l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, ā€˜93 Land Cruiser, e400 wagon, GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you have all the answers already in your head, why post the thread?
I guess I really did not communicate well. I have ideas about what I want. It was asking for help in how to best configure a Bronco. You can't just get everything you want a la carte. There are combinations that are possible and some that are not. There are two different motors and there may be reasons to consider one vs the other given the circumstances.

Holy shit this has been an awkward first thread for me.
I guess I should have posed the question differently.

I may need to delete and start all over again in this group. Lol.
Sponsored

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh my god. I guess I don't have a feel for this forum yet. I'm a Bronco n00b. The options/packages are overwhelming. Just thought it would be fun and interesting for those that have figured out all the nuances to suggest how to best configure a Bronco.

Does anyone want to play my game?
Donā€™t take it personal. Everyone here is just cranky because they may never get their Bronco.
If I was you, Iā€™d go with the Badlands with Sasquatch, 2.7, MGV, tow, brush guard and soft top. There will eventually be a nice aftermarket roof rack for the soft top.

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you want a redundant vehicle just in case? Sounds like you have more money than you need. Iā€™ll only charge you 100$ an hour to help you spec and order it out.
Again I'm still having trouble getting the vibe of this forum which is new to me so forgive me for any mis-step. I want a Bronco because it is a capable and fun offroad vehicle. I want a redundant vehicle because I like vehicles and I did not realize that in here one should be mocked for having the financial resources to have more than one offroad "toy".

I thought this was a place for enthusiasts of the model which, to my understanding, is for offroading and fun. I thought that my question may be interesting for some enthusiasts to help another enthusiast with a different than normal situation. While I know some here will need to debate which motor or transmission choice is better for their suburban commute and which package looks better or sits 1/4" higher when parked on pavement next to another configuration I figured that there were some enthusiasts who may enjoy helping me consider my options for which Bronco is best for bashing around the jungle. Maybe I'm wrong.

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would go Basesquatch. Minimum electronics. Maximum offroad capability
Thank you for the suggestion and this option certainly seemed to come to the front when I starting considering this purchase. But the more I think about it the carpeted interior may be a deal breaker. Even if I did not get rained on with doors off the sand and wet from the beach and the mud from offroading makes the hose out rubber interior very desirable.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again I'm still having trouble getting the vibe of this forum which is new to me so forgive me for any mis-step. I want a Bronco because it is a capable and fun offroad vehicle. I want a redundant vehicle because I like vehicles and I did not realize that in here one should be mocked for having the financial resources to have more than one offroad "toy".

I thought this was a place for enthusiasts of the model which, to my understanding, is for offroading and fun. I thought that my question may be interesting for some enthusiasts to help another enthusiast with a different than normal situation. While I know some here will need to debate which motor or transmission choice is better for their suburban commute and which package looks better or sits 1/4" higher when parked on pavement next to another configuration I figured that there were some enthusiasts who may enjoy helping me consider my options for which Bronco is best for bashing around the jungle. Maybe I'm wrong.
Well yea I believe some members gave you some advice which you then turned into how you are better than everyone else. Iā€™m just saying check your tone in the first place. And all we are saying is that a brand new bronco prob ainā€™t best suited for rainforest or jungle bashing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Otherwise a Black Diamond Sasquatch sounds like relatively it might be okay because of the more water resistant interior (wash out floors, marine grade vinyl seats) and gearing of 4.7:1 that comes with the Sasquatch so you keep your torque if running above 35's (which are stock). Sasquatch gets the lift and lockers which you mentioned needing.
Thank you for the helpful/thoughtful response. The Black Diamond Sasquatch does boil to the top as a good option but can't get manual trans. I guess the Sasquatch package is such a good option that may be worth giving up preference for manual.

The other consideration to to stay with manual is to go to the Badlands non-squatch which woudl give the rubber interior, manual, but with HOSS suspension. Then get 35" tires aftermarket.

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd go Base 4DR Sasquatch. While you mentioned that you like manuals, I'd go with the 2.7 and the auto for the torque. I Base 4DR Sasquatch with the 2.3 and auto and I find it to be fine for my uses. But with the mud and hills and rutted narrow roads I'd go with the 2.7.
thank you for toughts and suggestions. I agree that the trade-off of power/torque for the manual may not be worth it but...then again....how many more chances will we have to buy a manual??

The only problem with basesquatch is the carpet. I really think I need the rubber interior. Can the carpet be removed and rubber is under it?

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hate to say it because I know you, like the rest of us, would love to finally take delivery of our Bronco, but for Cost Rica....wait until you get there and buy a Suzuki Jimny. Looks like a smaller version of the Bronco 2 door with solid axles and lockers. It won't have the power of the Bronco but it will have the capability to get you anywhere you need to go in CR and it will fit the size of the roads there much better. Better gas mileage too.
I appreciate the advice and I know why you say this. I am quite familar with the Jimny and I am not interested in owning one even though you are correct about their utilitarian merits. I am looking for something different, fun, interesting, and looking to take advantage of the ability to get a car for 50% off by importing.

Again, lets just say I'm an idiot and have no idea what I am doing and I'm going to stupidly bring a Bronco into the country. Which configuration is the least stupid? :)

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I appreciate the advice and I know why you say this. I am quite familar with the Jimny and I am not interested in owning one even though you are correct about their utilitarian merits. I am looking for something different, fun, interesting, and looking to take advantage of the ability to get a car for 50% off by importing.

Again, lets just say I'm an idiot and have no idea what I am doing and I'm going to stupidly bring a Bronco into the country. Which configuration is the least stupid? :)
Black diamond. With Sasquatch pkg

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or maybe even a SxS or something like that. And bring lots of spare parts and some tools.

Edit to add: if you do want to do this, I'd get a basequatch with the aux switches or level up a bit for lockers, avoid all the stuff in high/lux.
Thank you for the thoughts. Already got the SxS covered (2021 Yamaha RMAX 1000 4-seater) which is a great vehicle and does actually overlap quite a bit with the theoretical Bronco purchase because in Costa RIca the SxS is steet legal so can be used for everyday driving around and is exactly what we use for quick runs to town for groceries or to the beach etc.

The one thing about the SxS that can get annoying especially if doing a few miles along the coast road to another town etc is that it is LOUD as hell. Like crazy loud. Just takes something away from the ability to use is as a casual daily driver.

Basesquatch is carpet which is what keeps moving me off that idea but agree I do not need the tech/lux.

Ford Bronco Help me spec rig for my house in Costa Rica 20210722_135137

Sponsored
OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Black diamond. With Sasquatch pkg
Thank you. This is a leading candidate. There are big rocks and boulders especially when crossing rivers so the extra bash protection is good. Will just have to settle for auto to get the other stuff that makes sense.

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Uvita is not really that remote. But it is kinda far from San Jose. I broke down in matapalo once. That's pretty far out there. . .To be honest man a jacked up yota will probably be your best bet for future service and ease of operation. Plus a new bronco will probably draw a ton of attention.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If youā€™re ordering a ā€˜22 then manual transmission W/ Sasquatch package will be available. It will only come with the 2.3L engine.

Iā€™d get that in the lowest package Badlands available plus all the accessories you need (tow package, lockable storage, mod front numb with brush guard, etc)

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Import the Bronco and sell for a nice profit. Use that profit to build a Toyota Hilux. If the Bronco is a must, given your list of requirements I would do a base SAS with a 2.7L. As little tech as possible.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the Sasquatch package is such a good option that may be worth giving up preference for manual.
Expectations are that the sasquatch package will have a manual transmission option when '22 order banks open.

Based on your wants and needs, I don't see how a Black Diamond, Sasquatch, marine grade vinyl and washout floors, with the standard (lowest tech) package isn't ideal. Badlands doesn't make sense as an upgrade when going sasquatch unless you want a high or lux package, which you don't.

The only caveat to that would be if Ford continues to not offer the MT in the Black Diamond next year even with the sasquatch package. Then, if it's important enough to you, the upgrade to the Badlands may be worth it.
Sponsored