Help on interior room for 6’8” height

Ron Wolfe

Badlands
First Name
Chewbacca
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, 2 F150’s , Explorer, F250
I’m 6’8” 40” inseam 40” waist 28” wide outside shoulder to outside shoulder. I need advice from someone that has sat in and driven the full size Bronco model. What Ford model does the interior room most closely resemble? I’ve sat in the new Ranger 4 door 4x4 and the drivers cock pit is not overall size sufficient enough for me to spend that kind of money. My wife drives a 17 Explorer with multiple seat adjustments and no sun roof. I can fit comfortably Head to toe and side to side in the drivers cock pit area. I do not like vehicles with tall center consoles because it restricts my side to side leg movement. Door openings are a big deal also with tall people. I drove a 2020 F150 and was disappointed in the door opening size. Once my body was inside the room was no issue. I’ve looked at the interior size measurements and tried to compare. It’s not the same as being able to sit in and feel the size and roominess. Of course there is no dealership close that has access to one for me to sit in. I have a reservation and I‘m trying to decide wether or not to confirm the reservation for the Badlands model. Thanks.

Advertisement

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Look at the historical timeline, I believe there's a post from a gargantuan like yourself sitting in a 6G, I'll try and find the exact date.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-bronco-historical-timeline.67/

Edit - 6'7" almost as tall as you...

Jul 15th 2020 - 'Doug' drops a double 2-door sighting on us; an Oxford White Big Bend & a Shadow Black Black Diamond The Thread

Also today, longtime member @Simmy posts some pics of a 6'7" 360lb mountain of a man showing how he fits in a 4-door 6G. The Thread

We also get some pics & video of a Cyber Orange, Squatch'd Base model at a marina from 'Doug' The Thread

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Vehicle Showcase
6'8" tall with a 28" waist and "wide"?

Are you paper?

JK.

Nobody has driven it. Very few have sat in it. But there are pictures of a dude bigger than you getting in and he seemed comfortable. He commented in that thread.

Roof wasn't on it though lol.

OP
Ron Wolfe

Ron Wolfe

Badlands
First Name
Chewbacca
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at the historical timeline, I believe there's a post from a gargantuan like yourself sitting in a 6G, I'll try and find the exact date.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-bronco-historical-timeline.67/

Edit - 6'7" almost as tall as you...

Jul 15th 2020 - 'Doug' drops a double 2-door sighting on us; an Oxford White Big Bend & a Shadow Black Black Diamond The Thread

Also today, longtime member @Simmy posts some pics of a 6'7" 360lb mountain of a man showing how he fits in a 4-door 6G. The Thread

We also get some pics & video of a Cyber Orange, Squatch'd Base model at a marina from 'Doug' The Thread
Thanks for the info. The pics I saw didn’t have a top on. His head looks like it is up into the frame work. Do you know if the Badlands will have a adjustable up and down seat? That’s how I fit into my wife’s Explorer.

OP
Ron Wolfe

Ron Wolfe

Badlands
First Name
Chewbacca
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6'8" tall with a 28" waist and "wide"?

Are you paper?

JK.

Nobody has driven it. Very few have sat in it. But there are pictures of a dude bigger than you getting in and he seemed comfortable. He commented in that thread.

Roof wasn't on it though lol.
54” chest......

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for the info. The pics I saw didn’t have a top on. His head looks like it is up into the frame work. Do you know if the Badlands will have a adjustable up and down seat? That’s how I fit into my wife’s Explorer.
I have no idea, sorry man. Doesn't the specs sheet on Ford.com list which models have the adjustable seats? Anyone, Bueller?

I can't imagine you fit too comfortably in most vehicles; wouldn't the Ranger be comparable to sit in? Where's all our specification gurus at?

Rogues Gambit

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Clubs

I have no idea, sorry man. Doesn't the specs sheet on Ford.com list which models have the adjustable seats? Anyone, Bueller?

I can't imagine you fit too comfortably in most vehicles; wouldn't the Ranger be comparable to sit in? Where's all our specification gurus at?
Actually am curious myself, as i wonder what vehicles work for OC's who are similar height

OP
Ron Wolfe

Ron Wolfe

Badlands
First Name
Chewbacca
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually am curious myself, as i wonder what vehicles work for OC's who are similar height
No vehicle perfectly fits. I have owned 2 old 2 door Broncos, Excursion, 3 F150s, and a 19 F250.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Clubs

One of the very few benefits of being short (5'7), I fit comfortably in almost anything :sneaky:

Rick Astley

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird

Advertisement

Advertisement