Sponsored

Help my Uncle IRA out with vehicle suggestions........Update: he finally bought a vehicle.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old dealer scam, they send/call everyone in their database no matter what the vehicle and tell them their (insert vehicle) is in high demand, they promise 'extra incentives' only available for that model), so they can get used inventory to sell and get you in the dealership to look at new vehicles. Then they run the numbers and fleece you while you have the mindset that you are getting a good deal because your 'hot used model' is in such demand.
Nah, my dealer wouldn’t do that…..
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As it stands today the 4dr won't be the most comfortable to sleep in (barring a interior hammock setup) because the seats don't fold completely flat with the trunk floor.

However, people are expecting the aftermarket to remedy that.

If I were your Uncle I'd be getting a badass van. Truthfully, the Transit with the 3.5 Ecoboost is comical to drive. A billboard sized vehicle has no business accelerating that quickly.

1622814216396.png

1622814276818.png
Van does sound like the best bet...

But tell Uncle Tom to get a Sportsmobile. He'll thank me so much that he will want to find me and let me borrow it.🤣🤣

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Flex?

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK, I'm gonna say this, but please no flames. Has he looked at the 4 door Wrangler JL? I can carry my wife's 3 wheeler, along with my 2 wheeler. But, I do have to remove the front wheel and turn mine over to slid in in there. Without the 3 wheeler I can just lay mine down, and slide it right in the back. Oh, one thing, mine is a 26" bike with a standard frame. A larger frame may still require the front tire to be removed. If he doesn't like Jeep I think he's on the right track with the Explorer. Lots for room, and a very comfortable vehicle as I understand.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honda Element is perfect for that. Maybe consider finding the lowest mileage one there is?
0jJbb9h.jpg

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes he can put it anywhere he wants. We are talking a mandatory withdraw of about $80k a year for the next 20 years. I told him he needs to have some fun because you can't take it with you. He responded that there just isn't much he cares to do. He really needs to just treat himself to a new car. One he really wants. Because he got COVID relief money (they don't count his assets just income) he put into his old Ranger to get some more years out of it. He has that much invested because he never spends. But damn at some point get absolutely what you want and not worry about the price. He told me what happens in 5 years if he doesn't like it or things change. I'm like sell it and get something else?
Actually, the RMD percentage amount increases each year. If his investments grow the amount he has to take out even more. Not taking it out is not an option because the amount not taken is taxed at 50%. I am in a similar situation. The damn government is forcing me to buy a Bronco.! Now, if Ford could just build me one. They may force me to buy a Mach E next year!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Lexus GX or LX are both pretty nice. I have a family member who works for Toyota/Lexus and he has provided several to the family with his discount. They are very reliable, comfortable and some find them attractive? The LX is large enough, GX is a bit more sporty.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model