Sponsored

Help me! Will dual top MIC/Soft delay order?

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love this forum and appreciate all the info this last year.
knowledge or general thought on dual top with MIC/Soft on a 4dr BL affecting delivery? I know mod dual etc are making late but I can’t seem to research the answer on this.

Saw converted 2000 orders only have 5% getting soft top. Likely as MIC will be prewired for washer etc.

My dealer is saying go just soft as I’m a 7/13 and his #1 res. He wants to get it too. But if dual will not delay if prefer. $ and equipment reasons.

thanks in advance !!
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://community.thebronconation.com/up-on-a-roof-2/

Dual tops - MIC/Soft are late availability. It's still possible with late availability to get a 21 MY but it's not guaranteed.

Personally - I'd go MIC to get the plumbing and by an aftermarket soft top down the line.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, MIC gives a touch more security, warmth and quiet. Eventually there will be several sales of soft top available too.

OP
OP
JadeF100

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for these.
Will MIC only delay? Not standard top.
Dealer saying yes.

I guess it seems odd that putting a soft top inside the truck delays it out. But I know thats just something we are dealing with. The WHY? Behind things Ford is saying.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late Oct order here.

Dual topped it. I'm going to be waiting either way.

I am wondering if I'll ditch one or the other eventually.

Sponsored

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for these.
Dealer saying yes.

I guess it seems odd that putting a soft top inside the truck delays it out. But I know thats just something we are dealing with. The WHY? Behind things Ford is saying.
MIC top only will not delay, neither will soft top only.

Only delays are on Dual tops and Modular Shadow Black top

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC only carries commodity restraints if you’re his number 1 allocation go with the MIC only and get soft top later. that’s what i did

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Generally speaking it would be important to know what constraint vs back order means. If it’s really a constraint item and not BO item then I would imagine Ford is able to build a certain number of any selections of Broncos. It comes down to time stamp and rolling availability unless Ford is being sneaky by claiming it’s by time stamp but really fulfilling two orders (one mic order and one soft order) vs. fulfilling one order that is duel. I have no inside track and not enough experience with Ford preorder history to know what they are doing. Either way frustrating! Logistics amateur hour!!

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this forum and appreciate all the info this last year.
knowledge or general thought on dual top with MIC/Soft on a 4dr BL affecting delivery? I know mod dual etc are making late but I can’t seem to research the answer on this.

Saw converted 2000 orders only have 5% getting soft top. Likely as MIC will be prewired for washer etc.

My dealer is saying go just soft as I’m a 7/13 and his #1 res. He wants to get it too. But if dual will not delay if prefer. $ and equipment reasons.

thanks in advance !!
I am in your same boat reservation wise. 7/13 and #1 with my dealer. I want my Bronco this summer if at all possible, so I removed everything that I could live without that would possibly cause a delay. I went with a BL with no Squatch, a 2.3 with 10 speed, and MIC to try and limit my delay exposure. I am confident that there will be aftermarket soft tops that I will like as much or better than the present soft top offered by Ford and I am fine with waiting and using my bimini top until they come out. I wasn't going to forego the LUX, so that is the only potential hold up based on the current information we have available.

The question you have to ask yourself is,
"Do I sacrifice getting exactly what I want regardless of the time frame, or do leave some items I want out of my build with the hopes of getting my Bronco sooner?"

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for these.
Dealer saying yes.

I guess it seems odd that putting a soft top inside the truck delays it out. But I know that's just something we are dealing with. The WHY? Behind things Ford is saying.
Soft top is NOT causing a delay. MIC is NOT causing a delay.

The reason for the combination causing a delay is because Ford can ship two complete vehicles if they only take one top. They'd rather get two vehicles out the door.

COVID has affected all supply lines, obviously Ford has some inventory of tops expected. The delay for the combination is probably to just get supply chains up to speed.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Generally speaking it would be important to know what constraint vs back order means. If it’s really a constraint item and not BO item then I would imagine Ford is able to build a certain number of any selections of Broncos. It comes down to time stamp and rolling availability unless Ford is being sneaky by claiming it’s by time stamp but really fulfilling two orders (one mic order and one soft order) vs. fulfilling one order that is duel. I have no inside track and not enough experience with Ford preorder history to know what they are doing. Either way frustrating! Logistics amateur hour!!
Ford has been very clear about this.

BO is what Ford is calling “late availability.” This includes modular top and dual tops.

Contraint items is the “deadly 5/6” that Ford sent the email on enumerating those items and explaining they expect demand to outpace availability in MY21... so the later your reservation the more likely optioning one of those items will delay your delivery.

So many people have been coming to the forum recently stating their dealer said MIC top is also late availability... my question is whether there is new info that’s come down from Ford that we haven’t heard (unlikely) or if the dealerships are just not reading closely what Ford has said (likely).

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for these.
Dealer saying yes.

MIC will not delay. Unless there is need that B6G has not heard yet.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has been very clear about this.

BO is what Ford is calling “late availability.” This includes modular top and dual tops.

Contraint items is the “deadly 5/6” that Ford sent the email on enumerating those items and explaining they expect demand to outpace availability in MY21... so the later your reservation the more likely optioning one of those items will delay your delivery.

So many people have been coming to the forum recently stating their dealer said MIC top is also late availability... my question is whether there is new info that’s come down from Ford that we haven’t heard (unlikely) or if the dealerships are just not reading what Ford has said closely (likely).
the dealers are completely worthless from my experience which also falls back on Ford. No reason Ford shouldn’t have a solid rep/spokesperson to effectively communicate (even if things are not concrete). In fact one of the largest car companies in the world should have a whole team on communication. All we want, at the least, is transparency so we can continue to act like little kids waiting for Santa (besides, of course, to make educated decisions about a 60kplus vehicle we plan to own for 3plus years)! If this is how they operate with all launches, I wouldn’t buy their stock. Also, one would think with all the issues they are seeing with the sport and rusty full size parts for the full size bronco that they would be on “customer service high alert” with customes to keep them from buying a different vehicle. I would have moved on but i have always wanted an old school bronco but don’t have room for two trucks due to my kids chit, this allows me to get close to what I have always wanted in one vehicle. I would buy another explorer but after this adventure, if it wasn’t the bronco, I wouldn't be buying Ford again.
Sorry for the rant, had to get it out of my system so I can enjoy the weekend!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, MIC gives a touch more security, warmth and quiet. Eventually there will be several sales of soft top available too.
Do you have to pay the extra $500 "sound deadening" to get that warmth and quiet?
I am torn on whether to get that. That price is steep.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The question you have to ask yourself is,
"Do I sacrifice getting exactly what I want regardless of the time frame, or do leave some items I want out of my build with the hopes of getting my Bronco sooner?"
Excellent question.

I am getting the Grey top on the 2-Door. I would have wanted a different color.
Also I am getting the switches but NOT the roof rack as I think it may be a delay and maybe I can use my bathtub full of FordPass points to get it later.
Sponsored