Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

agree there is a lot more coming, part of why I am sticking with the squatch for 6months to a year the way it is.
as for desire, cars ARE an emotional purchase, we all like certain things about them, else we wouldn't be car/truck people.

Front bumper, I don't like the look of the front bumper with winch avail from Ford. I would only do the rear bumper if I get 37s, I think we're going to find in time that the rear door is burdened by large tires.

that slider you are speaking of is very cool, still waiting to see what else comes. I think moving parts will get compromised by NE winter salt.
I think we can agree that the Bronco will do everything you want it to do with zero modifications, other than some steps. If you're concerned about East coast weather, then I haven't seen a better or more beefy step than the 4WP product.

As far as cosmetic mods that are also functional, I get it. I'm debating with myself along the same lines. Do I want a stock looking Bronco, and then go out and spank the modified Broncos and modified Jeeps out on the trail? That's my style. I really like doing more with less on the trail (except with my rock buggy, different world), the challenge adds to the fun factor, and we all have egos. 😊 On the other hand, since the Bronco is new, it would be cool to have it look built up to some degree, good looking off road bumpers, shocks, etc. Again back to our egos and what we like and how we want to be seen. I'm really digging the King Shocks for Bronco, especially what they are doing with internal bypasses, might be hard to resist. Combination of wanting to look bad ass and be bad ass. 😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going back to the OP’s lifted MINI Cooper S for a moment, knowing more about the current daily driver (“Pepe”) will help inform others attempting to offer suggestions about build modifications for the new Bronco.

@GreenMtnBronco, did you buy Pepe from Johnny Lange (UtahJohnnyL) off of Bring a Trailer back in May, or did you buy it off of someone else who bought it from Johnny?

Pepe was a cool little novelty project that Johnny cooked up, but it is definitely more form-over-function, intended to be a head-turner and conversation-starter for the Cars and Coffee scene.

For example, the lights are cheap eBay add-ons, the snorkel is non-functional and was added purely for aesthetics, and the tires, despite Johnny’s extensive fender modifications, still rub at full lock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a novelty project like that, especially for a creative, artistic modder like Johnny, who obviously did a great job with it for his specific use case.

But I doubt you bought Pepe to, as you suggest, take down “gnarly Cat4 roads in search of great roads to ride bikes on,” where the “offroad implications are real.”

So are you looking for form, function, or both on your Bronco mods?

And that’s a serious question, BTW. I’m not trolling you. No judgment. I am simply trying to understand what your ultimate intent is for the new Bronco?
I don't feel trolled and appreciate where you are coming from. I bought pepe knowing what it was and wasn't (yes, I won the BAT auction) - it turns heads, it's cool on gravel roads, lacking 4WD and real clearance, I wouldn't take it on a CAT4 road or any other serious off road ventures. FYI, the snorkel is gone, a lower profile roof is going on (all to decrease windage), likely wrapping the body, think of the Keen project porsches in blue/yellow/red, that's the look we're going for. BTW< those lights, which I considered changing are super powerful. As for turning heads, I did a bike race in VT (gravel/cat4roads) with 1400 people last week and parked at the front of the lot, I think over 100 people asked to take pics. I've also sourced a pair of newer sports seats that we made fit, very positive for form & function. btw, Johnny is a class act, super helpful after the sale (and to this day) on any questions I've had or upgrades I am considering, I love the Cayenne he just did.

the approach with the bronco is to make it functional with a strong nod to form. I am not going to do anything crazy that is going to turn heads, aside from it being new. 1-strong offroad capability, and doing it in a tasteful way. yes the 35s are more than capable, I'd like 37s. I also may not do anything on that right away since it is capable out of the box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we can agree that the Bronco will do everything you want it to do with zero modifications, other than some steps. If you're concerned about East coast weather, then I haven't seen a better or more beefy step than the 4WP product.

As far as cosmetic mods that are also functional, I get it. I'm debating with myself along the same lines. Do I want a stock looking Bronco, and then go out and spank the modified Broncos and modified Jeeps out on the trail? That's my style. I really like doing more with less on the trail (except with my rock buggy, different world), the challenge adds to the fun factor, and we all have egos. 😊 On the other hand, since the Bronco is new, it would be cool to have it look built up to some degree, good looking off road bumpers, shocks, etc. Again back to our egos and what we like and how we want to be seen. I'm really digging the King Shocks for Bronco, especially what they are doing with internal bypasses, might be hard to resist. Combination of wanting to look bad ass and be bad ass. 😁
I have a good offroad mod shop not far from me, my plan is to have a conversation with them about what they would do, I agree on what you are saying. EG, when it comes to wheels, I am not looking for something "loud," I think that a gloss/satin black is fine. I think the lower profile roof lights are more subdued than say 5x5" round lights up there. I am not out competing against anyone on the trail, hardly ever see others as my vehicle is a tool to access the backcountry for human powered adventures.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail turn comes on all automatics, trail control on all 2.7s. The ratio is probably the best point. Also you won't have trouble selling the 35s (probably $1500 or so).
if i get that much, it makes the cost of the ratio "reasonable"

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a good offroad mod shop not far from me, my plan is to have a conversation with them about what they would do, I agree on what you are saying. EG, when it comes to wheels, I am not looking for something "loud," I think that a gloss/satin black is fine. I think the lower profile roof lights are more subdued than say 5x5" round lights up there. I am not out competing against anyone on the trail, hardly ever see others as my vehicle is a tool to access the backcountry for human powered adventures.

Oh yeah, I don't do lights either. Their purpose is for seeing better while hauling ass at night. Driving on dirt access roads the stock headlights do just fine. On the trail at night all those big ass lights do is piss off the people in front of you and make it harder for them to see with those bright ass lights shining in the mirrors. Of course, if you plan to drive in the back country at night by yourself more lights can be a good thing. I've done way more night wheeling than most, and I've never put on extra lights, guess it could be part rebellion from everyone else doing it. Heck, I've seen guys run those big wide light bars in the daytime on the trail and it still glows in your mirrors. Sheesh.... :rolleyes:
Sponsored