Help me spec rig for my house in Costa Rica

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dude....I'm a Bronco n00b. I've only recently gotten interested in a Bronco. Otherwise I have been around the block a few times. The thread was posted in a Bronco forum asking about spec'ing a Bronco should I decide to bring one to CR.
OK, maybe a Bronco n00b, but otherwize it looks like you know what you are doing. And trust me, with the new Bronco, we are all n00bs. I stand by my Badlands recommendation. I will probably be upgrading to one if I ever get rid of my squatter so I can sell my house.
Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't get the answers you got here on this post. It seems to be a major "bug" with this Forum!

Anyway, Ford sells vehicles in Costa Rica, so while a US warranty probably won't be honored you should be able to get parts and service on a Bronco there.

As for the config, it sounds like what would work for you given your criteria is a MY2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch 2.3L 7M. I'd probably order it as MIC and grab one of the Bestop soft tops and toss that box in the back before you ship it over.

Any idea on what you want for Vehicle #2 since you get 2 tax free?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond, stock, with the 2.3 liter and manual. Done. Rear lockers only. Steel wheels. Has rock rails, etc. Wash-out interior.

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, ‘93 Land Cruiser, e400 wagon, GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't get the answers you got here on this post. It seems to be a major "bug" with this Forum!

Anyway, Ford sells vehicles in Costa Rica, so while a US warranty probably won't be honored you should be able to get parts and service on a Bronco there.

As for the config, it sounds like what would work for you given your criteria is a MY2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch 2.3L 7M. I'd probably order it as MIC and grab one of the Bestop soft tops and toss that box in the back before you ship it over.

Any idea on what you want for Vehicle #2 since you get 2 tax free?
Thanks for suggested config.

As for import vehicle #2 wifey will likely get a next gen 4Runner when they finally update the platform for MY2023. We will add aftermarket mods to badassify it as necessary.

Reactions: RPF
OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a question for you actually. I bought land in CR a few years back and have now lost it to squatters. My wife's family (they live there) told me I am SOL and should forget about it. Do you know of anything I might be able to do to get the land back? I was hoping to keep the land to build a place to stay in the future.
Well I've heard of this happening but never actually knew anyone in particular that has dealt with this. Where is the land and what is is worth?

You may be totally screwed. The only thing I could suggest would be to contact a local lawyer who speaks English and ask what your options are.

If you legally still have title in the Registry the only other option would require some shady strong arming of some kind which would require muscle from outside the area for a long period of time to encourage a long term change in the situation on the ground. This would cost money and have legal and moral considerations. Even if you could get them off you likely can never enjoy the property as the gringo that fought this fight but maybe you could sell? Is the property worth much?

Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well I've heard of this happening but never actually knew anyone in particular that has dealt with this. Where is the land and what is is worth?

You may be totally screwed. The only thing I could suggest would be to contact a local lawyer who speaks English and ask what your options are.

If you legally still have title in the Registry the only other option would require some shady strong arming of some kind which would require muscle from outside the area for a long period of time to encourage a long term change in the situation on the ground. This would cost money and have legal and moral considerations. Even if you could get them off you likely can never enjoy the property as the gringo that fought this fight but maybe you could sell? Is the property worth much?
Thanks for the reply and advice. The property isn't worth much at all. It is really about the principle. Supposedly, my wifes uncle was supposed to be watchig over it for us. Personally I think he screwed us. But I may look into a local lawyer as well. No need to strongarm anyone.

OP
OP
l00semarble

l00semarble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford sells vehicles in Costa Rica, so while a US warranty probably won't be honored you should be able to get parts and service on a Bronco there.
Yes this is true and part of the plan though I would never use a dealer for service outside of warranty unless it is truly some kind of dealer only service like coding an ECU/module that can't be done outside of the stealership.

It is also possible to ship parts from the states and possible to Sherpa them down depending on size/weight. Us property owners have a Sherpa network and we are always having a friend/guest/family member bring objects down.
Sponsored