.

I'm still waiting for more manufacturers to actually come out with product, quite a few are still in development, for both bumpers and lift kits. 4WP's has a decent combo side step/rock rail, seems beefy enough. I will be getting the Rock Slide Engineering rock sliders with the drop down step, so my wife can get into the Bronco.
agree there is a lot more coming, part of why I am sticking with the squatch for 6months to a year the way it is.
as for desire, cars ARE an emotional purchase, we all like certain things about them, else we wouldn't be car/truck people.

Front bumper, I don't like the look of the front bumper with winch avail from Ford. I would only do the rear bumper if I get 37s, I think we're going to find in time that the rear door is burdened by large tires.

that slider you are speaking of is very cool, still waiting to see what else comes. I think moving parts will get compromised by NE winter salt.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

yes, aware of this, trying to remember why this was an issue. The squatch on the BL has to be more than the standard lift, wheels & tires? also, now that I have a build date, sorta hard to change. I figure I should be able to sell the wheels/ tires if I make that change right away.

Edit - just looked it up - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tch-badlands-sasquatch-comparison-chart.2762/

it's about the various features that come, trail turn assist, trail control and the drive ratio. Numerous forums here have said that if you are going to do real offroad, it's worth the $ for these things.
Trail turn comes on all automatics, trail control on all 2.7s. The ratio is probably the best point. Also you won't have trouble selling the 35s (probably $1500 or so).

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

me too, is there a price on them yet?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While watching the Rock Sliderpower board installation tape, I noticed that the sensor that determines when the boards need to deploy is in the door jam. My concern is whether they can resist moisture, rain, etc. in that position with doors off.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mini Lifted.jpeg
That is one Bad-Ass looking Mini. Looks like it's ready for Baja
Going back to the OP’s lifted MINI Cooper S for a moment, knowing more about the current daily driver (“Pepe”) will help inform others attempting to offer suggestions about build modifications for the new Bronco.

@GreenMtnBronco, did you buy Pepe from Johnny Lange (UtahJohnnyL) off of Bring a Trailer back in May, or did you buy it off of someone else who bought it from Johnny?

Pepe was a cool little novelty project that Johnny cooked up, but it is definitely more form-over-function, intended to be a head-turner and conversation-starter for the Cars and Coffee scene.

For example, the lights are cheap eBay add-ons, the snorkel is non-functional and was added purely for aesthetics, and the tires, despite Johnny’s extensive fender modifications, still rub at full lock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a novelty project like that, especially for a creative, artistic modder like Johnny, who obviously did a great job with it for his specific use case.

But I doubt you bought Pepe to, as you suggest, take down “gnarly Cat4 roads in search of great roads to ride bikes on,” where the “offroad implications are real.”

So are you looking for form, function, or both on your Bronco mods?

And that’s a serious question, BTW. I’m not trolling you. No judgment. I am simply trying to understand what your ultimate intent is for the new Bronco?
Sponsored

Last edited: