Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm so frustrated with this stupid CCV line. Trying to install a double oil catch can and I'm stuck with whats supposed to be an easy disconnect and removal. The CCV line is obviously on the drivers side and has no sensor attached. each end of the line has 2 different connectors. I got a list of connectors used on the Bronco from @flip but these 2 connectors dont seem to be on it.

The one on top of the valve cover:

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can upper CCV

and this is the hard to reach one at the turbo inlet:

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can Lower CCV

Autozone and O'riely's suggested the connectors need a special tool which I bought but didnt work. There is just no room to use the tools.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how on how to do this?

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can CCV
Sponsored

Last edited:

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe just cut the lines and attach to them directly. These are low pressure and a hose clamp over a flexible line to your catch can should work fine. And with all those others lines, who is going to notice.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure you've already tried this, but just in case... for the lower (and likely both) the key is getting the orange part out of the way, so the hose can turn about 1/4 or less. I notice a bit of gap from the base of the connector and the orange. This is likely putting extra pressure on the piece making it hard to compress and turn.

Try this.
1. Push up to close that gap.
2. While maintaining pressure, depress the orange plastic.
3. While the plastic is depressed, turn counter-clockwise 1/4 turn and pull back.

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can Lower CCV

If that works, add another pic of the top connection for a better view of the orange piece. It looks like it works differently.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe just cut the lines and attach to them directly. These are low pressure and a hose clamp over a flexible line to your catch can should work fine. And with all those others lines, who is going to notice.
I dont want to cut the line in case I want to put it back together as original again .... with all the parts shortages that could turn into something bad.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont want to cut the line in case I want to put it back together as original again .... with all the parts shortages that could turn into something bad.
Yep, best not cut or permanently modify while under warranty if that matters to you ;)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so frustrated with this stupid CCV line. Trying to install a double oil catch can and I'm stuck with whats supposed to be an easy disconnect and removal. The CCV line is obviously on the drivers side and has no sensor attached. each end of the line has 2 different connectors. I got a list of connectors used on the Bronco from @flip but these 2 connectors dont seem to be on it.

The one on top of the valve cover:

and this is the hard to reach one at the turbo inlet:

Autozone and O'riely's suggested the connectors need a special tool which I bought but didnt work. There is just no room to use the tools.

I'm where you were. Did you get the CCV fittings off?

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm where you were. Did you get the CCV fittings off?
No .... I gave up ..... the only way i figured out was to cut the hose and use a TEE for the connecting lines but I dont want to do that .... I dont even know the ID of that hose to try to fit a TEE on it

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that one has the 3 orange titties on the inside you need to release. Found the instructions

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 5F0EA243-4DD0-466F-9248-7A2F52E9E3BA

Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can 5F0EA243-4DD0-466F-9248-7A2F52E9E3BA
Problem is there is no way i can get my hand on the lower connection to do anything with it.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it off... Just a few busted knuckles. The top one we actually found a wrench 1 1/16 small enough to to turn it...popped right off. Found the instructions above to get out the fitting. The lower one we just had to push, turn, and manhandle. There's is no room down there! Wish they were like the PCV side or like Mishimoto fittings...Which by the way, I wish @Mishimoto would have had instructions with the dual catch can showing the CCV side.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got it off... Just a few busted knuckles. The top one we actually found a wrench 1 1/16 small enough to to turn it...popped right off. Found the instructions above to get out the fitting. The lower one we just had to push, turn, and manhandle. There's is no room down there! Wish they were like the PCV side or like Mishimoto fittings...Which by the way, I wish @Mishimoto would have had instructions with the dual catch can showing the CCV side.
might have to drive to Dallas to have you take mine off too .... every Ford tech i talked to in person told me they would just break it off

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

might have to drive to Dallas to have you take mine off too .... every Ford tech i talked to in person told me they would just break it off
Ford Bronco HELP!! need to remove the CCV line to  double oil catch can IMG_20220505_073354

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hey @buzpro - That fitting sure puts up a good fight. We found that by using a small pick tool, we could unclip the three barbs inside the fitting and that helped us release it.

Hey @Razorback

We just wrapped up the written install guide and posted on the product page. When you click the 'Tech Specs' tab, it's just underneath in an orange block. Here's a shortcut link for you, too.

Our install video is also being wrapped up early next week. Once that is live, I'll drop a link in this thread.

We have found that the black + yellow fittings from our kit are much easier to remove/install, so that's one of the reasons why we use them. If you do happen to damage the OEM CCV hose during removal, the OEM part number is MB3Z-6758-C. You might see a different 'manufacturing number' on your OEM hose (ours is MB3E-6758-AB).

- John P

JD8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @buzpro - That fitting sure puts up a good fight. We found that by using a small pick tool, we could unclip the three barbs inside the fitting and that helped us release it.

Hey @Razorback

We just wrapped up the written install guide and posted on the product page. When you click the 'Tech Specs' tab, it's just underneath in an orange block. Here's a shortcut link for you, too.

Our install video is also being wrapped up early next week. Once that is live, I'll drop a link in this thread.

We have found that the black + yellow fittings from our kit are much easier to remove/install, so that's one of the reasons why we use them. If you do happen to damage the OEM CCV hose during removal, the OEM part number is MB3Z-6758-C. You might see a different 'manufacturing number' on your OEM hose (ours is MB3E-6758-AB).

- John P
Hey John, you have a link to the video. I’m at an impasse as well….

directions really don’t help with how or where to push the pick tool etc. Bblue ones were a piece of cake to remove. I just can’t get these orange ones undone. I only saw the singles catch can on youtube

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored